NARS Foreplay Cheek Palette

NARS Foreplay Cheek Palette

on 3/17/2014 6:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've a love hate relationship with Orgasm blush. I do like it but sometimes I feel it's a bit too shimmery. Having said that I ended up getting this palette and it works well for me. It's nice having the smaller Orgasm blush and the other two colours separately and they all seem to work for my skin tone. The one thing I don't seem to care for is the highlighter which doesn't look too bad in the Orgasm blush itself but doesn't really work for me on it's own as a highlighter . I much prefer copacabana myself as it's much more flattering for my slightly cooler skin tone.

this is the first NARS product i've ever had, and when I received it from a very good friend as birthday present i was VERY excited! There is a very good selection of colours, including a highlight in this palette. I am quite pale with pinky undertones, and i feel that some of the colours such as the almost neon pink and the golden highlight colour would be easier to wear on tanned skin, however i have still find ways to wear them and they are beautiful! All the colours are top quality and very highly pigmented. My favourite of the four has got to be Orgasm, which luckily is the biggest in the palette and is a permanent colour at NARS so i will definitely be repurchasing that as i have worn it everyday since owning it! Although normally i am drawn to matte products, which the other two in the palette are, i love this blush because it isn't your typical girly fresh pink blush, and i think the colour compliments my green eyes well, the golden shimmer also makes a nice highlight. There other two blushes, are sadly very small making them slightly difficult to use on a big blush brush, however when i have managed it they are lovely!! I would recommend splurging on this palette as it offers an array of different cheek colours to experiment with, and i love it!

on 7/31/2012 6:27:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is a cute little palette, and I do mean little. I shouldnt have bought it, didnt need it, but was intrigued by the idea of the colors that make up orgasm broken down into three colors to play with. Regarding the colors- I already have orgasm blush, the bright pink looks just like a couple other colors I already have, the gold is useless to me since i look better in a white toned highlighter than a gold toned one, and the red--- aah the red--- the real reason I got this palette....well it looked really pretty on me -a nice out in the cold flush- just what you want in the middle of summer-lol. but seriously it looked good and i have been searching a long time for the perfect red blush to suit me- most of the ones ive tried are way too bright and/or too hard to blend. but this one was easy to blend and the color was just what i was looking for. almost considered keeping this palette solely for the red color but then as luck would have it the day after i bought it i received a package in the mail from a lovely swapper with another blush that was identical to it so i am keeping that blush and returning this palette. it was fun to play with and i know alot of people will love it but i am not one of them.

on 7/30/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Fair skinned, nc/nw 07-10.

This is my first encounter with Nars Orgasm. I can see Clearly why it is a cult classic. I am in love with this peachy color. The shimmer is wonderful in my opinion, if you are wanting a shimmer without huge flakes of glitter. It is looks dewy to me, even though it is a powder. Application, smooth, almost creamy. Dream like to blend. Works amazingly well on my skin type.

Packaging, is in my style. Thank you, for not including some useless compact brush of any kind.

Price... Honestly, I think this palette should be at LEAST twice the size for the price. $49 at Sephora for only 10 grams of product...ehh... not sure it is worth that much. Don't get me wrong the other three colors besides orgasm are just as wonderful. REALLY just as wonderful. I like the gold as a highlighter, and the orange and pink for the apples or for a more dramatic application of the blush as a whole. But the price is so steep, I might just get orgasm alone next time and look for singles (if they exists) or dupes of the other colors.

::edited::
I no longer wear blush, or any product containing talc. Though this is full of beautiful colors.