L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil

L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Chamomilla Recutita Extract/ Matricaria Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera Oil/ Coconut Oil, Nelumbium Speciosum Extract/ Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Cinnamal, Linalool, Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Bisabolol, Glycine Soja Oil/Soybean Oil, Parfum/ Fragrance

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's very simple: I cannot live without this product. Granted, that's an exaggeration but I'm on my...20th bottle? No joke. I've been using it for forever and it has never let me down. I just simply can't do my hair without it. It makes hair manageable, SO good for frizz, it nourishes the hair...it smells amazing too! The one for coloured hair isn't as good. I think it has alcohol in it which I find dries the hair. If you're going to pick this up, get the gold top one. If you have hair like me, it will change your life.

on 6/22/2016 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite hair oil. It makes my hair so smooth, shiny and healthy-looking and it smells AMAZING! I personally apply it after washing my hair when it's towel-dry.

To Read all 109 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I find this works better as a treatment than a serum or after-wash using. Although every way it's used it softens my hair. This lasts a while as it is quite thick and you do not need much even when used as a treatment. I usually use the glass bottle after I run out of this product to make my own oil mixes. Does help to tame hair from puffiness but does not eliminate frizz, at least for my extremely curly and frizzy hair.

It's hydrating and smoothing to the hair. Non-greasy, doesn't clump the hair together or make it look extra shining which is wonderful for me living in a tropical climate. Nice packaging as well.
Got a regular size, and a travel size to provide nourishment whenever my hair tangles or dries when I'm outdoor.
Wonderful product. Unfortunately travel size doesn't come with plump so it can get abit messy.

on 5/1/2016 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This oil is decent, provides instant shine and tames flyaways, and the silicones provide a decent bit of slip. It won't be a permanent solution for nourishing your hair, but for the price-point, you really could do a lot worse! In my opinion, anything that doesn't make my hair worse over time is a win. I use it on damp hair, before applying heat protectant to blow-dry or heat style. Leaves my hair silky and smelling faintly flowery, which I quite like.

/rant

As an aside, I am constantly astounded at the misinformation spread by women who know absolutely nothing about cosmetic ingredients and how they affect your hair. Specifically, the myriad females complaining that 'this contains alcohol, and alcohol is drying/bad for hair'. Educate yourself on fatty alcohols and their benefits in hair products, please.
The same goes for silicones - if you have suuuuper chemically-damaged or overprocessed hair, those silicones are providing temporarily slip for your ravaged hair shaft. Using a 'natural' product that doesn't coat the shaft sufficiently will result in even further mechanical damage!

/end rant

on 4/24/2016 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Before I went cruelty-free, I bought this a couple of times and was very pleased.
Leaves your hair moisturized and defined, great for dry and unmanagable hair. The smell is nice, too.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have oily thick hair, so about 10 drops of this after j shower so that my hair will remain smooth. My hair doesn't get greasy from the oil and does stay smooth and soft w minimal tangles but one thing I hate is the smell. Kinda has smells like ass ??? However the smell doesn't last long so I don't mind it as much. Would buy again as it's super cheap compared to other hair oil which leave my hair super greasy

on 4/23/2016 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really liked this hair oil, it tamed my flyaways and made my hair feel very silky and soft but i cant use it anymore since it gave me dandruff and an itchy scalp from the first use. Probably down to the alcohol content in it.

I really like the immediate effect this has on my hair. One pump is enough to smooth down the fluffy ends and give it shine. Be aware though that it contains alcohol so it could be drying with longterm use. Also, the bottle is beautiful and looks very 'salon'.

on 3/7/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product - cheaper than Argan Oil (loaded with cones - but Ok, whatever) and inexpensive. I get the kid for "All Hair Types" and use very little as I have dry, fine hair. Imparts great shine and eliminates diffuse cuticle.

It can build up so be careful and don't use too much or you will look greasy.

Popular Hair Treatments