3.7

price range

Reviews

from

a year ago

I have frizzy thick hair. This gives them shine and elasticity and makes them very very soft. Doesnt do anything for the frizzyness though and doesnt "tame" the hair

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Amazing oil. I have been using Moroccon oil for years but ran out and purchased this loreal elvive oil as was in boots and needed an oil and thought I'd try this because price etc. Best thing I could've done. I add two small drops to the ends and mid hair before drying and straightening hair and my hair shines like glass and looks so smooth and feels so soft. I add another drop or so if needed the next day before straightening for added heat protection. Doesn't make hair greasy at all. Will defo buy again.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

from

2 years ago

I always a fan of loreal kerastase, and have been using moroccan oil ( love their smell) I just went to a drug store and tried on on my split ends. And my hair feel so smooth! The down side is I don’t like the smell. Defiantly doesn’t smell like high end product. I would say they are much better than moroccan oil. I brought a bottle without a doubt. Now is save me a lot of money.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrown

3.0

2 years ago

Only recently have I decided to try several of L'Oreal's hair care products - this one being the first. I used it for approximately 2 weeks. I don't have fine hair, my hair is slightly course and reasonably thick. I used Extraordinary Oil in 2 ways. First week as a pre-soak before washing my hair, leaving it in for about 30 minutes. On the 2nd week I applied to the lengths/ends after washing my hair to give it condition. Verdict: it did give me shine and softness but it didn't amount to anything huge. I would still find my hair pretty much zapped of all moisture by the end of the day so it wasn't giving it the degree of protection I'd hoped for. I think this is one of those that will work differently on different hair types/textures. You'll either love it or hate it. For the price however it isn't going to cost much at all, compared to similar products out there by other brands it's actually very good value imo. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

This products works pretty well. I have very thick hair that always get tangled easily. After i wash my hair i just apply the oil and once my hair dries, it feels so soft and smooth.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

I have very fine, straight and shiny hair naturally. It was so fine that my hair routine only consisted on shampoo and dry shampoo. And then i decided to bleach everything and it was time to invest in some products. I got the version for coloured hair because all of my friends use it? and it felt light and smelt good. I use this all the time whenever my damaged hair feels dry, and copious amounts after washing and blow drying it. along with tons of masks and conditioner, my hair feels like its post-bleach state some times, which is nice. the oil smooths everything down and gives it a nice shine. however, i would never consider it to be a treatment as its effects are not permanent. the packaging is okay, i like the glass bottle a lot but the pump is meh, and the pump lock is basically useless.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I visited my mom where tap water is as hard as a rock- after a few washes my hair got dry, dull and frizzy (I was breaking out on my face pretty badly too, eh). I wanted a product I could use on wet hair, before blow drying, and that would soften them. This product, combined with rinsing my hair with bottled water at the end of washing, restored their previous (already pretty good) condition. I don't use it on dry hair because of their structure- straight, fine, flat, they don't tolerate large amounts of product. But as a leave-in conditioner, it this oil works wonderfully. Makes brushing wet hair a lot easier. Smells lovely, a pump or two is more than enough for one use. One bottle will last me for very long. I don't use it too often because I don't want to add too much weight to my hair, especially now when I'm back home (where water is a lot softer) and I don't necessarily need high maintenance conditioner. Btw: I live in EU, but ingredients list of my product is same as product's on this page, so I decided to write a review here. :)

About reviewer (243 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

3 years ago

Hair type: Coarse frizzy/wavy hair (bought the oil for all hair types) Method of application: 1. After shower, wait for hair to be 80% dry before applying oil on hair ends OR 2. Applying to ends of fully dried hair whenever my hair feels like it's lacking moisture First Impression: Initially, I was quite in love with the product. It absorbed fast and my hair felt soft and quite shiny without leaving any greasy feeling. Also, the smell was great. After: Halfway through the bottle, I realised my hair started falling like crazy but I blamed this problem on exam stress. When I ran out of the oil, I took a 2 week break to hunt for the oil. During that time, I realised my hair stopped dropping as much although I had a higher level of stress and a healthier diet. However, I did check with my sister about it since she shared the oil with me. She felt that she didn't really have a problem like mine and the oil seemed to work on her hair quite well. (BTW she has much finer and straighter hair compared to mine) Verdict: For hair types like mine, please proceed with caution. For my sis's hair type, maybe it will work better for you. :)

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Medium

EyesBlack

3 years ago

Does exactly what its meant to- makes my hair softer and more manageable for the 2-3 days until I wash it again. It does make a massive difference and is one of the few products I use that hasn't been disappointing and actually does what its supposed to do!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesGreen

1.0

3 years ago

I used to love this oil and it was the only thing that gave my hair shine without giving it that greasy look, now, a year or two later, my hair is complitely matte after using this and if I put more of it, it just looks like I haven't washed my hair. Smell is the only thing that stayed the same.. I still like it, but will not be buying it again

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair