Curel Moisture Lotion III Enrich

Curel Moisture Lotion III Enrich

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The first time I bought this, I wasn't very pleased. It was fall in Tokyo and my skin wasn't use to the cold climate. My face was super dry - the driest it has ever been! I eventually stopped using it because it didn't work for me. After a few months of being back in my country, I ran out of the toner that I've really been using. So I've decided to give this a shot again. It worked like magic! It has a weird finish, in terms of texture. When I say weird, I don't necessarily mean bad. It isn't like other toners. It actually feels like a moisturizer on your skin when you put on like two layers. I haven't been using moisturizer anymore, but my skin never dries. I'm actually combination/sensitive skin and this works for me. I don't think this would work on really really dry skin though. This is my second purchase. I would purchase it again, but it's not available in my country! This is the first thing I'm buying when I go back to Japan.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Curel by Japan's Kao Group is a drugstore brand that offers fantastic products for sensitive skin types. It's like what Dove or Johnson & Johnson would make, but more refined. I initially wanted to get the makeup remover, a best-seller, but since it was sold out for a month I settled for the toner (which in Japan's skincare marketing parlance is called a "lotion."). Please note this is the Level III "enriching" toner for dry skin; oily or combo skin types use Level I or II. I have been on the hunt for hydrating toners and was accustomed to the gel-like consistency you'd find in most high-end offerings, so I was quite skeptical when I saw how watery this is. It is completely clear, unscented, and lightweight, which I imagine would be ideal for sensitive skin, but can I count on it to hydrate? Absolutely! It is soaked in immediately and makes serums and lotions much easier to be absorbed as well. A no-frills product that works exactly as advertised. And I love the bottle it comes in: fingerprints-proof! Much better than Hado Labo.