Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

i bought the small $10 size to try this after reading so many great reviews and mentions in magazines, etc. i don't get it. i've used much more effective scrubs and much nicer gentle facial cleansers. this product does not stand out in any way to me. i didn't see any difference in my skin after using this. i switched from using it on my face to using it on my body and i still just feel like there are so many better products out there and the price of this is unjustified.

on 11/21/2007 10:26:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

EDIT: CAUTION! The androgynous packaging and cool blue color can attract closetedly magpie-type boyfriends and induce them to use Crystal Gayle shampoo-comparable amounts to scrub their face. This can lead to product loss incongruent with known consumption until perp is caught in the act. Apparently, however, it's good pre-shave, so questionably sneaky behavior by covetous Others is not without product/anthropological value to product owner.
Oh, BBB, how I love thee! This has officially replaced Origins Modern Friction as my daily (yes, daily) scrub. It's gentle, and super effective. My skin feels nice and smooth after use -- never tight, itchy, or otherwise dry. I generally use it in the morning, but on the few occasions that I've used it at night I've been perfectly comfortable without having to follow with a moisturizer )I only moisturize once daily, in the morning). I've knocked off a lippie for two combined "faults": 1. Excessive blue-ness, which I find unnecessary, and 2. Much as I love it, I do wish that the particulate were finer. I also gave it 2 lippies for price because, while it's $30 some odd dollars, I can't imagine having to repurchase anytime in the near future. And since there's so much, I don't feel bad using it on my neck and shoulders as well as my face. The price is comparable to the Modern Friction, but you get more than twice as much product -- score! And I love the squeeze bottle as opposed to a pan-type container. I don't have to stick my fingers in there, and nothing else (i.e. hair) gets into my scrub. Overall, I'm exceedingly pleased with the product and the great skin iit's left in its wake!

Wonderful stuff. I saw a review that said the beads melted away too fast: to counter this, I apply this product while my face is dry, and rinse it away with water when I'm done. I massage it in gently for up to a minute and I love the buffing effect: just right, and effective without being harsh. It leaves my skin in really nice condition: gleaming, but comfortable; not tight.

I had revolting blackheads for twenty years (I'm 34) and they've vanished in no time thanks to PTR. I also use his glycolic products and my skin's in wonderful shape. Hooray! Thank you Peter Thomas Roth!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this product for several months now and am very pleased. My skin is easily dried out by harsh products and I find this scrub to be extremely gentle. I use it every other day, but I don't see it being a problem for daily use. I massage this for about a minute on my face and slowly and gently the jojoba beads dissolve, leaving skin soft and ever so gently exfoliated. It rinses clean and is very refreshing. Some may find it pricey at $35 but, like others have said, a little goes a long way and this should last the better part of a year (if not longer). Great great value and a definite rave.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm all for gentle exfoliation, but once you apply this product to your face, the beads seem to immediately start to melt away. This makes it kind of hard to get any exfoliation out of it. Plus, it left such a nasty film on my face that I had to wash my face over again with my regular cleanser. This product has a cult following, and is written up in many editorials, but it just didn't do anything for me. Save your money and look elsewhere.

This is a good gentle scrub for everyday use. Some people might think it isn't grainy enough. The jojoba beads are very smooth and round so it takes some massaging to really do the job. I love its citrus smell. PTR recommends you follow this with a cleaner, but it rinses cleanly with absolutely no residue.

on 7/25/2004 10:29:00 PM

I got a sample of this at Sephora and after using it I knew I just had to buy a full size! This is a gentle scrub with round jojoba beads that not only leave your face feeling very clean but glowing as well. Because I can't use AHA products(unless 8% or less)I find this scrub to be a nice alternative. The smell is not over whelming and the bottle is huge. I have fairly sensitive skin and this scrub was not too harsh. Give it a try, I don't think you'll be disappointed

on 2/24/2004 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my HG scrub! It has just the right amound of jojoba beads for the gentle sloughing that my skin needs since I am on Retin A and AHA's. Even though it's pricey, it lasts a very long time. I scrub 2 to 3 times a week. No breakouts from this whatsoever. I am on my sixth bottle!!! I hope they never discontinue this product.

on 12/16/2003 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product. The grains are semi-plentiful and seem well-rounded and are not scratchy. But they are too large for my liking. I like my scrubs to be chock-full of teeny tiny scrubbers, but these scrubbers are huge, and not as plentiful as I would prefer. I find the scrubbing action to be on the milder side. The blue gel base seems to actually be a rather decent cleanser for oily skin. Some may find it drying, however. Overall, this does not suit my particular facial scrub needs, but it is not a *bad* product. The price is a bit out of line, though. I basically use this as a facial cleanser, when I only need a half-assed attempt at exfoliation.

on 5/17/2003 11:51:00 AM

Well, I guess I like that it matches my shower curtain, but I don't really know what is so botanical about an artificially fragranced product (except for the aloe in the middle of the ingredient list). It is really nice though and doesn't irritated my easily irritated skin. UPDATE: I have bumped this up from a 4 to a 5! I really like it. I use it more than once a week, and I have very sensitive skin. It causes no problems, even if I scrub with a lot of pressure. Sometimes I mix it with my cleanser (Philosophy Real Purity) for a super gentle scrub. I have been using this for months now, and I still have over 3/4 of the bottle left! Great Stuff! UPDATE 3 May 2004 - I've been using this for a year for 1-2 a week and i only just now bought a new bottle. amazing stuff.