NYX Professional Makeup Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
NYX Professional Makeup Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)
Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)

4.1

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this lip liner. I've been using it for years and figured I should finally write a review. I use the shade #10 Nude, and it is the perfect pinky nude. It's not too dark, too brown, too light, or too pink. It is that perfect "my lips, but better" shade. I use it to add definition and a fuller look to my already pretty full lips. My lips are naturally more red than I would like, and this color tones down the redness perfectly. Whether I am pale or tan, this shade works awesome. The formula is a tiny bit drying, but what good, long-lasting lip pencil isn't? I've used a lot of high end brands, and for me personally, nothing holds a handle to this product. I use my burts bees lip balm underneath, line my lips with this, and fill them in a bit with this same pencil. Sometimes I'll use a little Mac lipstick in "Hue" on top, but I don't find it makes much of a difference. It's my everyday go to and works with all makeup looks :) and the price! you can't go wrong with this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love having a retractable lip liner to carry in my purse so I purchased shade (10) Nude. This is a neutral shade with a pink undertone, works well with many of my lipsticks. The pigment is strong, the formula is a little creamier than MAC lip liners and glide relatively easily across the lips. I like that it is not so creamy that it bleeds out, rather it is just waxy enough to keep lipstick in place. There are about a dozen shades to choose from, enough options that it was easy enough to find a few flattering colors for my skin tone and color preference. I'd recommend you give them a try if you are looking for a convenient liner that doesn't require sharpening.

on 12/17/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this liner last night at CVS in Vanilla Sky, because I was looking for a perfect dark medium nude liner. I've been having a little trouble with my tinted balms and lipstick feathering on my top lip. This product works great in that aspect, also is moisturizing and has good staying power. However, it's not the same shade as the outside of the pen appears. It goes on that perfect brownish nude color, then when the light hits it, it's a much lighter, almost reflective shade. Reminds me of the silver stuff bike riders wear to reflect headlights on cars. I was really disappointed cause I wear flat colored balms and lipsticks, mostly without shimmer. And this is two toned. Reflective. If you wear nude shimmery lipstick it'll work. But not for me. A different shade would be great, but they're sealed and I don't trust the color of the packaging. My next try will be Rimmel Exxagerate, cause I like the slanted tip and you can open the lid to check the shade.

on 8/1/2015 12:32:00 PM

I have the retractable liner in the shade "nude pink". The color is a deep pink leaning on the side of berry... not exactly nude. However, it is still a fabulous color. It's creamy, highly pigmented, and from my experience with it, causes no feathering. Truly the only downside is the FLECKS OF GLITTER put throughout the entire thing. I know it doesn't claim to be matte, but seriously? Glitter?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this product in Black, it goes on with a creamy consistency, and for a matte lipliner my lips are surprisingly not dry at the end of the day (that may also be due to the fact that it's black, I haven't tried the other colours yet). It doesn't smudge, and it lasts a long time, even after eating.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love these! Smooth and easy application with deep pigmentation! The price is just right as well. However, they don't last long, but I have yet to find a lipliner that stays longer than lipstick.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I chose the shade Plum because it's one of the only purple based plums with a drugstore price. I matched it with Wet n Wild Sugar Plum Fairy and MAC Rebel. The color goes on nicely and it's waterproof/long lasting. I've only tried the regular NYX lip liners, and those seem a lot more dry, but not as long lasting for me.