Illamasqua Powder Blusher - Naked Rose

Illasmasqua Powder Blush

4.4

on 8/7/2017 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I own several blushes, but this is the one blush I find myself reaching for the most!

It's a beautiful dusty rose matte blush that looks good with any look, any occasion, day or night!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my favorite makeup product of life. I love a lot of makeup, but I can't think of anything that I love as much as Naked Rose. It is the perfect blush color for me, and I use it often. It melts into the skin and blends like a dream. It is just pigmented enough that it takes the lightest tap to get enough product on the brush, and it lasts for hours. Illamasqua's powder blushes are above and beyond in terms of quality, and Naked Rose is the stand out shade in their range if you have paler skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This blush is a great formula. Soft, pigmented, blendable. The packaging is a little flimsy as it's light plastic. I don't love the color. It's a baby pink. I was expecting more of a nude pink and I don't love this shade on me. But I can see how it's a great shade for others. Now that it's harder to get Illamasqua, I really wouldn't go through the effort when there are so many beautiful blush formulas that are easier to get.

on 3/19/2016 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG blusher. Perfect nude rose blusher for every occasion, extremely pigmented, yet the colour is so delicate, that even people, who usually don't use blusher find themselves liking this a lot. I can only recommend this baby. And it you're new to Illamasqua blushers.... use a very light hand. When they say 'highly pigmented', they mean highly pigmented :D

I had never used anything Illamasqua but was just browsing the counter one evening after work and the sales assistant asked if he could do my makeup - i think he was bored. Well he used this for my skin, saying the darker blushers I've been using can be a bit harsh on my very pale skin tone. Love this colour! It glides on like velvet and sits beautifully. Love it. Such a gorgeous colour and not overpowering.

on 6/23/2016 8:54:00 AM

Beautiful shade, perfect if you have red cheeks and don't want accent them, but only achive a healthy and fresh glow. Cute packaging also.

on 5/17/2015 12:45:00 PM

I'm going to be honest and say, I depotted this (as its packaging is just so bulky I thought I'd pop it in my Z palette.) Now, my method for depotting was the wimp-out 'pour rubbing alcohol on it to loosen glue' so I do think I ruined it. It's not been the same since the alcohol went on it. It used to be super pigmented, now it's got a film on it and doesn't work at all. That's weird as all my MAC blushers are perfect after the same ordeal. But, even when this worked fine, I agree with another reviewer here: the colour was flat and had no depth. It was a lot like NARS Dolce Vita actually now that I think of it. I'm not a fan of that one either because it's too pigmented, and rather flat... Though NARS has way better i.e translucent quality to it, even in that one in fact. So I don't know, yes, maybe with a light hand it's great, but I think a blush should be luminous. Not necessarily shimmery, but with a satin finish at least. This had a very blocky, flat finish. I'm still sorry I ruined it, as it's now pretty much bin worthy. But I'm not as upset as if I'd ruined a Guerlain or Becca blusher. I wouldn't repurchase.
[edit: I mashed it up and now it works as it used to. It's a very beautiful colour, a true rosewood. But, it's powdery and the finish is not special at all, it ruins it for me. I'm spoilt by luxury formulations and for the price/quantity etc it just is not remotely in the same league, purely going by finish. It does last a long time though. A solid 3 lippies from me.]

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm so happy I finally purchased this after years of hesitation. This blush was often recommended to me when I would ask for something neutral-pink for my N12 skin. Naked Rose is the winner because it fits the description perfectly. It's extremely pigmented (and I mean extremely) so I have to make sure I have to use a very light hand when applying (I use a MAC 187). The color absolutely fits its name as being a soft/muted/neutral rosey pink, and it lasts all day. I used to only wear Smashbox Prism as my daily blush which is a very light and bright pink, so I was nervous to try something new. I'm so glad I did and found something I love.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My Mac Blush All Day has nearly run out so o treated myself to this. The colour is practically the same, a muted, slightly brown-toned pink, but it's much more pigmented.

I adore it and will repurchase. It is the perfect colour for my skin, goes on well (although pigmented it's muted enough that it's hard to overload) lasts well and the packaging is nice.

Pricey but worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love illamasqua in theory. They have a great range, I love that they have a very diverse range of foundations and their staff have always been super friendly and helpful. They always do really light and friendly looks on me which is... really not what I'm going for, but I guess they think it looks nice on me (I'm not trying to look sweet and friendly). Their prices could be better, but I'm not really fussed on that.

It blends well, the pigmentation isn't too harsh and I love the nice muted colour of the naked rose on my pale skin, as it's just a nice hint of colour without making me look ruddy or overtly blushed up. It works really nicely with the shade 'Disobey', which I use to contour my cheeks.

Unfortunately I've worked out over the last few weeks that their powder blushers are what cause me to break out. I have somewhat oily skin, so this is really strange. The break outs never fully develop into pimples and zits, but I do have small red splotches that threaten to turn into them for a few days after I've used my makeup. Typically I only do my face once or twice a week when I go out, so I notice it clear up and return in the same pattern every time I've done my face for a night out.