Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipstick in Mango Tango

Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipstick in Mango Tango

4.3

Pretty bold red/coral shade lipstick that looks great on during the day in summer for a youthful look. I no longer desire spending or looking at other brand lipsticks; Collection range is affordable, highly pigmented and doesn't crack or look dry on my uncared lips. I've purchased 5 different colours in one shopping haul, 2 from the deluxe range. They range from pinks, coral to reds. The coral is the one I mostly use but I opt for the red shades at night. The staying power is actually decent. I also don't feel the need to keep reapplying or adding more layers for colour. The deluxe range is slightly dearer (but still cheap!) as they are a tad more moisturising and dewy. I feel they are all generally moisturising and the dewy look can be obtained from this lipstick by applying a lip balm beforehand. The colour ranges I own can also be applied in a gradient fashion on the lips, for that Korean girl look that they love to do with makeup on their lips to make them appear smaller.

I find the best way to apply lipstick so it doesn't look overdone as I feel self conscious to be walking around with obvious lipstick on my face. But to still have that punch of colour to create a "natural" complete look. I apply it by patting the lipstick on my bottom lips then I tightly pucker my lips together to transfer the colour to my top lips. This gives a similar look to that lipstick "stain" effect. My pink lipstick also double acts as my blusher which I apply lightly with my ring finger.

They each seem to have their own fruity/floral fragrance which I prefer over the typical lipstick smell (if you know what I mean).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The coral shade of this lippie suits my warm skin tone. It is highly pigmented but also buildable. All I need is one lippy and I can wear a subtle coral or a super bright pinkish coral lip colour!

Lippy will not apply well on chapped lips, so do make sure that you've got your lips well moisturised and exfoliated. Otherwise, they payoff and application is really good.

There is a light berry scent, but I'm not too fond of the lipstick taste that this one has.

It fades off after food and water (of course), or after 3-4 hours of application. Not too shabby for a lippy that is so affordable!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I'm trying to work my way out of my 'neutral rulez' makeup rut, so have slowly been introducing bright colours into my makeup bag, in the forms of blush and lipstick, to break up my safe-but-boring routine. MANGO TANGO is a tangerine shade, which has a twist of red in it. Keeping with my MAC comparisons, I'd say that the shade is along the same line as Morange, with a touch of Vegas Volt thrown in.

The finish to the lipstick is creamy and easy to distribute evenly - I find it similar to MAC Amplified finishes. The formula hasn't had a drying effect on my lips. The lasting power is average for a lipstick; four to five hours, depending on food or drink. No less and no worse then other brands. I've had no problems with the packaging - it is secure and doesn't look 'cheap'.

The only downside I've found for MANGO TANGO is the lack of sunshine to wear this summery shade... So yeah, it is something that will be sat in your makeup bag, without getting much wear.

The Collection 2000 Lasting Finish lipsticks come in 11 shades and I'm so impressed with the quality of the two I own [see my Pink Shock review], that I will be getting more in the future. The look and feel of MAC, for only 2.99.