NYX Professional Makeup Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)

NYX Professional Makeup Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)
Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)Retractable Lip Liner (all shades)

3.9

on 5/21/2018 1:12:00 PM

I have this lip liner in two shades - Nude and Sand Beige. I much prefer automatic lip liners to the regular pencils that have to be sharpened all the time. I have been happy with the application and wear of these lip liners.

The shade Nude has been a close match to my lip color. I have used it all over my lips with lip balm on a "no makeup" makeup day. It has also coordinated well with the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Abu Dhabi to define the edges after application.

The shade Sand Beige has been a lucky find for me. It is very close to the discontinued Jordana Easyliner in Honey Dip that was my long time favorite. I had an almost fully used up Honey Dip liner that I was able to dig a little bit out of and when swatched it was so close. Honey Dip was maybe a tiny bit more warm brown but NYX Sand Beige is a great replacement.

on 2/7/2018 2:03:00 AM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this recently, and I wondered why I hadn't purchased this before considering the low price and the wide color range. After I used it, then I remembered. These are terrible.

The most recent purchase was in Jewel, a mid-toned, slightly shimmery burgundy which is really pretty and versatile. The tip broke off in the first use, but I didn't think much of it, but by the third breakage and the fifth use, I was fed up (and replaced them with Sephora brand liners which are about the same price and much better quality). I found it to be a bit draggy and skipped unless it was over a balm, but not pigmented enough to use over a gloss or lipstick. By the second use, I remembered my previous purchase, and why it had been years. I rated it as expensive because I broke off much more product than I used, so it was a terrible value.
Won't repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I should start this off by saying that I absolutely adore NYX. They are killing the drugstore makeup game. But sadly I just don't like this lip liner. I bought it in the shade Dark Red to wear with my NYX Snow White lippie. It's a lovely color, and it really stops lipstick from bleeding or feathering. However (and this is the deal breaker for me) unless I over-balm my lips, this product drags across my lips terribly! And it breaks, even though I don't use a lot of pressure when applying it. I just bought it about a month ago, and have only used it about 5 times, yet I'm almost down to the end of it because it keeps breaking off. I find that unacceptable! I will stick to NYX's slim lip pencils, as I'm never dissatisfied with them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Pros

Great range of shades
Inexpensive
Cruelty-free
Smooth application
Applies well over lip balm

Cons

I don't find it to be particularly water resistant so it is prone to fading,

on 1/22/2017 6:04:00 PM

My current HG lip liner and that says a lot because I am picky, picky, picky with makeup. Stays ALL DAY! through my eating, talking and drinking, it's still there. I love it! I use the Nude Pink colour for my every day look just to give my pale lips a nice natural shade.

It is a bit dry so it tugs on your lips if you don't hold you lips taut, but I usually do so I can't complain too much here. Otherwise it applies smoothly.

on 9/2/2016 2:29:00 PM

Love

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG liner! Never thought that would exist. Long wearing and budgeproof, stayed through a meal. Wears well throughout the day, doesn't flake. I love self sharpening liners, which is a bonus. Tons of shades and dirt cheap, can't picture myself buying other lines anymore!

on 7/30/2016 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, this lip liner lasts for ages and is highly pigmented. These are two qualities I need in a lip liner, since I like to overdraw. The one downside I can find is that they can be a little hard to blend out, depending on which color you're working with, but that's okay. New HG!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this lip liner. I've been using it for years and figured I should finally write a review. I use the shade #10 Nude, and it is the perfect pinky nude. It's not too dark, too brown, too light, or too pink. It is that perfect "my lips, but better" shade. I use it to add definition and a fuller look to my already pretty full lips. My lips are naturally more red than I would like, and this color tones down the redness perfectly. Whether I am pale or tan, this shade works awesome. The formula is a tiny bit drying, but what good, long-lasting lip pencil isn't? I've used a lot of high end brands, and for me personally, nothing holds a handle to this product. I use my burts bees lip balm underneath, line my lips with this, and fill them in a bit with this same pencil. Sometimes I'll use a little Mac lipstick in "Hue" on top, but I don't find it makes much of a difference. It's my everyday go to and works with all makeup looks :) and the price! you can't go wrong with this.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love having a retractable lip liner to carry in my purse so I purchased shade (10) Nude. This is a neutral shade with a pink undertone, works well with many of my lipsticks. The pigment is strong, the formula is a little creamier than MAC lip liners and glide relatively easily across the lips. I like that it is not so creamy that it bleeds out, rather it is just waxy enough to keep lipstick in place. There are about a dozen shades to choose from, enough options that it was easy enough to find a few flattering colors for my skin tone and color preference. I'd recommend you give them a try if you are looking for a convenient liner that doesn't require sharpening.