Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 12/7/2018 5:15:00 PM

HATED this scrub!!! Where do I even start? First off, this was not scrubby at all, I felt like it did absolutely nothing to exfoliate my skin. Since it didn't exfoliate, I started breaking out. Now I hadn't broken out in MONTHS, and then this comes along and ruins that. As another reviewer previously pointed out, there is very little "botanical" in this very chemical scrub. Also the packaging on this sucked. I couldn't control how much product came out! So I either got too much or too little. UGH. I expected so much more from PTR.

on 6/3/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Broke me out. Broke me out. Broke me out. And its not very "botanical" its pretty chemical.

on 10/17/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have always liked PTR's botanical buffing beads and have used it mostly as a body scrub - it is very gentle for that. Evenly finished rounded beads are not too abrasive and provide a light to moderate amount of exfolliation. Nice scent, too.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this product, and like many other have mentioned the beads feels very gentle and didn't scratch the skin on my face (unlike LUSH's Ocean Salt). However, it did make me break out, I got small bumps on my forehead and my cheeks. At first, I didn't suspect that it was the product that caused me to break out. I therefore used this product at least 5 more times with the same result. I'm also not very impressed with the ingredients of this product, which includes parabens, artificial colors and fragrances.

on 9/6/2011 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for an exfoliator that is gentle enough to use everyday since I have bumpy-textured skin on my forehead and around my nose. My skin is also sensitive. I've tried a lot of different exfoliating products from drugstore to high end brands and they are always far too harsh or drying to use on my skin daily, even if they claim to be gentle enough for daily use. PTR's botanical buffing beads are wonderful! I bought a travel size version of the asian sensation one off ebay to try, and I love it! I use it every evening after washing my face with PTR's gentle foaming cleanser. I dab a bit on and around my nose and on my forehead, where I need the most attention. The smell is lovely and it's such a pleasure to use. The beads don't feel rough or scratchy and a little bit goes a long way. My skin feels super clean and not tight or dry afterwards, just very comfortable and fresh. My skin definitely better now - more clear, even and feels smoother - my pores even look smaller. I have to make sure I wash it off really well because the beads are a little difficult to wash away, but it doesn't take that long and I only use it at night so it doesn't bother me. If you think it would, I would suggest only using it before you shower. Love this - definitely HG!

on 2/10/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this exfoliator because the beads dissolve as you use them, so it is gentle enough to use every day. I have sensitive and acne-prone skin, so usually drugstore exfoliators dry out my skin and exacerbate any breakouts. Yes, it is more expensive than usual, but it's also twice the size of your typical exfoliating product. You only need a very very small amount of the product to see results, so if you're careful about rationing it out, it should last months and months. My husband and I both use it - he loves it even more than I do.

I balked at the price of this when the Ulta salesgirl recommended it but I am so glad she did. I use this as my night cleanser after I remove my makeup. I have adult acne that is also aging and senstive. For some reason, this keeps my skin clear. I use this in the evening and then wash with Cetaphil soap in a.m. followed by PTR's max complexion correction pads (also amazing) in the a.m. My skin hasn't been this clear in decades. And the bottle, while expensive (like $46 at Ulta) is HUGE and you only need a dime size. I've had my current bottle for probably 6 months already. I'd really like to try the acne one but I'm afraid to. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

on 10/29/2010 4:38:00 PM

i only used this for 3 days but so far so good :) its not strong, not overly drying. it peels very nicely and gently without applying pressure. acualy its the first peel i used that dident dry my skin out and leave me with patches of dead skin coming of for 5 days afther using it. it removes whiteheads! and helps dirt coming out of the pores very effectively. thats why i am so greedely using it 2 times a day even if my dermatologist told me to only use it every other day. I am gona use it more sparingly as soon as my acne clears up a bit more :) all in all great product. expensive but lasts for some time from the looks of it. ill keep using it for a while more to se how this works for me :)

on 7/28/2010 5:43:00 PM

These beads are very gentle on skin and really takes away all the dead surface and even whiteheads.The price is little bit high but you get a huge bottle which last long for me more than a year.ALL PTR products are well worth and great investment for ur beautiful skin.

The price put me off to this initially, but at the rate I'm going through this bottle it will last me long enough to be the most inexpensive scrub I've ever purchased.
I'm not too into manual exfoliation - I need something extremely gentle, just enough to buff away slightly dry patches and bumps, and most products are way too harsh. The level of exfoliation with this feels almost too gentle while you're using it, but the result is soft, smooth skin with no redness or irritation. It is gentle enough for daily use.
As with most scrub products, I use this is the shower to prevent the little scrubbers from hitching a ride in my hair.
Not a life changing product, but a great addition to my skin care routine.