Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads

Filtered by age: 25-29
Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads
Botanical Buffing Beads

4.3

Water, Alpha Olefin Sulfonate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Carbomer, Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Disodium Edta, Fragrance, Ultramarine Blue, Blue 1

on 9/6/2011 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been looking for an exfoliator that is gentle enough to use everyday since I have bumpy-textured skin on my forehead and around my nose. My skin is also sensitive. I've tried a lot of different exfoliating products from drugstore to high end brands and they are always far too harsh or drying to use on my skin daily, even if they claim to be gentle enough for daily use. PTR's botanical buffing beads are wonderful! I bought a travel size version of the asian sensation one off ebay to try, and I love it! I use it every evening after washing my face with PTR's gentle foaming cleanser. I dab a bit on and around my nose and on my forehead, where I need the most attention. The smell is lovely and it's such a pleasure to use. The beads don't feel rough or scratchy and a little bit goes a long way. My skin feels super clean and not tight or dry afterwards, just very comfortable and fresh. My skin definitely better now - more clear, even and feels smoother - my pores even look smaller. I have to make sure I wash it off really well because the beads are a little difficult to wash away, but it doesn't take that long and I only use it at night so it doesn't bother me. If you think it would, I would suggest only using it before you shower. Love this - definitely HG!

on 2/10/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this exfoliator because the beads dissolve as you use them, so it is gentle enough to use every day. I have sensitive and acne-prone skin, so usually drugstore exfoliators dry out my skin and exacerbate any breakouts. Yes, it is more expensive than usual, but it's also twice the size of your typical exfoliating product. You only need a very very small amount of the product to see results, so if you're careful about rationing it out, it should last months and months. My husband and I both use it - he loves it even more than I do.

on 7/28/2010 5:43:00 PM

These beads are very gentle on skin and really takes away all the dead surface and even whiteheads.The price is little bit high but you get a huge bottle which last long for me more than a year.ALL PTR products are well worth and great investment for ur beautiful skin.

The price put me off to this initially, but at the rate I'm going through this bottle it will last me long enough to be the most inexpensive scrub I've ever purchased.
I'm not too into manual exfoliation - I need something extremely gentle, just enough to buff away slightly dry patches and bumps, and most products are way too harsh. The level of exfoliation with this feels almost too gentle while you're using it, but the result is soft, smooth skin with no redness or irritation. It is gentle enough for daily use.
As with most scrub products, I use this is the shower to prevent the little scrubbers from hitching a ride in my hair.
Not a life changing product, but a great addition to my skin care routine.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

No strong feelings for this scrub. I have acne prone skin and this doesn't make it better or worse. For me, it is pretty gentle. I can get medieval on my skin and my skin doesn't get irritated. True it is pricey but trust me it lasts a long time. You only need a pea size amount and I been using mine for about six months and the container is still half-full. I don't feel like I would repurchase it for myself but probably when I get older, that might change.

Great great great as a gentle exfoliator. The beads are so perfectly round, and the wash itself smells great and has a nice thick consistency to it. Its gentle enough to use everyday, I like to use it at night before I use my Dior cleanser for oily skin. I exfoliates dead skin and dirt away to make your "treatment" cleanser much more effective.

on 1/30/2009 10:35:00 PM

I was very 'meh' on this product until I developed very very sensitive skin. Now, it's the only exfoliating product I can use--it doesn't cause me to break out or leave my skin red. You might think that you need to press extra hard because the beads are so gentle, but that is NOT the case. That WILL make you red and cause you other problems if you have sensitive skin. The only downside to it is that it tends to stay in your hair/eyebrows if you don't rinse well, so I recommend using it right before going into the shower, so you can just rinse everything out. The bottle design is not really impressive--like Bliss's scrub, this one tends to get stuck and you end up having to clean it out with a toothpick. Overall, a nice product though.

My friends who use this product rave about it. I can't understand this! I feel like the exfoliation is so minimal that there is no point in spending the time at the sink. I like a more aggressive product. I got little bumps on my chin after using this. I also used other new products at the same time so it might not be PTR BBB.

on 5/14/2008 10:49:00 AM

I have tried the original Buffing Beads and the Blemish Buffing Beads and love them both! They are super gentle but do a great job at exfoliating. I use them once or twice a week and love how they make my skin feel. The exfoliating beads are jojoba beads, which are perfectly rounded so they don't tear up your face. The bottle these come in is kind of a pain b/c the opening gets clogged really easy but i just take off the cap to squeeze some out. My bottle has lasted for about 8 months so it really is worth the money. Next I'll try the Anti-Aging Buffing Beads!

i bought the small $10 size to try this after reading so many great reviews and mentions in magazines, etc. i don't get it. i've used much more effective scrubs and much nicer gentle facial cleansers. this product does not stand out in any way to me. i didn't see any difference in my skin after using this. i switched from using it on my face to using it on my body and i still just feel like there are so many better products out there and the price of this is unjustified.