L'Oreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Bronze

4.5

on 3/24/2016 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Holy. Grail. Eyeliner.

The color is a nice soft brown that isn't as harsh as a black and can be smudged for daytime definition. The longevity is absolutely outstanding, no smudging (even with my oily eyelids), BUT, the factor that places it firmly into the HG category is the fact that after a year of owning this eyeliner, it hasn't dried out one bit. Yes, folks, a year. And counting.

I loved the Maybelline gel eyeliner. Until it dried out.
I loved the Wet n'Wild gel eyeliner. Until it dried out.
Repeat verbatim for more sad examples... I'm still side-eying my Maybelline Color Tattoos for this reason precisely.

Because of these examples above I am loathe to shell out my money for something that renders itself useless after two months of usage.

But this $8 gel eyeliner is worth every penny for the packaging effectiveness alone, along with its outstanding product inside the glass jar as well.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was expecting this liner to appear more of a golden bronze, but it showed up in a dark brown shimmer instead. The bronze would probably show up better on warm medium skintones. Against my light olive skin, it looks like a typical dark brown liner. Besides the color issue, the texture is amazing and glides on easily without harsh lines. The lasting power is amazing! I had it on for six hours and did not fade that much. This is the perfect gel liner for those who do not like to touchup on makeup throughout the day. Best gel liner for the value! I will purchase this liner in navy next time!

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/14/2014 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I loooove this liner! I have green eyes and fair skin with light hair, so I realized after a while that as much as I loved L'oreal's Blackbuster, it was too harsh for me. So I picked this up a couple weeks ago when I went on a mascara run to Target, and I'm glad I did! It's just dark enough for me without being too harsh, and the brown really brings out my green eyes. It also stays all day and the brush makes it so smooth and easy to apply! I wasn't so sure about the brush when I first saw it, but I love it and can make thin, heavy, straight or winged with ease! Definitely will repurchase, but I don't think I'll be running out any time soon.

on 10/10/2013 11:07:00 PM

This is an excellent long lasting eyeliner with a great liner brush. I would give it a 5 stars, but it is really brown, not bronze. I was only disappointed with the color, but it is an excellent product and brown looks very nice, but color mislabeled. I bought the navy too but I haven't tried it yet.

on 6/3/2013 3:04:00 PM

This is a pretty color and I love the L'Oreal gel liners. That said even with the color being pretty, I would not repurchase it. I did not think that color was very wearable on my medium olive toned skin.

on 4/14/2013 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wear eyeliner everyday and I've used Revlon Colorstay pencils for years and years. I've never been a fan of this sort of creamy liner, like Fluid Line or Stila Smudgepot. I can't even remember what possessed me to try L'Oreal Lacquer liners, but I haven't touched my Colorstay liner since I've discovered these! I've already bought 2 of the Bronze color, and one each of the Black, Dark Slate and Espresso. I have light brown eyes and I find the Bronze to be the most neutral and flattering. It looks especially nice with the Infalliable Bronzed Taupe eye shadow.

One thing I really like is that I can apply a thicker, darker line on my upper lashline and then use what's left on my brush to create a much softer line on my lower lashline. I would say with all the shades that the color is very buildable. If you want a softer, sheerer line, just use a *tiny* amount of product on your brush to start and then you can add more if you want it to be darker. A little bit goes such a long way.

I also love that the liner glides right on and is easy to manipulate during application to get a perfect line (crisp or smudged). Once this liner is on, I find that it stays put until you take it off. No smudging! I don't have oily lids, though and I do use UD Primer Potion.

Lastly, the little pot is heavy glass with a metal lid and the brush is not only soft, but functional and easy to use. The product and the packaging are really great quality for a drug store product. I am super impressed and I will buy any new colors that L'Oreal makes!!

on 2/28/2013 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I purchased this in Navy and Bronze. I have been searching forever for a gel to replace my MAC Fluidline in Graphic Brown. This is it! It comes with a nice brush that makes application nearly foolproof. Liner stays put all day on my lid. I also use it on my waterline. It stays ok,better than I expected. Love this. Makes my eyes pop!

on 1/8/2013 8:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this gel liner! The shade bronze is a bit too dark (I'm very fair), but it works, and I'll probably repurchase. Bronze is like a brownish black, which is sort of disappointing because I was expecting it to be a lighter brown. Oh well, who cares?

The best part about this gel liner is the brush is comes with. Besides having to be washed frequently, I would honestly buy this product again just to get this brush. It makes application SO much easier and it makes winged eyeliner look absolutely flawless. I have done winged eyeliner for years with pencil and liquid liner, and always stayed away from gel liner because I heard it was way harder to use. That couldn't be more of a lie, not with this product/brush at least! My winged eyeliner looks better and takes way quicker than with any other type of liner, not to mention this is my first and only gel liner. The brush allows for mistakes, and is so forgiving, but you still get precision, even for someone who has a shaky hand like me!

Besides the shade being a tad too dark, the gel liner itself is great. Not too cakey and while the container looks small, you get soooo much because you really don't end up using that much each time. This liner will probably last me years.

The only cons with this product are that, the brush, while great, does need to be washed once every other week because it tends to lose its shape and the remaining liner kind of cakes on it if you don't take care of it. Also, the way this product is packaged is sort of inconvenient- maybe its just the consistency of the liner? Even though I really take care of this product, inside the container is messy because it's easy to pick up too much product, so you end up always swiping off the excess on the rim. Also, the surface of the liner itself has all these dents and swipes in it from use, which makes it look so ugly and actually harder to apply when putting your brush into it- most likely due to a consistency that's a bit too thick. I am also afraid because of this consistency issue that the product will dry out before I'm even done using it!

The cost wasn't great, but it's worth it for how much product you get, plus the brush! If not for the gel liner, get it for the brush! I highly recommend this product! I most likely won't ever need to but I would repurchase!

on 12/23/2012 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I already own this in Black and Espresso, so it's safe to say I love this product. It's very creamy and easy to apply, just like the other two colors, and I love the brush that's included. I bought Bronze because I want a softer look lately, and Espresso is a very dark almost black brown and somewhat harsh. I apply Bronze from the outside of my eye in, and then go back over it from the inside out, slightly smudinging as I go. Like the other two colors, it lasts nearly all day without smudging on my oily lids, and I love the color. It's a nice metallic bronze that complements my brown eyes nicely. I would definitely repurchase.

I saw great reviews on this eyeliner but it really didn't work out for me. It smudged very easily when applying and kept smudging onto my eyebrow area above my eyelid. I don't have oily skin and after a couple hours I noticed fading