Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.1

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 12/7/2018 5:15:00 PM

HATED this scrub!!! Where do I even start? First off, this was not scrubby at all, I felt like it did absolutely nothing to exfoliate my skin. Since it didn't exfoliate, I started breaking out. Now I hadn't broken out in MONTHS, and then this comes along and ruins that. As another reviewer previously pointed out, there is very little "botanical" in this very chemical scrub. Also the packaging on this sucked. I couldn't control how much product came out! So I either got too much or too little. UGH. I expected so much more from PTR.

on 6/3/2012 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Broke me out. Broke me out. Broke me out. And its not very "botanical" its pretty chemical.

on 4/20/2008 3:22:00 AM

You know how I can tell it wasn't exfoliating for crap? Having been blessed with thick, abundant luxurious hair on my head I have been cursed with the same on my chin. My other standard scrubbing product (Jason Ester C Scrubble) was able to take care of the ingrown hairs on my chin and so I never had any because the scrub would exfoliate the skin and free the trapped hairs. With Mister. Peter blah blah I had so many ingrown hairs on my chin it started to look like a war zone on my face. And for like what, 4 times the price of Mister Jason? I am so getting back together with Jason.

on 12/12/2006 8:17:00 AM

This product just didn't do anything. It has a nice smell and might be good for people with sensitive skin. I need a more powerful/gritty product. It felt like I wash simply washing with a cleanser. I think the PTR aha/bha face and body scrub is much better.

I did not care for this product. I am not sure that I saw any benefits from using it at all. Too much added color and fragrance too. I prefer the PTR face and body AHA scrub much better that this one.

Very expensive product that made my skin break out after one use! Go with DDF's Pumice Acne Scrub- clears skin, scrubs very very good, and you can save 5-10 dollars!

on 3/13/2004 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The Botanical Buffing Beads contain jojoba beads in a blue aloe vera based gel. I like it, but I wish the beads were a little smaller. I prefer my Dermalogica Microfoliant to this, but use this once in a while for more of a physical exfoliation. Revised: This ended up doing nothing for exfoliation. I sold mine on eBay.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really wanted to love this product, and like many other have mentioned the beads feels very gentle and didn't scratch the skin on my face (unlike LUSH's Ocean Salt). However, it did make me break out, I got small bumps on my forehead and my cheeks. At first, I didn't suspect that it was the product that caused me to break out. I therefore used this product at least 5 more times with the same result. I'm also not very impressed with the ingredients of this product, which includes parabens, artificial colors and fragrances.

My friends who use this product rave about it. I can't understand this! I feel like the exfoliation is so minimal that there is no point in spending the time at the sink. I like a more aggressive product. I got little bumps on my chin after using this. I also used other new products at the same time so it might not be PTR BBB.

on 3/16/2008 10:27:00 PM

Good for my body but not my face. It broke me out.
I ll never buy it again as I can find a cheaper one to use on my body and it will do the same job!