Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.1

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I would say that this powder is pretty good and does control oil. I wouldn't say it's omg hg because it is a little bit chalkier than I'm used to. I think the best way to appy this is BEFORE your powder foundation on your oily areas. This is so you don't have a white cast and I think controls oil better that way. Overall good powder!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I just bought this after seeing the positive reviews on MUA. I've used other Physicians formula powders for my sensitive skin, and this powder is like theirs, in that it is talc-free.

First try: After wearing this at work a full day (just the powder, no foundation etc..) - I noticed about 1-2 hours in - it does NOT handle my shine very well at all, if applying it with a powder brush. I think my Physician's Formula talc-free powder does a little better job - just because it gives some coverage compared to this translucent shade, if you want to just wear powder. My nose was shiny after about an hour. My forehead handled a little better. Since wearing no base foundation, I have found that this stuff really IS sheer.

Second try: I tried this over foundation to see if it would work a bit better at controlling shine? NOPE, if applying with a brush again. I dusted some of this on my T-zone after applying light foundation all over my face to even out skin tone - and the powder on my nose lasted not even 20 minutes. I had shine right back. My forehead is okay - but my nose just didn't hold at ALL.

Third: Am trying this again using Burt's Bees BB cream (love) and this over - and it's working well. I'm applying it with a small foundation brush, just tapping the powder on the spots that need oil control. My nose is the worst - nothing ever seems to control the oil there - but everywhere else seems really good. I do love applying this powder with a small brush - its easy to touch up and doesn't leave a mess all over (like ELF).

I've also found that this isn't near as "white" over my BB cream vs. ELF's HD powder. Both are translucent, but Neutrogena's is a little better.

+++++++++
EDIT: knocked a lippy off after trying E.L.F.'s High Def powder in sheer for $6.00 (compared to the $15 I spent on this stuff) - ELF is a bit better, but cheaper, and controls my shine just as welll, but I dislike the powder mess of ELF. Up and down if I'd repurchase this because it's so $$$.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very light powder that goes on translucent or "invisible" according to the packaging. This did break on me a few times in my purse so I started using it at home only and had no further breakage. It did help my oiliness stay at bay a bit and was even a good undereye setting powder. I won't buy again due to price. I think my Maybelline Matte powder or the Rimmel Stay Matte work just as well for my oil and they're cheaper.

I love this powder. I have oily skin and this helps me stay matte for almost 10 hours! The finished look isn't powdery or cakey at all! This is my HG powder :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am oilier than Kuwait during the first Gulf war. Like a duck after the Exxon Valdez accident, or your average McDonals deep frier.

I've tried almost every oil control method under the sun- primers, powders, any makeup product geared towards or designed for oily skinned people. Physical sunscreen has helped a lot, but a mattifying powder is absolute necessity.

I found this looking for a cheaper alternative to Tarte smooth operator finishing powder, which is balls to the walls, but painfully pricy. Neutrogena makes a stunning oil control product that compares equally in its ability to mattify. I find I have to blot only twice or three times per day rather than 10 or more with other powders. It has a light finish and never cakes.

I am pleasantly surprised by this and will continue to repurchase. $11 or $12 is totally worth it, especially for people struggling with oil control.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've had oily skin since for 30 years. This is hands down the best powder I've ever bought. I apply ulta double duty foundation and then apply neutrogena powder with a brush once I shine up and I'm good for rest of the day. If i apply it first thung n morningthen i usually reapply once during the day. I'm so glad I bought this on a whim and for $12 it's such a great deal. Use a brush for best application or the oil on the pad will gunk it up.

This is a really great product. It really does get rid of shine but it doesnt look white or powdery at all. It works best with a makeup brush apposed to the little puff thing it comes with. I use this in combination with my Aveeno tinted moisturizer and its the perfect duo. This is the one of few makeup items that i cant live without!

This is just a regular translucent powder. It does control shine well BUT its very chunky and doesnt blend very well on my skin, making it feel dry and look flaky. Its also pretty expensive for a drugstore powder..

I wont buy again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was nicely surprised by this product! I've used a lot of powders that were much more expensive than this one and I saw no results. I was on the hunt for a new one and I picked this one up, not expecting much. At the very first second I opened it and i put it on the little pad that's included, I began to regret buying this, because it wasn't "invisible" looking, at ALL! When it was on my skin, it actually was pretty visible and i had to smooth it out for a little for it to disappear. I was really not expecting much from this, until at 4:00 pm, i went to the bathroom and looked at my face. There was basically no shine! My skin looked wonderful! There was a dewy look, but it was a good dewy. My skin looked natural, not cakey, and not overly oily at all. The only thing i don't like about this is the color of the powder, really, but it really is pretty great. If you have oily skin and you're wondering about a powder or something to keep your shine under control, this isn't a bad idea. It's very reasonably priced, too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder is awesome at controlling oil. I took one lippie off because it contains parabens and I've been trying to use natural makeup. Other than that product is wonderful!