Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.5

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great oil controlling powder for people with oily skin. It instantly mattifies your face, and minimizes your pores. I've tried MAC blot powder on one side of my face, and this on the other. Although it came pretty close between the two, I thought this powder did a slightly better job at controlling oil, at least for 4 hours, but maybe variable depending on how oily your skin is. I've also tried Maybelline's dream matte powder and shine control powder, but those didn't mattify as long as this powder did. There is also no fragrance, which is important for me.
In terms of packaging, it comes with a foamy white sponge and a large mirror. I do like the sleek black packaging, which is more attractive than other drugstore pressed powders, especially since the cap isn't clear.
The only con I can think of is if you layer it on too heavily at once, it can leave a white cast, but as long as you blend it out, it's translucent.
Overall, this product is worth a try, and I will be purchasing again!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I think I found my ideal shine control powder. I always get oily all over by midday and tend to look greasy, so I do need to have a shine control powder on hand everyday. These are some of the powders that I've tried in the past.
1. MUFE HD - works good at setting my makeup and providing maybe 30 minutes of shine control. But, it doesn't have long lasting effects. Plus, it doesn't travel well since it can be messy. I do appreciate this powder before applying my foundations to provide a matte canvas and it seems to work better for me this way.
2. MAC Blot - Works fantastic at controlling oil. However, it gives me a lot of clogged pores. So, I can't use this.
3. Maybelline Dream Matte - Another powder with great blotting power however it gives too much coverage for my taste and the packaging is atrocious.
4. Laura Geller - The most poor quality chalky powder I have ever encountered.
So, the list goes on to say the least but the train stops here at Neutrogena! I like that this powder is actually translucent on my NC40 skin. It doesn't leave behind ghost face but I hate the puffer they provided with this powder, it is very thin and the cotton is linty leaving behind lint balls on your face. I like to use a travel kabuki brush with this and it gives a better finish. I also find that this kept me shine free for hours and it doesn't make my foundation look cakey, very amazing if you ask me! Also, no clogged pores or breakouts from this lovely powder. Lastly, I love the packaging! The compact is built well and sturdy. The notch to close the powder, closes the lid snug so it won't snap open in your purse. I also love how the packaging is sleek and matte black. This powder is $12.99 USD and sold at most retailers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is probably best for us gals with oily skin. It does NOT add color and is meant to be used over a foundation or tinted moisturizer or just to reduce shine, but if you over-apply, it can look a bit chalky so if you try to "build" coverage with this you will turn white. I use a light dusting of it over my foundation and it really does control the oil. I recommend pitching the JOKE of a "puff" that comes with it and using a brush. I'm not sure I would repurchase this because although it is somewhat oil-controlling, it's nothing special..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I HAVE COMBO/EXTREMELY OILY SKIN. THIS DEFINITELY HELPS WITH THE OIL and it doesn't do anything negative to my skin. So I really like this powder. I will repurchase.

[update]
Wow I'm really loving this powder. It really takes care of my shine and my oily face. It doesn't make my face cakey or anything. Just matte and very natural.