MAC #234 Split Fibre Eye Blending Brush

MAC #234 Split Fibre Eye Blending Brush

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't believe my luck, finding this brush at Marshall's in Canada for $12. If they'd had more than one, I'd have bought it as well but considered myself fortunate to find this lone one tossed in with a bunch of other random stuff on a very messy shelf. While I wish it were more like the 233 (also LE, I think) - slightly shorter and firmer - this is still a really great brush. The lighter side (synthetic, I guess) is excellent for applying MAC's mineralize eyeshadows, which can be a bit difficult with a standard brush, and the natural bristle side is great for just about EVERYTHING. I also appreciated that this has a shorter handle than most of my MAC e/s brushes. I am short-sighted and practically have my nose against the mirror when applying shadows, so a shorter handle is much easier to use. The cashier at Marshall's said they've been getting a lot of MAC brushes lately so she's taken advantage and been adding to her own collection. She didn't know that MAC had discontinued its "old" brushes, replacing them all with synthetic ones, so when I told her this was the reason they're getting so many, she was very pleased and filled me in on when they get their shipments! I plan to go back regularly to check to see what other brushes they might get so I can add to my MAC brushes too, at a greatly discounted price.

on 1/14/2018 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this brush for crease eyeshadow!

on 2/26/2013 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this as much as my 217 brush - they are very much alike, but it's nice to apply with the synthetic side and then blend the colors out with the natural hair side :)

A limited edition brush that I love so much that I now own 3. It's a slightly tapered, dome edged, and slightly fluffy brush that is similar to the shape of a MAC 217. The 234 is one hard work working, versatile, and multitasking brush. The synthetic side (white/beige bristles) does an amazing job of applying cream products (such as cream eye shadows and concealers) and also powder products too. Whereas the natural side (black/brown bristles) does an amazing job of blending or buffing out products, plus applying powder products too. This brush doesn't shed, is densely packed, but soft, washes well, and retains its shape. High quality brush, but sadly limited edition and I do hope MAC will re-promote it.

on 10/26/2012 1:40:00 PM

I purchased this brush from the Semi-precious collection. It is a limited edition duo fiber/ split fibre blending brush. It is best used with mineralized eye shadows, pigments, or shadows with a lot of glitter. I use the white side to pat on the shadow, and the dark side to blend. I find that using this brush causes less fallout from the shadows, and it is much more convenient than using multiple brushes. It is easy to clean. And it is a great addition to my collection. in fact, I recently purchased two backups online, unfortunately I had to pay almost double the price for each, but still very worth it!

on 7/22/2012 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I was drawn to this brush when a SA at MAC drug me over to the display. It looked really unique and when she said one side was for applying and the other for blending I thought that it was a great idea since I love multi-purpose items. I got both this brush and the 128 split fibre cheek brush. I was really amazed by how soft this brush is- WOW! It feels so nice and gentle on my lids. I find that it applies just the right amount of color and I dont get any fall out either. I apply shadows with the black side and blend with the other but I think both sides blend prettty well to be honest. I love using this brush and will probably get a back up!

Popular Makeup Brushes