Maybelline Luminous Lights Expertwear Eyeshadow Palette-Lavender Lights

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

3.5

on 12/31/2012 6:40:00 PM

Not the best, but I like it alright. the colors are pretty but don't show up nearly as well as I would like them too.
Comes with a white, a light gold, a copper, and a tannish color.
Very pretty shades, just not dark enough and don't last very long. I probably would buy this again until I find darker versions of the colors!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybelline has 4 Luminous Lights Eyeshadow Palettes-Lavender Lights, Rose Lights, Opal Lights & Gold Lights. All soft, shimmery looking shades. Each palette has a larger base color, 2 small pans of color marked for lid & crease & then another larger pan of color that is marked as liner. It was under $5 for the palette & I had a $1 off coupon, so I picked up the Lavender Lights. The base color is a creamy white, lid is a medium pink, crease is a mauve & the liner shade is a medium taupe color. Not really a lavender color in the palette, but 4 soft usuable shades. I didn't really expect a lot of pigment out of these & I was right. These colors would be gorgeous if they had more actual color to them. None of them are deep enough to use as a contour for the crease & with all of them having the same amount of shimmer that wouldn't really work well anyway. The liner color is too light & shimmery to define the lash line. They are pretty shades if you just want a very soft look & then you can add other tones from your regular palettes for contouring & lining. I may pick up the other palettes. They are worth $3-4. Just don't expect to do anything dramatic with them.