Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.3

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 10/17/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have always liked PTR's botanical buffing beads and have used it mostly as a body scrub - it is very gentle for that. Evenly finished rounded beads are not too abrasive and provide a light to moderate amount of exfolliation. Nice scent, too.

on 9/6/2011 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for an exfoliator that is gentle enough to use everyday since I have bumpy-textured skin on my forehead and around my nose. My skin is also sensitive. I've tried a lot of different exfoliating products from drugstore to high end brands and they are always far too harsh or drying to use on my skin daily, even if they claim to be gentle enough for daily use. PTR's botanical buffing beads are wonderful! I bought a travel size version of the asian sensation one off ebay to try, and I love it! I use it every evening after washing my face with PTR's gentle foaming cleanser. I dab a bit on and around my nose and on my forehead, where I need the most attention. The smell is lovely and it's such a pleasure to use. The beads don't feel rough or scratchy and a little bit goes a long way. My skin feels super clean and not tight or dry afterwards, just very comfortable and fresh. My skin definitely better now - more clear, even and feels smoother - my pores even look smaller. I have to make sure I wash it off really well because the beads are a little difficult to wash away, but it doesn't take that long and I only use it at night so it doesn't bother me. If you think it would, I would suggest only using it before you shower. Love this - definitely HG!

on 10/29/2010 4:38:00 PM

i only used this for 3 days but so far so good :) its not strong, not overly drying. it peels very nicely and gently without applying pressure. acualy its the first peel i used that dident dry my skin out and leave me with patches of dead skin coming of for 5 days afther using it. it removes whiteheads! and helps dirt coming out of the pores very effectively. thats why i am so greedely using it 2 times a day even if my dermatologist told me to only use it every other day. I am gona use it more sparingly as soon as my acne clears up a bit more :) all in all great product. expensive but lasts for some time from the looks of it. ill keep using it for a while more to se how this works for me :)

on 5/30/2008 11:59:00 AM

I have been using this for about 4 years; after the suggestion by an esthetician at Red Door. It is fabulous and it lasts forever! The quality and the fact that 4x weekly use garners at least 4 months of product, make the price well worth it. The smell is a pleasant and light citrus. The beads themselves are tiny and perfectly round (important as more "jagged" beads can cause micro-cuts to the skin). It isn't necessary to use daily - but gentle enough to do so. Though my acne problems were never more than "monthly breakouts" and a few scattered blackheads in nasal folds - this remedies all of that and creates a soft and never-dry palette for moisturizer and makeup application.

on 10/22/2007 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is hands-down my favorite exfoliator. I adore this scrub for my face/neck, and if it weren't so expensive, I'd use it on my body too. It has a very slight vaguely citris smell (through you can get other scents too), and the jojoba beads are suspended in a blue, easy to work with gel. I really like the blue color, it mades it a cinch to be sure that all of the scrub is rinsed off in the shower. The exfoliant is jojoba beads (like Benefit Pineapple scrub) , super gentle and extrmely effective. I've never torn up my face over-exfoliating (which I can be guilty of) unlike using other scrubs made of plastic or wax beads (clinique, Neutrogena, and Clear & Clear, I'm talkin' to you) And unlike Benefit's before mentioned scrub, I don't get this stuck in my hairline or brows and it doesn't get all over the shower (which is a very hard to clean sticky yucky mess). I don't care much for the price, so I've opted to buy the $10 smaller size over and over again. Also, around the holidays, PTR releases a multi-scented pack of these that gives you more ounces for more cheaply than the original packaging. Hooray!

on 3/9/2007 2:02:00 PM

I've used this for about 6 months and am very pleased with it. I've tried several exfoliants in the past, even those touted for "sensitive" skin and this is the only one I've used that is truly a gentle one that still gets the job done. I use it about 3 times a week and it lasts and lasts!

on 4/24/2006 11:26:00 PM

I adore this. I use it frequently on my fair, rosacea-prone, oily/dry combo skin. It's not harsh at all--the little jojoba beads give my face a good scrub, removing yucky stuff from my pores, but it doesn't make my face beet red. I especially like to use it if I (gasp!) go to bed without washing my face. The SA at Sephora talked me into it, and I'm glad she did. The next morning, the texture of my skin feels bumpy and oily, and after using this in the shower, it's back to being nice and smooth. I love the color, and the price isn't too bad--I think I paid $35 at Sephora, and a bottle lasts forever. If you're looking for serious exfoliation, you might want to try Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar for OCCASIONAL use. But for everyday use (or for something to use several times a week that will smooth your skin but not irritate the heck out of it), you can't go wrong with this.

I thought this might be good for mild bacne and am now glad I never tried it on my face. It doesn't really exfoliate. I found it less irritating to my sensitive skin than most bath gels, but I think it made the little break out on my back worse and it gave me dry patches on my upper arms. It is nicely packaged and it has a pleasant grapefruity smell, but if you have picky, sensitive skin you should probably avoid this.

on 9/23/2005 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a very gentle, daily exfoliator. There should be no problem for those who want to use it every day. My skin is normal, with pores that tend to get clogged, so I need to exfoliate alot. I am not convinced of its great exfoliating power though. It does leave my skin feeling really soft and super clean, but I am still having problems with clogged pores on my chin, which I was hoping daily use of this product would help clear up (along with clay masks, and Phil. Vit. C peel). It did help sooth some of the peeling I was having around my nose area, and I believe it contributed to the evening out of my skin tone.

Do not be put off by the price. It is a very large bottle and only a small amount is needed to cover the face. I have used it about 50 times and it looks like the bottle is still 3/4 full. Seriously..only a tiny amount is needed.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Nice gentle scrub for a regular exfoliant