3.8

price range

Reviews

2.0

4 years ago

I picked up one of these, in Stunner, which is labeled as a magenta. It's a really pretty pink color, and I love how it looks, with a lovely pop of color and some nice shine. On my lips it feels a bit sticky, but not gluey, just a bit moisturizing-like with a touch of grip to it, which isn't bad. But wearing it, I am really distracted by the mintiness. I can handle a bit, like you get in some Revlon products, but this is borderline medicinal. I don't dislike mint at all, either, but the tingle is overkill for me. For that reason alone I'm planning on returning it.

About reviewer (366 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

4 years ago

These are damn good... I have smooth talker which I suppose was limited edition but it's thick not sticky and smells like peppermint chocolate good color pay off and would repurchase but they are expensive.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

I absolutely love these lip glosses. They are my absolute favorites for color, feel and staying power. I have bought several tubes of Spark Plug and I have Party Starter as well. Love the minty feeling and the medium intensity of the colors. I will experiment with other glosses but this is the one I will always go back to. Highly recommend.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

from

5 years ago

This is my HG lipgloss. I have very sensitive skin especially my lips and there are few products or brands I can use. Moxie has always kept my lips healthy and moisturized. I have given up on so many high end brands like Chanel and NARS because of the havoc they wreak on my lips. I especially adore the color Party Starter. On my coloring it is a muted but brightening pink. With a light hand it looks like a natural but noticeable pop of color. Like my lips but better and juicier. With a few layers the color becomes more striking. I have received many compliments on the color. While this may claim limp plumping I have never noticed a difference whoever I enjoy the accompanying tingle. Have bought this product many times over and will continue to do so!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry

HairBrunette

1.0
from

7 years ago

I have to agree with the reviewer before me (joy2uandme). I purchased 3 of these Marvelous Moxie lip glosses, and they have ALL been hell on my lips. I plan to return them as soon as I get back to the mall sometime next week. It is very disappointing, because they applied nicely and looked pretty once they were on my lips. I was a little concerned about the minty smell, tho. I researched the ingredients and found that at least 2: peppermint oil and lavender: are both skin irritants. Great. The first day I wore them, there was no irritation. But- I noticed 2 days later that my lips were red & burning, and when I rubbed them together, they felt like they had little tiny bumps on the edges. I had to keep applying Vaseline in order to get some relief! These lip glosses are $18 a pop! That's a lot for a product that is loaded with irritating ingredients! Good thing I bought them from Nordstrom's and saved my receipt so I can get a refund.

About reviewer (1350 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

The colors on this lip gloss sub brand are superb but oh the burn! After 2 wearings my lips were chapped and burning and peeling. This contains menthol, peppermint, cinnamon, lavender and maybe some other irritants and some soothing goodies to counteract but not enough for me. My lips have to have a week to recuperate after a wearing. Yeah I don't doubt lips look plumped when you put this on--it's not an optical illusion--it's an irritation. But how I wanted these to work for me cause the colors are to die for. Damn you Leslie, shakes fist!

About reviewer (1598 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

EyesHazel

3.0

7 years ago

I actually bought the Winter Sample set Cool As Ice and ended up returning it as i was extremely not impressed! The gloss goes on okay with decent color. The issues I had with it were: Feathering, Very drying on lips, Not long lasting, Taste was terrible, and it is overpriced for a bad lip gloss. Sticking with MAC...they are the best! Bobbi Brown comes in second for me

About reviewer (114 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

7 years ago

I like this gloss. A lot. I bought it in Dare Devil on Saturday after initially wanting another Buxom plumping gloss (I like the sting). Sephora was all out and the Bare Minerals at my mall doesn't carry Buxom, so I was sort of S.O.L. there. However, I had seen this gloss on Michelle Phan in her newest video (though, I'm certain she had a lip color on underneath which she slyly didn't reveal the name of because she clearly wasn't advertising it) and figured I'd give it a go. So far, so good. I love the minty smell and cooling, tingling sensation. It does feather a little, but all glosses do on me even with a liner, so that's not surprising. What I really love about this gloss is that unlike every other "plumping" gloss (including the Buxom ones) it actually seems to make my lips appear bigger! It must be the super moisturizing formula mixed with the mirror shine gloss causing my pout to look pucker perfect or something. I adore it! As I said, it's super moisturizing. I don't even wear a balm with it - it's just insanely hydrating on its own. The color (Dare Devil, as I mentioned before) leaves a gorgeous MLBB finish which seems to stay behind a tad even after the bulk of the gloss is gone. I love that, seeing as my lips have no real pigment of their own. As far as staying power, it's alright. I reapply a couple times a day, but usually only after eating or drinking. It seems to withstand talking and laughing and all that pretty well. It's not sticky - it's thick, but very comfortable. I tend to like a sticky gloss because they are longer lasting, but this formula rivals every sticky gloss I've ever used in terms of staying power, so that's pretty great. It's a little pricey (though cheaper it seems at Bare Minerals than Sephora), but I don't mind since this is near HG status for me. Oh, and let's discuss the packaging. The elongated, angled doe-foot style applicator is wonderful. Coats my entire lip in one pass, which is nice. I don't like small applicators even though my lips are quite small. The appearance of the packaging is nice and simple which is always a plus to me. I like glass containers for lip gloss because they feel classier to me than plastic. Over all, I really love this gloss. I will definitely repurchase this color and also get myself one in every other color because to me (and to my usually bone-dry lips), it's totally worth it.

About reviewer (514 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

7 years ago

I got this product in the November Ipsy Glam Bag, and I love it! I have it in Dare Devil, and it's incredibly pigmented. The wand shape is great for precision in the cupid's bow.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I really love this lip gloss! I got this gloss at a great price ($11) and I also bought it in Smooth Talker. I don't think the coral is as bright as it could be and sometimes I get some build-up right between my upper and lower lip when I apply. I feel like I have to rub and rub to get it all smoothed out. I get the same thing with Stila glosses (so I removed a lippie for that), With two coats, I get a nice pink/coral color so the color is buildable. It isn't sticky and it lasts for quite a while as long as you don't eat. It does have a slight tingle, but it's nothing like the Buxom glosses. I much prefer the tingle of this gloss over the Buxom line. I would repurchase this because it's hard to find glosses that aren't super sticky and that last a long time!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age19-24