Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasilixane, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Passiflora Incarnate Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinsensis Flower/Leaf Extract, Mica, Echinacea Angustilfolia Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

on 3/30/2017 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I currently use This Works: In Transit Camera Close-Up primer. It does okay, but I am on the hunt for my "holy grail" of primers. This primer is not that. Upon initial application, the silicone formed little clumps. Weird, but whatever, maybe that's normal. I figured I would give it a week and experiment with different scenarios, application methods, blending methods, etc. I used it with in conjunction with moisturizer; with setting powder; without setting powder; with different types of foundation; applying the primer with a brush; applying the foundation with a proper brush; applying both with a beautyblender; foundation/primer brush and beautyblender; and a Real Techniques sponge. Tried dampening the sponges. None of these methods worked. I tried every possible way to make this work. My pores were still very prominent. While the primer itself felt greasy in my hands, it fortunately did not feel that way after applying it to my face. It did, however, make it extremely difficult to blend my foundation. It is like glue, which I guess isn't a bad thing, but you have to work quick with this primer or your foundation will be stuck in place. Even then, it still looked horrible and not "airbrushed" or smooth at all. Any attempt to blend my blush/contour/highlight while using this primer resulted in the makeup being wiped away completely. My foundation did look slightly better after applying Sephora's Translucent Setting Powder; but not good enough for me. Please keep in mind that everyone's skin is different, so what may or may not work for me, might work for you!

on 1/23/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Unfortunately, this primer made my face look dry. I love the mattifying effect, but it didn't do much for me. I think this would work well for people with oily skin. I have combination skin.

This is the worst primer ever! The silicone rubs and slips off, it doesn't make my makeup adhere. For the price, I expected my pores to be covered for a flawless finish but it did nothing, what a waste of money. The professional was way better for filling pores but made my face oily in 2 hours. I will be going back to my Face of Australia 3 in 1 primer. I don't know how it can be holy grail status.

I have combination skin and it tends to be oily especially since my country has humid weather. This works well as a base for my foundation however since it's so humid here, which means sweating is inevitable, it doesn't last 12hrs. Probably 6 hours on a good day? I guess that's not really its fault tho. Overall I love the feel it gives which is velvety smooth however the ingredients does say silica base which usually I'd disagree with but I guess this was an exception

on 6/30/2016 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily, acne-prone skin with large pores on my cheeks and nose. After trying out Maybelline's baby skin and Benefit's the porefessional (in which both failed miserably at concealing my pores) I got a sample of this and decided to give it a shot.

I had reasonably high expectations for this product, especially as it is an expensive brand, but I wasn't going to be surprised if it didn't work either. I mean, if the porefessional - which everybody raves about - didn't work, I don't know what would.

It is transparent and quite thick, and a little goes a long way with this product. It blends easily into the skin and you do not feel the weight of it, which I love. It also doesn't feel greasy and it didn't break me out.

As of regards to actual pore concealing, I must say it did. Not fully, but it did quite a good job. I'd say this is "one of the better primers" as the say. The pores on my cheeks nearly disappeared but it didn't do that much for the blackheads on my nose. I have not used a primer that has topped this.

With longevity, the longest I have had it on my face was roughly 12 hours, and it lasted very well. Didn't budge. Like I had just applied it - this is a huge plus in my opinion, if you're looking for a primer with a lot of wear time.

I gave it four stars because it is certainly not affordable and it's not quite a miracle product. However, it did do what many other primers failed to do: actually reduce the appearance of pores. For me personally, though, if I'm going to buy a product for that price then it's got to be something holy grail or quite close to that. If money isn't an issue for you then I would recommend you give it a try.

on 6/13/2016 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just an okay primer. The Tarte Timeless Blurring Primer works a lot better for my combo, acne prone skin. This is a decent base and last way longer than most because a little goes a long way, but it definitely will cause certain foundations to separate.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This primer gives my foundation the worst base, and makes the texture of my makeup look awful! It's very drying (I have normal-dry skin) and makes spreading foundation very difficult. During the day, I notice none of my makeup sets at all, and just swims around my face-- only since using this primer! Worse, the products don't even blend into each other; I can see where the powder has swam around and glided over the foundation. I'm really disappointed in this primer- it didn't work at all with my skin or my products. Hopefully it works well with others' :) It gets 2/5 stars because at least it didn't break out my very sensitive and acne-prone skin!

I have combination skin - oily t zone and dry cheeks. My problem is that my oily t zone will shine almost almost within 1-2 hrs of applying my makeup. This product is amazing! The shine on my t zone still peeked out after say 4 hours of wear but it doesn't look like the oil slick it used to look. Just a touch shiny, that's all. Once I touch up lightly with my MAC blotting powder, the makeup looks fresh as ever. Even the pores on my cheeks look visibly minimized. Definitely a staple in makeup kit!

on 3/5/2016 10:53:00 PM

This is the first primer I have ever used. From what I understand primers are supposed to do for you and what qualities they should have- this fits the bill. It is a gel-like consistency and glides onto your skin quite easily. I apply it after cleansing and moisturizing. I have noticed that it balls up a little when initially putting it on, not sure if it's due to the type of face lotion i'm using and it's a compatibility issue or if that's typical of some primers. Still, the balls wipe off easy and the product can still be smoothed over my face. Does a good job of blurring my large pores on my cheeks and makes my skin look more even and mattified with just the primer alone. I have always used mineral powder foundation/concealer/powder (Bare Minerals) and my foundation now applies better than I ever knew it could. My make up literally looks flawless since using this primer and pores more minimized. However, my dry winter skin got in the way and I've started using Tarte's BB tinted moisturizer instead of my powder foundation. This BB cream also goes on quite well over the primer and together my skin looks even better than with the powder foundation. I have oily/acne-prone/combo skin and I don't feel or look like a greasy mess with this primer (not more than I usually do halfway through the day, in which case I blot and freshen with powder). Also have not had any increase in break outs so I don't think that is an issue. My make up lasts all day and wears better with the primer on. Now, I cannot review on whether this primer would work just as well with heavier liquid foundations and 20 additional layers of make up, but for more natural/basic make up looks with a BB or powder foundation this seems to perform quite well (I only use the BB/powder foundation, concealer, setting powder, bronzer, and blush). It is pricey for the tiny bottle, but you don't need to use a lot of product so I think it will last a long time.

on 3/4/2016 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've always been curious about Tarte products ever since Sephora brought it into my country. But it took me a long time to decide about trying out their primers because one, it's not cheap and two, for a cosmetic brand that is purportedly natural, quite a lot of the ingredients used in their primers aren't. It even has dimethicone in it! Still, I decided to give it a try.

I bought this about 2 weeks ago and spot-apply it, namely the areas where my pores are visible - the tip of my nose, the small areas between my nose and cheeks, my Cupid's bow, chin, and above my brows. I also apply it across my forehead and neck where I have fine lines and under my eyes to help with my concealer application.

It works, I must say right off. It minimise my pores and lines, keep the oily parts of my face matt and keep my mineral powder foundation in place. Applying my mineral powder foundation over this does take a little skill and time or it will cake later during the day. I find using my RT buffing brush to buff in my mineral foundation, one thin layer at a time, works best.

I haven't had an acne breakout, which is suprising since that had always happened in the past whenever I used primers, so I guess it's not as chemical-y as other commercial primers.

After removing it, my skin didn't become super oily like what it did when I had tried the Porefessional and my blackheads didn't come back with a vengeance, so that's another plus.

I do find it a little pricey. But if this one single tube can last me 6 mths, I guess it would be a good deal.