Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

4.8

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HOLY GRAIL!! I have oily/combo/acne prone skin, and this works like a charm. No colour, no white cast in pictures, just a beautiful matte look. The packaging is so sleek and slim, I love a plain black packaging, reminds me of NARS packaging. This keeps me matte and is an amazing blotting powder when needed. Super cheap for what this is, but sadly you can't find any of the Neutrogena makeup line in Canada. Over all, amaaaaazing product, I suggest giving it a try

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm a guy so who loves to perfect my skin, and this does that. It has an extremely natural and blendable color, because I put it on and it covers up my acne and dark spots, which I thought was weird for non makeup. My skin is oily and this lasts long enough to last through 2 hours of intermediate exercise (I sweat a lot) and a remaining 6 hours of school. Which I thought was astonishing, and I only only spend like 5 minutes a applying it. The only bothering things in my opinion which I find about is: 1. The mirror sucks and it's better to use another one 2. The cotton pad it comes with clumps the powder up on my skin and makes it all horrible and very difficult to fix, so I use a makeup brush instead3. You need to be close to a window to get natural light because I noticed it leaves excess powder over your face which I couldn't see until I got close to a window. But overall the problems are fixable and I absolutely love this product (sorry for the long review).

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

HG blotting powder that actually does what is advertised CONTROLS OIL. Makes my foundation look fabulous and not cake up! I am getting pretty sick and tired of all the cosmetics and skincare products that say they do something that they do not do! This is powder is amazing and cheap, what more could you ask for?!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have oily skin and wanted a powder to take that away without make me break out or look cakey. this product is amazing. it does everything it says. I'm not sure if it last for 8 hours but I'm pretty sure its somewhere close to that. definetly will buy again!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is an update. This powder is my holy grail!!! This is a dupe for Urban Decays De-slick oil control powder, I believe. The compact is so sleek and comes with a nice mirror. I do wish the packaging had more color though. I am going to bring it with me to a full week of camp starting tomorrow in the hot weather and ill see how it preforms, so ill post another review the end of next week. On a day like every day, it controls oil for a good bit! I am very tan and this stuff is truly invisible. matte, soft focus finish. Apply it using a brush, and you'll be good to go! (Only use the puff it came with in emergencies when u hav nothing else!) will repurchase. This is my second compact of this wonderful stuff.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Putting make up on in the morning started to depress me. Getting older has come with even more oily skin then i originally had. I dont wear foundation, but I needed something to control the shine. I have been using this powder for about two weeks. I love it in the morning. It is a transparent powder. it controls my shine. It doesnt last all day, but it does the job. I no longer am a mirrior 24/7. I definitely reccomend this product and i will be buying it again! Thanks Nutrogena!

I was pleasantly surprised with this powder! It has recently become apart of my everyday makeup routine. It's perfect for setting pretty much any kind of makeup; from just a few spots of concealer, to layering full-coverage foundation. And it absorbs all my T-zone oil in seconds. My only concern is that this powder only comes in an ivory color. I have olive-tan skin and its fine for me because its so sheer but i don't know, maybe if you have really dark skin it might be a problem. One other thing, the stupid puff. it looks like a tiny stale pancake and its nearly impossible to pick up, let alone dab on your face. so get rid of it and use a fluffy powder brush. other than that, its awesome:D

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I think I found my ideal shine control powder. I always get oily all over by midday and tend to look greasy, so I do need to have a shine control powder on hand everyday. These are some of the powders that I've tried in the past.
1. MUFE HD - works good at setting my makeup and providing maybe 30 minutes of shine control. But, it doesn't have long lasting effects. Plus, it doesn't travel well since it can be messy. I do appreciate this powder before applying my foundations to provide a matte canvas and it seems to work better for me this way.
2. MAC Blot - Works fantastic at controlling oil. However, it gives me a lot of clogged pores. So, I can't use this.
3. Maybelline Dream Matte - Another powder with great blotting power however it gives too much coverage for my taste and the packaging is atrocious.
4. Laura Geller - The most poor quality chalky powder I have ever encountered.
So, the list goes on to say the least but the train stops here at Neutrogena! I like that this powder is actually translucent on my NC40 skin. It doesn't leave behind ghost face but I hate the puffer they provided with this powder, it is very thin and the cotton is linty leaving behind lint balls on your face. I like to use a travel kabuki brush with this and it gives a better finish. I also find that this kept me shine free for hours and it doesn't make my foundation look cakey, very amazing if you ask me! Also, no clogged pores or breakouts from this lovely powder. Lastly, I love the packaging! The compact is built well and sturdy. The notch to close the powder, closes the lid snug so it won't snap open in your purse. I also love how the packaging is sleek and matte black. This powder is $12.99 USD and sold at most retailers.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I HAVE COMBO/EXTREMELY OILY SKIN. THIS DEFINITELY HELPS WITH THE OIL and it doesn't do anything negative to my skin. So I really like this powder. I will repurchase.

[update]
Wow I'm really loving this powder. It really takes care of my shine and my oily face. It doesn't make my face cakey or anything. Just matte and very natural.