Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation Spf 15

2.9

Octinoxate (2.9%), Titanium Dioxide (1.6%) Other: Water, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavendar), Glyceryl Oleate, Lecithin, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Alumina, Stearic Acid, Citric Acid, Talc, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]

on 7/24/2016 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this for about a year or so now, and am now on the hunt for another foundation. Reasons for this being, I'm looking for a foundation that is longer wearing and doesn't transfer too much. Neither of which the Bobbi Brown do for me, hence the lower rating.

By the end of my 8 hour work day, the foundation has mostly worn off - mostly onto my (white) keyboard and clothes around my neck and face (scarves/hats).

I am still using this foundation, only because it's the closest colour match for my dark yellow toned skin in all of the foundations I've tried. That said, I have to mix warm honey and golden to get a colour match, and it still is not quite right (looks orangey in some light). I'm about NC44-45 Mac.

The price of this foundation is around $90 NZD which is ridiculous, when it doesn't even last all day, and transfers so much and hence why I'm looking for an alternative now. Although I can get decent colour match in this foundation, for the price I expect better performance in other areas which it doesn't do.

It purchased this 4 days ago and wore it everyday, but returned it today for a full refund. I have sensitive combo dry skin and it made around my nose and eyes sting. Other that the colour match was perfect and the finish was lovely, it really looked like I had no make up on. I'm a NW15 and purchased the shade cool beige. I have a neutral undertone and loved that this shade didn't show up yellow or orange. I thought it looked great but a few people did ask me if I was ok as I looked ill! The finish looked lovely on my dry patches, really didn't cling to dry patches. I think this has a light to medium coverage, defiantly not full coverage, even after applying two layers. I was just so disappointed as I really wanted this to be my HG foundation. I've now gone back to using my Mac prolong wear.

To Read all 144 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/6/2016 9:34:00 PM

I never write reviews but seeing this had so many bad reviews I had to chime in. I love this foundation. I have combo skin and this foundation stays on way longer than any other foundation I have tried and believe I have tried them all! I read that some say it feels "wet" or "sticky", I think either because of your moisturizer. you put to much or you don't let it sink into your skin before you apply this foundation. it's best applied with an air pro brush from Sephora working in sections because it does dry fast and you won't be able to blend it. I also set it with the Bobbi brown sheer matte powder. I have never had a foundation stay on like this one. and this one doenst look orange or pink, stays true to color.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I feel like such a traitor because I absolutely adore Bobbi Brown. The best mascara (smokey eye) shimmer bricks, bronzers, cleansing oil but this foundation, I feel, is the worst foundation I have ever tried on me.

I have dry to medium skin with acne scars and freckles and the foundation sank into all my pores (like glamglow when it looks really gross on your nose and really dark on your pores?) Clung to every dry patch, didn't cover anything or even out any redness around my nose, made me look dull! Basically everything you don't want your foundation to do. I definitely have tried it several times to see if I could make it work; tried different application methods, different primers even different toners because I know some can cause my foundations to oxidise.

Please don't waste your money girls. Buy Bobbi's smokey eye mascara instead ;) xx

I tried countless foundations from drugstore to top of the market brands and Bobbi Brown Long-Wear would have to be the best foundation I have come by! The texture is more thicker than say your NARS Sheer Glow or All Day Luminous and if you suffer from combination skin like myself I suggest applying a primer ( Hourglass Mineral Veil is a godsend) because without it can stick to dry spots! This foundation dries really quickly and matte and I always apply Too Faced Coco Powder and can go a whole working day without any touch ups whatsoever. I have medium skin tone with yellow/natural undertones and use Cool Beige 3.25 and Too Faced Light/Medium as I hate any pink tones. The only thing I could fault with the Bobbi Long Wear is it works better in the cool to dryer season- it's not a foundation that's going to benefit during the hot humid seasons and the less you use the better application I find, even tho it's a medium build-able product less is best! I normally apply the long wear with my BareMinerals Precision Face brush but am curious to see if I will get an even 'better' application using my fingers- the reviews I've read are recommending no brush application for a smoother, flawless result. Oh and the last part to make you cringe is that it's $70 (AUS) for a bottle, but it lasts twice as long as the drugstore foundations and your final judgement on the product after trying it for yourselves will come down to your application

on 10/24/2015 8:49:00 AM

Not sure why this long wear foundation has gotten negative reviews. Perhaps they have recently changed the formula (?). Usually I use Armani Luminous Silk (with a primer) which has an excellent natural feel, however for me, it does not cover problem areas such as brown spots and broken capillaries effectively: it is too light. In the past, I've used Bobbi Brown and decided to come back because I needed heavier coverage due to sun damage and brown spots. For the level of coverage (medium to full), this formula is better than many others on the market. I've tried the Makeup Forever HD which was way too dry and chalky with the formula settling into my lines (how did it get high ratings??). It did not have a natural finish (and I used a primer first too). Bobbi Brown had a more natural feel with heavier coverage-- it reduced the appearance of my brown spots significantly. Also, for foundation color matching, Bobbi Brown can't be beat!!

One caveat-- you will need to use a primer or moisturizing lotion (you can purchase oil free moisturizers) first for best results! I have combination skin and use color #3

The foundation has kind of waxy-moussy thick consistency which makes it bit difficult to spread.
It is medium coverage. The foundation did a pretty good job covering the imperfections and skin redness, yet my face did look as if it lacked dimension. Longevity is pretty good. A little oil does seep through, but it is not a big deal.
The colour I got (Sand) is good for fair to medium skin - NC/NW20. It is quite neutral, does not run orangey. No oxidation observed.

I don't know why there are so many bad reviews on this foundation? I prefer it to my nars and mac foundation. I'm not sure what it's like in the darker shades but in porcelain it is so pretty on my skin and find it to be a medium to full coverage :-)

on 8/10/2015 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Good Lord, what was I thinking? I had been wanting to try Bobbi Brown's foundations for, like, forever… and then I finally got my chance. I wandered into a dept. store wearing no make-up, marched right up to the Bobbi Brown counter, and asked to be color-matched for a light-medium coverage foundation. Fine. So the Bobbi Brown girl matched me up to this Long Wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15 in the color "Natural." The color match itself is 'okay'… although I think I would have much preferred a shade darker. I can see the "light spots/streaks" around my nose after application, which indicates to me that the shade is a tad too light. If it was the right color, it would blend right in and I wouldn't have to keep rubbing my skin in an attempt to erase the streaks. I use primer with this, and I think I would have a heckuva time trying to get this on my face without one. The formula seems a bit "dry" and doesn't meld right in to your skin, but rather just sits there. I dislike the lavender smell- and normally, I LIKE lavender! I was disappointed to see lavender in the ingredients, because I have sensitive skin and was afraid this would cause a rash. I am sure if I used it consistently, I would have a bumpy face from this… but I just don't like it enough to use it at all anymore. My biggest disappointment about this foundation is the lack of coverage I get from it. Granted, I don't want to look like I'm wearing a mask and my foundation was applied with a putty knife… BUT I DO want it to *at LEAST* cover my mild rosacea spots! This doesn't cover anything! It wears more like a tinted moisturizer on my skin than a foundation, and that is not what I was in the market for. That was why I went into the store without makeup on in the first place: I wanted the makeup artist to SEE my skin flaws and recommend a foundation that would blur out the flaws. (Isn't that the whole PURPOSE of wearing foundation in the first place?) She failed, the foundation failed- and I failed myself by spending $48 + tax on this. Looks like my HG is still my HG, and I will be sticking to what really works for me. I will probably try this one more time in the winter to see if the color match is any better… and if it still doesn't cover the pinker areas around my nose… this is going straight in the garbage. I have no time or patience for products that don't do what they're supposed to.

on 8/5/2015 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on my 3rd bottle of this foundation.
Something you really need to understand is this foundation is very matte and sets very quickly! I had to learn the hard way that not a single foundation brush would work, so ladies use your fingers or beauty blenders.
I used this while I was on Roaccutane and it didn't dry out my face as long as I used a hydrating primer underneath.
Now my skin is acne free and very normal I use less and the coverage I get with my beauty blender is perfect.
Negative points:
1. Price - $70.00 in Aus (Crazy)
2. It sinks into my lines around my mouth and forehead and I'm only 25! I have yet to find a way to stop this.

Even with these issues I still buy it because the pump bottle is so easy to use and very controllable, also the colour match is prefect as I have beigey-yellow toned skin and I am "Beige 3" in their range.