Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wish this worked better for me - but it does work for a few hours - maybe 2-3 max. I understand that most of these types of products aren't meant to last all day, and maybe because this isn't the only product I put on my face something else it keeping it from working for longer, but for the price I would like it to work for atleast half of my work day. Instead, I find myself reapplying every time I use the bathroom because I look in the mirror and see the shine. By the end of the day, if I've been swamped and haven't had time to reapply, I am oily to a grossness level, which sucks because I use their foundation & primer too.

Again, could be another product I'm using, but for me this only lasts a few hours at best.

Let me start off by saying I have the most sensitive,acne prone, problem skin you could imagine!ive tried every setting powder on the market high end low end you name it ! And this is by far the best, my skin get extremely shiny in my tzone no matter what I put on it, mattifying primer, foundation everything always gets oily but this is a life saver. I have my makeup on from 7am-6pm and didn't even blot once! But this is great to throw in your bag just to touchup in certain areas , doesn't look cakey or change the color of your foundation AMAZING , is a little expensive for the drugstore but this is the besttttt and it doesn't break me out and EVERYTHING does get this!

Absolutely adore this translucent powder for daily touch-ups. I have an extremely oily t-zone, but my skin is also prone to dryness becasue of topical acne treatments from the derm. This absorbs the oil, leaving NO trace of white residue and doesn't dry out my skin. It doesn't alter the color or take away from whatever foundation I'm wearing. I've used this product for over a year now. I won't leave home without it if I'm wearing makeup.

I rarely leave reviews but thought I would add one to rave about a product that I've used consistently for over a year, which is nearly unheardof for me. This powder is extremely good at controlling oil without overdrying skin and doesn't leave a white cast on skin although it is primarily white in color. I am on my second compact because the first one broke into a million powdery pieces without me even dropping it, so we'll see how this second one lasts. So far so good. I do not tend to go through the powder very quickly so had it not broken, my first compact could have lasted well over 6 months. I didn't hesitate to re-purchase since the price of this product is pretty reasonable, especially if you can find it on sale at your local drugstore or use a coupon at Ulta to purchase. I use this product to blot throughout the day. I keep it in my purse and apply with a retractable brush so that it doesn't look cakey. My skin is pretty normal but can get oily during the day depending on weather and humidity. As mentioned, the powder is very translucent. I am a MAC NC40-42 & have no issues with this powder changing my foundation color or making me look ghostly white. Does what it says, doesn't break me out, and is relatively cheap. Will continue to use & re-purchase until something else catches my eye. HG blotting powder!

I dont wanna jinx anything yet but this is my HG product so far! I have never used a pressed powder before but i needed something for my shine and also to set my bb cream and prime my bronzer. This is amazing im shocked how well it curbs the shine. The price is worth it even tho its like $13 for a powder... Anyway the packaging is decent and it goes quick with daily use, so u will be seeing powder on the mirror and the outside lol. Use a large brush and u will be set. Hope this helps someone. Btw it has rice protein that i guess soaks up the oil/shine but it doesnt cause breakouts. If anything it might prevent it?... Good luck ladies

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product it's amazing. Had to be reapplied in the middle of the day. Way too expensive

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Pros: great packaging. slim, not chunky, nice sized mirror
doesn't look cakey or ashy on my dark skin
Cons: made my face itchy and i had to stop using it cause of that.
didn't control the oil as much as i expected and i dont have excessively oily skin. just t-zone oil
a little pricey for drugstore, cost me about 13 bucks.

All in all, I would have liked this a little more if I didn't have such a weird reaction. Made my face red and itchy and had to wash it off after like 15 mins of it being on my face. Stopped using it and my face was ok after that. I prefer my Neutrogena mineral sheers powder more cause it works better with my skin, controls the oil and also gives me a little bit of coverage. I would definitely not repurchase this one though. Sorry! :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin, and this is one of the best oil-controlling pressed powders I've ever used. I have been using Estee Lauder Double Matte pressed powder for many years, and it did a pretty good job of controlling my oil for most of my day at work. When Neutrogena came out with this product, I was running very low on my EL powder, so I thought I'd give it a chance. The price is a little steep for a drugstore powder in my opinion, and I really wasn't expecting much out of this powder. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it controlled my oil and kept me shine-free even longer than my EL powder did! In my opinion, this is the best product in Neutrogena's Shine Control line; I was not impressed with the gritty foundation or primer from this line. I would recommend the pressed powder to anyone with oily skin, and I will definitely be repurchasing it for myself. The only con with this product for me is the cheap, flimsy puff that comes with it. I always end up tossing it in the trash and replacing it with a better puff.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I like this product a lot. I've been using it for about a week and it seems to work pretty well. It definitely does not last 8 hours, though. I still need to use the powder every hour or two to keep my face looking matte. I don't use foundation but this powder does not seem to turn my face overly white or anything. I am not sure if my face is really that oily, though - maybe it is just so dry that it gets shiny, and that is why I can never find anything to keep my matte :\ I also agree that the puff that comes with this compact is a piece of crap - you'd think they'd provide something better for a compact that costs so much. Overall, though, I like this compact. I'd buy it again.