Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Love this product. It is pricey but my skin loves it. After using, my skin looks as if it has been polished to a shine. I rave about it all the time to my friends and after trying the product, they all like it too.

on 5/30/2008 11:59:00 AM

I have been using this for about 4 years; after the suggestion by an esthetician at Red Door. It is fabulous and it lasts forever! The quality and the fact that 4x weekly use garners at least 4 months of product, make the price well worth it. The smell is a pleasant and light citrus. The beads themselves are tiny and perfectly round (important as more "jagged" beads can cause micro-cuts to the skin). It isn't necessary to use daily - but gentle enough to do so. Though my acne problems were never more than "monthly breakouts" and a few scattered blackheads in nasal folds - this remedies all of that and creates a soft and never-dry palette for moisturizer and makeup application.

i bought the small $10 size to try this after reading so many great reviews and mentions in magazines, etc. i don't get it. i've used much more effective scrubs and much nicer gentle facial cleansers. this product does not stand out in any way to me. i didn't see any difference in my skin after using this. i switched from using it on my face to using it on my body and i still just feel like there are so many better products out there and the price of this is unjustified.

Overall, I didn't see any immediate or long-term change in my skin. Scent is pleasant. (A big surprise because I don't like most fragranced products.) The beads are round and not coarse, so this scrub won't hurt or scratch your face. But when I'm washing the stuff off my face, I can't help but think about the added color in this product... I get the feeling it'll make my skin break out. (It hasn't happened, and my skin isn't prone to zits.)

Wonderful stuff. I saw a review that said the beads melted away too fast: to counter this, I apply this product while my face is dry, and rinse it away with water when I'm done. I massage it in gently for up to a minute and I love the buffing effect: just right, and effective without being harsh. It leaves my skin in really nice condition: gleaming, but comfortable; not tight.

I had revolting blackheads for twenty years (I'm 34) and they've vanished in no time thanks to PTR. I also use his glycolic products and my skin's in wonderful shape. Hooray! Thank you Peter Thomas Roth!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this product for several months now and am very pleased. My skin is easily dried out by harsh products and I find this scrub to be extremely gentle. I use it every other day, but I don't see it being a problem for daily use. I massage this for about a minute on my face and slowly and gently the jojoba beads dissolve, leaving skin soft and ever so gently exfoliated. It rinses clean and is very refreshing. Some may find it pricey at $35 but, like others have said, a little goes a long way and this should last the better part of a year (if not longer). Great great value and a definite rave.

on 6/5/2004 5:10:00 PM

I am in Love with this product. It was recommended to me at Sephora and my sister and I took home some vials to try out first since it was kind of expensive. We fell in love... only a tiny bit does the trick. I've used it every day for my Asian skin and there is still so much left! I think it's going to last me a year! This is a good exfoliater, it partially dissolves when being used so that it won't clog your pores. Anything harsher will only scrape your skin and make it thicker and not as soft.

on 3/13/2004 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The Botanical Buffing Beads contain jojoba beads in a blue aloe vera based gel. I like it, but I wish the beads were a little smaller. I prefer my Dermalogica Microfoliant to this, but use this once in a while for more of a physical exfoliation. Revised: This ended up doing nothing for exfoliation. I sold mine on eBay.

on 1/8/2004 9:37:00 PM

I love this product! This has become my HG scrub. It beats Kanebo, LP, UltraC, EL, Chanel, EA and everything else I've tried. It feels very smooth to apply, and I love the way that it slowly lathers up. It doesn't feel as though it would be that effective, but when you rinse it off, your skin is left SILKY smooth and hydrated. Rather than irritating my skin, this product actually seems to calm my skin down. My skin has improved since using it, and I do believe it helps to keep my skin as clear as possible.

on 9/26/2003 9:47:00 PM

Again, a wonderful product from Peter Thomas Roth!! I have used various assortments of facial exfoliants from the celebrated St. Ives Apricot Scrub to Kiehl's Pineapple Scrub to Aveda's chemical exfoliant, and this product exceeds them all.

I prefer to use a somewhat granular formula for an exfoliant so that I can physically feel it working. However, some have been too harsh (I may as well have been rubbing my face with a pumice stone), and others left my face irritated with all the chemicals.

Peter Thomas Roth's Botanical Buffing Beads is a gel-like substance with micro-granules that seem to be cushioned, resulting in a more gentle exfoliant. Immediately after scrubbing my face, my skin feel smoother upon touch, my complexion is more radiant. This is definitely a keeper!