Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Filtered by hair type : Other
Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 6/3/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Broke me out. Broke me out. Broke me out. And its not very "botanical" its pretty chemical.

on 3/16/2008 10:27:00 PM

Good for my body but not my face. It broke me out.
I ll never buy it again as I can find a cheaper one to use on my body and it will do the same job!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love it! It's a gentle scrub, but it really smooths and deep cleans. My face feels so good after I use this stuff. If you want to sample it before buying the big bottle, there is a small bottle available for $10.

on 10/22/2007 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is hands-down my favorite exfoliator. I adore this scrub for my face/neck, and if it weren't so expensive, I'd use it on my body too. It has a very slight vaguely citris smell (through you can get other scents too), and the jojoba beads are suspended in a blue, easy to work with gel. I really like the blue color, it mades it a cinch to be sure that all of the scrub is rinsed off in the shower. The exfoliant is jojoba beads (like Benefit Pineapple scrub) , super gentle and extrmely effective. I've never torn up my face over-exfoliating (which I can be guilty of) unlike using other scrubs made of plastic or wax beads (clinique, Neutrogena, and Clear & Clear, I'm talkin' to you) And unlike Benefit's before mentioned scrub, I don't get this stuck in my hairline or brows and it doesn't get all over the shower (which is a very hard to clean sticky yucky mess). I don't care much for the price, so I've opted to buy the $10 smaller size over and over again. Also, around the holidays, PTR releases a multi-scented pack of these that gives you more ounces for more cheaply than the original packaging. Hooray!

I got a very generous sample of this at Sephora and tried it once daily for about a week. It truly is an amazing scrub. It is gentle and does a good job of keeping my combo skin smooth and flake-free. My skin does not feel stripped afterwards, which I've experienced frequently with other scrubs. I do not care for the light scent, which reminds me of my toilet bowl cleaner. I will purchase this when my sample is gone. It's one of the best skincare products I've ever tried.

The smooth beads were nice, but all in all, this product really did nothing for my oily, acne-prone skin. In fact, if anything, I think it made me break out worse.

on 2/27/2006 4:07:00 AM

Why did I not discover this scrub earlier? I've tried so many different ones over the years and this does not even compare to the others that I have tried. This scrub is great to use more frequently since it is really gentle but it still gets the job done. The beads are really soft and do not irritate my skin at all. Too many scrubs that I have tried in the past use particles that are really harsh and while they do get the job done, I feel like I sandpapered my skin. After washing this scrub off, my skin doesn't feel tight or too dry. It feels just right. The packaging is kind of ugly IMO, but you do get quite a bit for the price and it gets the job done, so it's definitely become one of my staples.

on 2/26/2006 11:40:00 AM

this is my HG! i've been using it for two months now and my skin has never looked better. it's glowy, dewy, and i have no more redness. i can't remember the last time i had a zit and i am extremely prone to breakouts. the scrubbies are gentle and does not irritate my skin but it cleans my pores! (it also doesn't disappear upon water contact) some people are complaining about the price but i've been using it every single day for the past two months and it's still almost 98% full! will definitely repurchase!! (oh, the only thing i don't like about this is the lid...) *for reference my skin is/was a mess. large pores/oily/acne prone/sensitive/redness the works =p

on 8/6/2003 12:04:00 PM

My holy grail exfoliant. Love this stuff and am on my 3rd bottle (it lasts awhile though if you only use it on the face). Only gripe is that it's always getting clogged up... packaging could be better.

on 7/27/2003 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of my two holy grails of scrubs (BlissLabs being the other). I adore the tiny jojoba beads and how they gently exfoliate my skin. I can tell you that I immediately feel the difference in my skin the moment I wash this off - the softness is like baby skin. There is never any redness or irritation with PTR like there is with other more abrasive scrubs. I also love the lemon-lime scent. The price is a little high-end, but since you only have to use a small dollop this 8oz bottle will last you forever (or about a year). I highly recommend!!!!