L'Oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil

L'Oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil
L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/ Matricaria Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera Oil/ Coconut Oil, Nelumbium Speciosum Extract/ Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Linalool, Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Parfum/ Fragrance

on 9/26/2018 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This smells amazing. It's easy to use and gentle on the wallet. Got it at SDM. I used it only on dry hair after flat-ironing. Did nothing for my thick, coarse hair. I need something to smooth down my ends. Didn't matter how many pumps I used my hair still looked rough after an hour or two. Won't finish the product and definitely will not repurchase

Amazing oil. I have been using Moroccon oil for years but ran out and purchased this loreal elvive oil as was in boots and needed an oil and thought I'd try this because price etc. Best thing I could've done. I add two small drops to the ends and mid hair before drying and straightening hair and my hair shines like glass and looks so smooth and feels so soft. I add another drop or so if needed the next day before straightening for added heat protection. Doesn't make hair greasy at all. Will defo buy again.

on 8/6/2018 4:20:00 AM

I always a fan of loreal kerastase, and have been using moroccan oil ( love their smell)

I just went to a drug store and tried on on my split ends.

And my hair feel so smooth! The down side is I don’t like the smell. Defiantly doesn’t smell like high end product.

I would say they are much better than moroccan oil.

I brought a bottle without a doubt. Now is save me a lot of money.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Only recently have I decided to try several of L'Oreal's hair care products - this one being the first. I used it for approximately 2 weeks. I don't have fine hair, my hair is slightly course and reasonably thick. I used Extraordinary Oil in 2 ways. First week as a pre-soak before washing my hair, leaving it in for about 30 minutes. On the 2nd week I applied to the lengths/ends after washing my hair to give it condition.
Verdict: it did give me shine and softness but it didn't amount to anything huge. I would still find my hair pretty much zapped of all moisture by the end of the day so it wasn't giving it the degree of protection I'd hoped for.

I think this is one of those that will work differently on different hair types/textures. You'll either love it or hate it. For the price however it isn't going to cost much at all, compared to similar products out there by other brands it's actually very good value imo.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 6/26/2018 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This products works pretty well. I have very thick hair that always get tangled easily.
After i wash my hair i just apply the oil and once my hair dries, it feels so soft and smooth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very fine, straight and shiny hair naturally. It was so fine that my hair routine only consisted on shampoo and dry shampoo.
And then i decided to bleach everything and it was time to invest in some products. I got the version for coloured hair because all of my friends use it? and it felt light and smelt good.
I use this all the time whenever my damaged hair feels dry, and copious amounts after washing and blow drying it. along with tons of masks and conditioner, my hair feels like its post-bleach state some times, which is nice.
the oil smooths everything down and gives it a nice shine. however, i would never consider it to be a treatment as its effects are not permanent.
the packaging is okay, i like the glass bottle a lot but the pump is meh, and the pump lock is basically useless.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This serum is terrible. The only thing it has going for it is the lack of fragrance (even though fragrance is listed in the ingredients, I smell nothing). Other than that, this is a thick goopy almost gel-like serum that does nothing for my fine hair. It doesn’t even weigh it down...it just does nothing. No frizz control, no shine, just nothing. Spend your money on anything else.

I visited my mom where tap water is as hard as a rock- after a few washes my hair got dry, dull and frizzy (I was breaking out on my face pretty badly too, eh). I wanted a product I could use on wet hair, before blow drying, and that would soften them. This product, combined with rinsing my hair with bottled water at the end of washing, restored their previous (already pretty good) condition.

I don't use it on dry hair because of their structure- straight, fine, flat, they don't tolerate large amounts of product. But as a leave-in conditioner, it this oil works wonderfully. Makes brushing wet hair a lot easier. Smells lovely, a pump or two is more than enough for one use. One bottle will last me for very long. I don't use it too often because I don't want to add too much weight to my hair, especially now when I'm back home (where water is a lot softer) and I don't necessarily need high maintenance conditioner.

Btw: I live in EU, but ingredients list of my product is same as product's on this page, so I decided to write a review here. :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair type: Coarse frizzy/wavy hair (bought the oil for all hair types)
Method of application:
1. After shower, wait for hair to be 80% dry before applying oil on hair ends
OR
2. Applying to ends of fully dried hair whenever my hair feels like it's lacking moisture

First Impression:
Initially, I was quite in love with the product. It absorbed fast and my hair felt soft and quite shiny without leaving any greasy feeling. Also, the smell was great.

After:
Halfway through the bottle, I realised my hair started falling like crazy but I blamed this problem on exam stress. When I ran out of the oil, I took a 2 week break to hunt for the oil. During that time, I realised my hair stopped dropping as much although I had a higher level of stress and a healthier diet.

However, I did check with my sister about it since she shared the oil with me. She felt that she didn't really have a problem like mine and the oil seemed to work on her hair quite well. (BTW she has much finer and straighter hair compared to mine)

Verdict: For hair types like mine, please proceed with caution. For my sis's hair type, maybe it will work better for you. :)

on 6/23/2017 4:54:00 AM

Does exactly what its meant to- makes my hair softer and more manageable for the 2-3 days until I wash it again.
It does make a massive difference and is one of the few products I use that hasn't been disappointing and actually does what its supposed to do!