Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shea Butter Soap with Songyi Mushroom

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shea Butter Soap with Songyi Mushroom

3.9

on 1/18/2017 12:40:00 AM

Between the scrub, soap, and lotion, I think I liked the soap the best. The scent is pleasant but does not linger. It is weakest in the soap than in the other two products. It did not dry out my skin. The lather is pretty creamy. I didn't notice any kind of brightening or toning but I am always skeptical of soaps or shower gels that promise dramatic results like that. It is a better value than the scrub or lotion because it lasts a pretty long time. Won't buy this again.

on 10/13/2016 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is the first shea moisture product ive used & i can't wait to try the others. I like the soap, I really do but I bought it as a toner and it doesnt quite fufill that purpose. I've been using it for a couple months now. While it does leave my skin feeling refresed I see no "brightening" and "toning." I enjoy the smell and the fact its all-natural though.

on 1/27/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Lathers up well and does not strip the skin. Pricier than most DS soap bars but it is also larger. I sliced my bar in half and felt that the product lasted longer this way. Scent-wise, there is a pleasant but not overpowering fragrance of coconut. I have been using this soap bar twice a day for several months. Moisturizing qualities aside, I have not noticed any "brightening" or "evening of discolorations", so I can't attest to those claims made by the brand.

Compared to Alaffia, Pre de Provence, and Trader Joe's lavender soap bar, I felt that this soap bar was the most moisturizing and it is one of my favorites for winter.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

I love this soap. It has a nice light scent and moisturizes the skin really well leaving it really soft. My skin also feels very clean. It lasts a long time.

I recently bought four different SheaMoisture bar soaps during their buy one get one free sale at Walgreens and this was one of them. I have only used it about three times and I really like it. I usually use the green tea and olive soap from Shea moisture. While I still love that soap I am liking this new coconut one too. The larger is so creamy and it is very moisturizing. It does not smell like the other coconut & hibiscus products. This soap has a very light vanilla scent with a hint of a play dough smell. The scent does not linger on the skin so the play dough part doesn't bother me. I will update once I have been using a while on the toning and brightening effects.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this soap and have been purchasing it for about a year now. The ingredients are gentle enough not to strip the skin of moisture and the scent is light and pleasant. I am sensitive to most average soaps and body wash products and I love that this soap does not cause any irritation to my skin.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Thus far I am the minority here in that I absolutely love this bar soap! I am convinced that going through only one bar of it has helped with my upper shoulder and back acne, for one, and has really made my skin smooth and moisturized. I am a total fan.

on 6/4/2014 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I like it, no complaints. I lather up with soap, then add some sugar to exfoliate. I'm trying out the other Shea Moisture soap bars but so far the coconut hibiscus soap is my fave. I had less breakouts for some reason when I started using this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE iT! Best Soap Ever! Smells great. Amazing rich lather I may give up my shave gel. I feel squeaky clean. Lasts a long time. No questionable ingredients.

on 12/6/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I like this soap! It looks like soft vanilla fudge and is actually soft enough that I can slice it with a knife. There are dark bits of mushroom in it, which does not look at all appealing, especially as I dislike mushrooms. It produces a rich lather and the scent is absolutely divine. Feels squeaky clean after a shower and I look forward to multiple showers a day, because of this soap, lol! I use it on the face and it has cleared up my face and back acne and made the skin smooth. The scent persists after the shower and smells like vanilla, coconut and floral.
Be careful to not keep the soap in an open dish. It chips and dissolves very easily. The bar is huge but I don't think it would last for more than a month at the rate I am using it!

3.5/5 because if I use this soap several days consecutively, it causes few breakouts or buildup, making the skin look dull.