Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 12/7/2018 5:15:00 PM

HATED this scrub!!! Where do I even start? First off, this was not scrubby at all, I felt like it did absolutely nothing to exfoliate my skin. Since it didn't exfoliate, I started breaking out. Now I hadn't broken out in MONTHS, and then this comes along and ruins that. As another reviewer previously pointed out, there is very little "botanical" in this very chemical scrub. Also the packaging on this sucked. I couldn't control how much product came out! So I either got too much or too little. UGH. I expected so much more from PTR.

I balked at the price of this when the Ulta salesgirl recommended it but I am so glad she did. I use this as my night cleanser after I remove my makeup. I have adult acne that is also aging and senstive. For some reason, this keeps my skin clear. I use this in the evening and then wash with Cetaphil soap in a.m. followed by PTR's max complexion correction pads (also amazing) in the a.m. My skin hasn't been this clear in decades. And the bottle, while expensive (like $46 at Ulta) is HUGE and you only need a dime size. I've had my current bottle for probably 6 months already. I'd really like to try the acne one but I'm afraid to. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

on 10/29/2010 4:38:00 PM

i only used this for 3 days but so far so good :) its not strong, not overly drying. it peels very nicely and gently without applying pressure. acualy its the first peel i used that dident dry my skin out and leave me with patches of dead skin coming of for 5 days afther using it. it removes whiteheads! and helps dirt coming out of the pores very effectively. thats why i am so greedely using it 2 times a day even if my dermatologist told me to only use it every other day. I am gona use it more sparingly as soon as my acne clears up a bit more :) all in all great product. expensive but lasts for some time from the looks of it. ill keep using it for a while more to se how this works for me :)

on 7/28/2010 5:43:00 PM

These beads are very gentle on skin and really takes away all the dead surface and even whiteheads.The price is little bit high but you get a huge bottle which last long for me more than a year.ALL PTR products are well worth and great investment for ur beautiful skin.

The price put me off to this initially, but at the rate I'm going through this bottle it will last me long enough to be the most inexpensive scrub I've ever purchased.
I'm not too into manual exfoliation - I need something extremely gentle, just enough to buff away slightly dry patches and bumps, and most products are way too harsh. The level of exfoliation with this feels almost too gentle while you're using it, but the result is soft, smooth skin with no redness or irritation. It is gentle enough for daily use.
As with most scrub products, I use this is the shower to prevent the little scrubbers from hitching a ride in my hair.
Not a life changing product, but a great addition to my skin care routine.

Great great great as a gentle exfoliator. The beads are so perfectly round, and the wash itself smells great and has a nice thick consistency to it. Its gentle enough to use everyday, I like to use it at night before I use my Dior cleanser for oily skin. I exfoliates dead skin and dirt away to make your "treatment" cleanser much more effective.

These beads are great. You cant feel the bead action but the exfoliator is in the form of sal. acid so i guess you not supposed to feel it :) The bottle is so large that it is ALMOST worth the price...even though I definatly would been happy with cheaper! It smells goood and with only using it twice a week or so this will last me forvever!

on 5/14/2008 10:49:00 AM

I have tried the original Buffing Beads and the Blemish Buffing Beads and love them both! They are super gentle but do a great job at exfoliating. I use them once or twice a week and love how they make my skin feel. The exfoliating beads are jojoba beads, which are perfectly rounded so they don't tear up your face. The bottle these come in is kind of a pain b/c the opening gets clogged really easy but i just take off the cap to squeeze some out. My bottle has lasted for about 8 months so it really is worth the money. Next I'll try the Anti-Aging Buffing Beads!

on 4/20/2008 3:22:00 AM

You know how I can tell it wasn't exfoliating for crap? Having been blessed with thick, abundant luxurious hair on my head I have been cursed with the same on my chin. My other standard scrubbing product (Jason Ester C Scrubble) was able to take care of the ingrown hairs on my chin and so I never had any because the scrub would exfoliate the skin and free the trapped hairs. With Mister. Peter blah blah I had so many ingrown hairs on my chin it started to look like a war zone on my face. And for like what, 4 times the price of Mister Jason? I am so getting back together with Jason.

on 2/16/2008 2:15:00 AM

Gotta have this works great. I had flakey combo skin with little pimples . Cleared up skin instant soft feeling blue color helps to see it beads really scrub alittle goes a long way. I was at sephora for other stuff and asked sa she told me about this got a sample feel in love. Went back bought the travel size for now. But thats lasted a bit so i will go get the bigger bottle and us the little one for travel. Ive used on other parts of the body to its not harsh at all and very soothing. Will buy again