Homemade Ketchup Toner

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I am absolutely stunned at how well this worked. I had colored my hair with a level 6, light brown, double ash permanent color from Clairol Professional with 20V cream developer. My hair always pulls warm so I also used an ash intensifier. I’ve done this before with great results, but this time used too much of the ash intensifier. My hair had a definite gray/green thing going on. I wasn’t going to be able to get to Sally’s again anytime soon, so I was desperately searching for a quick remedy online. I came across the idea of using ketchup/tomato sauce on several sites, so I figured what the heck. I applied a couple ounces of ketchup to my dry hair using my bowl and brush, saturating it. I clipped it up and put a plastic cap on, leaving it on for about 35 minutes. Then I washed as usual.
The green tint is gone! My hair definitely has more of a warm tone than I would have normally wanted, but it’s a lot better than gray/green. I am thrilled. Best of all, it didn’t cost anything extra, had the ketchup in my fridge already. And no additional damage to my hair. Amazing. Thank goodness for the internet!

Problem: Having had an absolute hideous experience at a local hairdressers my hair was now a karki colour, where I had discussed that I wanted a dark blonde. It was horrible and having gone to a couple of other salons only to be told that I would have to wait a month or so before they would touch my hair, I was desperate. I found this ketchup post and I had to try it

Result : Amazing, totally fabulous result. My hair is now dark golden blonde after my first use. Definitely make sure you keep it on for 30 mins and I did also wrap it in a bag, which might also help.

Remaining question: What I would like to know is if this is a permanent result or if I have to keep doing it. When I find out I will update this post.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am sitting here writing this with ketchup on my hair. Useless new hairdresser has given me brassy dull green tinged hair so now I am praying this will work again. Tried it before and it did work.

My hair was pretty blonde so i asked my hair dresser to foil in some dark shades and when i got home i noticed i have grayish green tones, im pretty upset seeing that i pay about $180 to get my hair done, so right now im sitting here at 5am with ketchup in my hair, I'll let everyone know if it worked for me seeing that my hair was colored a week ago...I'm praying lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LMAO. I completely thought I was going to have to add this to the site because I was for sure that NOBODY would review ketchup, but here I am and there are 2 reviews!! So I am NOT crazy! LOL.

Anyways, yeah long story, I got highlights at a salon from someone who I don't regularly go to because my stylist was out sick. I decided to proceed with this new girl and she did an ok job but my hair was a little brassy and orangy and the highlights were too chunky. So I decide to tone it using the Wella White Lady toner, I think its T18 from Sallys, its violet based so I thought it would tone my hair. Well my blonde came out super super ashy, and I guess my lowlight was ashy too because it came out greyish-green. I was like ahh noooo. SO I researched and only a couple sites mentioned ketchup, so I tried last night. I was hesitant to do so because ketchup is precious in my house and I hated to waste it on my hair, but I did anyway and I had to put a lot on, I plastic wrapped my hair and left it on for an hour. I rinsed out and shampooed and conditioned and to my surprise no more ashiness, the blonde is defintley a little more goldeny. YAY. I couldn't be happier. Not sure if its going to last, so I'll probably end up buying more ketchup strictly for my hair. Anyways, must try for anyone with greenish grayish hair!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I had very light blonde, bleached hair. My hair is naturally very dark brown so it took a lot of work to maintain it, my roots would show up two weeks after a hair appointment and this cost too much time and money so I made the decision to go darker. Anyways, to cut a long story short, my hairdresser tried to dye my hair a dark blonde colour but it came out GREY/GREEN. It was HIDEOUS. Apparently, because my hair was so porous, it had pulled the colour too deep into my hair. I was despairing at the thought that I might need to bleach it out when a friend recommended tomato sauce. Apparently it worked for her chlorine stains, I was dubious but thought I should at least try.
I bought the cheapest bottle in the shop for 19p. I got home and applied it all over my head generously and left it on for about 30 minutes. I was a bit worried as I thought the vinegar or acid in it might damage my hair so didn't want to leave it in too long.
I washed it out and then shampooed again. As it was late at night, I could see a slight difference but not too much. I went to bed but then the next morning I was surprised! It had worked! Not entirely but my hair was a much better tone, I repeated the process and sure enough my hair turned from a dark almost slate grey colour with a green tinge, to a medium blonde with slight caramel hints. I can't believe it but would recommend. The condition of my hair feels fine too, I wouldn't say it damaged it in any way. Apparently Sienna Miller used it to removed Henna dye residue. I don;t know how it works but it does.