Illamasqua Powder Blusher - Naked Rose

Illamasqua Powder Blusher - Naked Rose

4.4

on 6/23/2016 8:54:00 AM

Beautiful shade, perfect if you have red cheeks and don't want accent them, but only achive a healthy and fresh glow. Cute packaging also.

I had never used anything Illamasqua but was just browsing the counter one evening after work and the sales assistant asked if he could do my makeup - i think he was bored. Well he used this for my skin, saying the darker blushers I've been using can be a bit harsh on my very pale skin tone. Love this colour! It glides on like velvet and sits beautifully. Love it. Such a gorgeous colour and not overpowering.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i miss the days when illamasqua was actually available in the us. this is my favorite blush & i wear it all the time. the color is so natural & pretty & goes w/ so many looks bc it's fairly neutral. a great color for pale skin. i prefer matte blush most of the time & this is a great matte formula. it's not stiff or chalky, goes on really smooth & not patchy. no cons imo, just availability.

on 3/19/2016 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My HG blusher. Perfect nude rose blusher for every occasion, extremely pigmented, yet the colour is so delicate, that even people, who usually don't use blusher find themselves liking this a lot. I can only recommend this baby. And it you're new to Illamasqua blushers.... use a very light hand. When they say 'highly pigmented', they mean highly pigmented :D

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My Mac Blush All Day has nearly run out so o treated myself to this. The colour is practically the same, a muted, slightly brown-toned pink, but it's much more pigmented.

I adore it and will repurchase. It is the perfect colour for my skin, goes on well (although pigmented it's muted enough that it's hard to overload) lasts well and the packaging is nice.

Pricey but worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love illamasqua in theory. They have a great range, I love that they have a very diverse range of foundations and their staff have always been super friendly and helpful. They always do really light and friendly looks on me which is... really not what I'm going for, but I guess they think it looks nice on me (I'm not trying to look sweet and friendly). Their prices could be better, but I'm not really fussed on that.

It blends well, the pigmentation isn't too harsh and I love the nice muted colour of the naked rose on my pale skin, as it's just a nice hint of colour without making me look ruddy or overtly blushed up. It works really nicely with the shade 'Disobey', which I use to contour my cheeks.

Unfortunately I've worked out over the last few weeks that their powder blushers are what cause me to break out. I have somewhat oily skin, so this is really strange. The break outs never fully develop into pimples and zits, but I do have small red splotches that threaten to turn into them for a few days after I've used my makeup. Typically I only do my face once or twice a week when I go out, so I notice it clear up and return in the same pattern every time I've done my face for a night out.

on 5/17/2015 12:45:00 PM

I'm going to be honest and say, I depotted this (as its packaging is just so bulky I thought I'd pop it in my Z palette.) Now, my method for depotting was the wimp-out 'pour rubbing alcohol on it to loosen glue' so I do think I ruined it. It's not been the same since the alcohol went on it. It used to be super pigmented, now it's got a film on it and doesn't work at all. That's weird as all my MAC blushers are perfect after the same ordeal. But, even when this worked fine, I agree with another reviewer here: the colour was flat and had no depth. It was a lot like NARS Dolce Vita actually now that I think of it. I'm not a fan of that one either because it's too pigmented, and rather flat... Though NARS has way better i.e translucent quality to it, even in that one in fact. So I don't know, yes, maybe with a light hand it's great, but I think a blush should be luminous. Not necessarily shimmery, but with a satin finish at least. This had a very blocky, flat finish. I'm still sorry I ruined it, as it's now pretty much bin worthy. But I'm not as upset as if I'd ruined a Guerlain or Becca blusher. I wouldn't repurchase.
[edit: I mashed it up and now it works as it used to. It's a very beautiful colour, a true rosewood. But, it's powdery and the finish is not special at all, it ruins it for me. I'm spoilt by luxury formulations and for the price/quantity etc it just is not remotely in the same league, purely going by finish. It does last a long time though. A solid 3 lippies from me.]

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm so happy I finally purchased this after years of hesitation. This blush was often recommended to me when I would ask for something neutral-pink for my N12 skin. Naked Rose is the winner because it fits the description perfectly. It's extremely pigmented (and I mean extremely) so I have to make sure I have to use a very light hand when applying (I use a MAC 187). The color absolutely fits its name as being a soft/muted/neutral rosey pink, and it lasts all day. I used to only wear Smashbox Prism as my daily blush which is a very light and bright pink, so I was nervous to try something new. I'm so glad I did and found something I love.

on 3/30/2015 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate to be the negative voice amongst rave reviews, but this blush is so-so.

The color is a beautiful neutral beige pale pink and the blush is very pigmented. The reason why I'm not so crazy about it is that it feels much more like pure pigments than a sophisticated blush formula. It is very powdery a bit too matte (and I like matte blushes) and it sits very flat on the skin. It's also so hard to blend and it can appear very patchy. I really need to powder my skin well and use a very soft slightly fluffy brush in order to apply this properly.

Quite frankly, I will finish my blush but I will not buy other powder blushes from illamasqua again. If you are lookimg for great matte formula, Tarte is much easier to blend and does not look as flat. A good blush does not need that much work. It's too bad because the color is awesome.

on 12/2/2014 12:02:00 PM

I'm not normally a blush person, but since my skin has gotten better over the last year, I've kind of gotten into it.

I picked up Naked Rose since it was on sale at Hudson's Bay, and at first I was a little concerned it might not show up well on me (NC25/30). It's a very soft rosy beige in the pan, and in another brand's formula, I'd worry it would be a tad chalky. The blush is very soft and powdery so a brush picks up a lot (a bit scary!) but once applied, Naked Rose is a perfect, soft pink flush.

The main drawback is that the case is overly bulky: I like that the pan is very wide, but not the excessive height and kind of cheap plastic feel of the case. I appreciate the clear top to see the product, though. The snap closure could be a little smoother to use, as well. For a $26 blush, I'd like nicer packaging.

Hudson's Bay and Sephora seem to have clearanced/discontinued this brand in Canada; I don't know where'd repurchase it, but I definitely would!

Popular Blush Products