Maybelline Luminous Lights Expertwear Eyeshadow Palette-Lavender Lights

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/15/2012 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really thought I'd like this based on the ad and reviews. I got this in Gold Lights and haven't experienced worse pigmentation in eye shadow, ever. I thought with my tan the colors would show up well, but I was wrong. This product is just way too wishy washy for me. I did like one color in the pan, the coppery color supposedly used for "liner", but I instead pack it on my lid. The "crease" color is a complete joke, IMO. It's a cheap gold-brown which does nothing in terms of defining as it barely shows up! I'm a bit surprised I hated this so much since I've really liked Maybelline's EyeStudio quads as well as their 24 hr tattoo cream shadows. I would say my main gripe is these don't even leave a pretty sparkle at all, at least on me. I assumed it would give some color with a "luminosity" but I get nothing. Very poor, IMO. I gave it to a friend who doesn't like color intense eye makeup and prefers simple washes of color. This is exactly what this is....washes of color with no buildability.