Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12 hr Perfecting Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasilixane, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Passiflora Incarnate Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hibiscus Rosa-Sinsensis Flower/Leaf Extract, Mica, Echinacea Angustilfolia Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

I was (and still am) looking for my HG primer when I came across this primer. I did have my doubt because this is a silicone-based primer and my experience with them so far hasn't really blown me away.

I have to say that this primer works way better than the other silicone-based primer I've tried. It helped my base to stay longer and it also takes longer until my t-zone got oily. It also minimizes the appearance of pores.

However, I found that this primer doesn't work with all foundations I have. It works well with my IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream.

It's a really nice product and until I find my HG primer, I wouldn't mind repurchasing this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE this primer! It's the only one I've used for years, and I've repurchased it countless times. I truly find that it makes a difference to the appearance and wear time of my foundation. It smooths out pores and leaves a nice canvas for foundation (I use Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation, but I also use this with just BB cream and it really extends the wear time).
It's a little pricey, but since it doesn't break out my ultra-sensitive skin I'm willing to pay for it!

on 1/23/2017 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Unfortunately, this primer made my face look dry. I love the mattifying effect, but it didn't do much for me. I think this would work well for people with oily skin. I have combination skin.

This is the worst primer ever! The silicone rubs and slips off, it doesn't make my makeup adhere. For the price, I expected my pores to be covered for a flawless finish but it did nothing, what a waste of money. The professional was way better for filling pores but made my face oily in 2 hours. I will be going back to my Face of Australia 3 in 1 primer. I don't know how it can be holy grail status.

I have combination skin and it tends to be oily especially since my country has humid weather. This works well as a base for my foundation however since it's so humid here, which means sweating is inevitable, it doesn't last 12hrs. Probably 6 hours on a good day? I guess that's not really its fault tho. Overall I love the feel it gives which is velvety smooth however the ingredients does say silica base which usually I'd disagree with but I guess this was an exception

on 3/30/2017 11:14:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I currently use This Works: In Transit Camera Close-Up primer. It does okay, but I am on the hunt for my "holy grail" of primers. This primer is not that. Upon initial application, the silicone formed little clumps. Weird, but whatever, maybe that's normal. I figured I would give it a week and experiment with different scenarios, application methods, blending methods, etc. I used it with in conjunction with moisturizer; with setting powder; without setting powder; with different types of foundation; applying the primer with a brush; applying the foundation with a proper brush; applying both with a beautyblender; foundation/primer brush and beautyblender; and a Real Techniques sponge. Tried dampening the sponges. None of these methods worked. I tried every possible way to make this work. My pores were still very prominent. While the primer itself felt greasy in my hands, it fortunately did not feel that way after applying it to my face. It did, however, make it extremely difficult to blend my foundation. It is like glue, which I guess isn't a bad thing, but you have to work quick with this primer or your foundation will be stuck in place. Even then, it still looked horrible and not "airbrushed" or smooth at all. Any attempt to blend my blush/contour/highlight while using this primer resulted in the makeup being wiped away completely. My foundation did look slightly better after applying Sephora's Translucent Setting Powder; but not good enough for me. Please keep in mind that everyone's skin is different, so what may or may not work for me, might work for you!

I have combination skin - oily t zone and dry cheeks. My problem is that my oily t zone will shine almost almost within 1-2 hrs of applying my makeup. This product is amazing! The shine on my t zone still peeked out after say 4 hours of wear but it doesn't look like the oil slick it used to look. Just a touch shiny, that's all. Once I touch up lightly with my MAC blotting powder, the makeup looks fresh as ever. Even the pores on my cheeks look visibly minimized. Definitely a staple in makeup kit!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This primer gives my foundation the worst base, and makes the texture of my makeup look awful! It's very drying (I have normal-dry skin) and makes spreading foundation very difficult. During the day, I notice none of my makeup sets at all, and just swims around my face-- only since using this primer! Worse, the products don't even blend into each other; I can see where the powder has swam around and glided over the foundation. I'm really disappointed in this primer- it didn't work at all with my skin or my products. Hopefully it works well with others' :) It gets 2/5 stars because at least it didn't break out my very sensitive and acne-prone skin!

on 6/13/2016 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is just an okay primer. The Tarte Timeless Blurring Primer works a lot better for my combo, acne prone skin. This is a decent base and last way longer than most because a little goes a long way, but it definitely will cause certain foundations to separate.

on 6/30/2016 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have oily, acne-prone skin with large pores on my cheeks and nose. After trying out Maybelline's baby skin and Benefit's the porefessional (in which both failed miserably at concealing my pores) I got a sample of this and decided to give it a shot.

I had reasonably high expectations for this product, especially as it is an expensive brand, but I wasn't going to be surprised if it didn't work either. I mean, if the porefessional - which everybody raves about - didn't work, I don't know what would.

It is transparent and quite thick, and a little goes a long way with this product. It blends easily into the skin and you do not feel the weight of it, which I love. It also doesn't feel greasy and it didn't break me out.

As of regards to actual pore concealing, I must say it did. Not fully, but it did quite a good job. I'd say this is "one of the better primers" as the say. The pores on my cheeks nearly disappeared but it didn't do that much for the blackheads on my nose. I have not used a primer that has topped this.

With longevity, the longest I have had it on my face was roughly 12 hours, and it lasted very well. Didn't budge. Like I had just applied it - this is a huge plus in my opinion, if you're looking for a primer with a lot of wear time.

I gave it four stars because it is certainly not affordable and it's not quite a miracle product. However, it did do what many other primers failed to do: actually reduce the appearance of pores. For me personally, though, if I'm going to buy a product for that price then it's got to be something holy grail or quite close to that. If money isn't an issue for you then I would recommend you give it a try.