Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily

3.8

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Left my skin with a strong white cast and was not at all what I would call translucent.
It did not control my oil and it felt heavy on my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wish this worked better for me - but it does work for a few hours - maybe 2-3 max. I understand that most of these types of products aren't meant to last all day, and maybe because this isn't the only product I put on my face something else it keeping it from working for longer, but for the price I would like it to work for atleast half of my work day. Instead, I find myself reapplying every time I use the bathroom because I look in the mirror and see the shine. By the end of the day, if I've been swamped and haven't had time to reapply, I am oily to a grossness level, which sucks because I use their foundation & primer too.

Again, could be another product I'm using, but for me this only lasts a few hours at best.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried to like this stuff.. but couldn't. Its also too light for me. I wish there were some other way to use this but on my skin shade..it makes me look white. And thats not cool.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this to set my foundation when I don't feel like dealing with the messy packaging of my Holy Grail Palladio Loose Rice Powder or if I'm rushing & don't have the time to. I do feel like it keeps me matte for a good while & the packaging is so convenient for travel/touch ups. This is my Holy Grail Pressed Powder. I am a long time lover of transparent powders because I feel as though they are easier to work with & you don't have to try to find your shade which can be very difficult in a powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the powder. I have used it for a while since it first came out. But lately with the past two compacts I've used, I begin to have concern. As the powder ran thin in the center and the metal plate below the powder became exposed I see a black color on my cotton pad applicator mixed in with the powder on the pad. Of coarse I suspected the exposed metal plate below holding the powder. I removed all the powder from the compact and wiped a cotton ball all around on that metal plate. the cotton ball came up with a dark thick amount of black stuff on it.
What I want to know is what is this metal plate holding the powder we put on our faces made of. Lead? made in china? What? Neutrogena company had no answer for me when I called them. I bought three 3 compacts all at the same time and they all have them same lot number on them. I am now on the second of these three compacts and fear the third will be the same.
A waste of money and scary.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am oilier than Kuwait during the first Gulf war. Like a duck after the Exxon Valdez accident, or your average McDonals deep frier.

I've tried almost every oil control method under the sun- primers, powders, any makeup product geared towards or designed for oily skinned people. Physical sunscreen has helped a lot, but a mattifying powder is absolute necessity.

I found this looking for a cheaper alternative to Tarte smooth operator finishing powder, which is balls to the walls, but painfully pricy. Neutrogena makes a stunning oil control product that compares equally in its ability to mattify. I find I have to blot only twice or three times per day rather than 10 or more with other powders. It has a light finish and never cakes.

I am pleasantly surprised by this and will continue to repurchase. $11 or $12 is totally worth it, especially for people struggling with oil control.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've had oily skin since for 30 years. This is hands down the best powder I've ever bought. I apply ulta double duty foundation and then apply neutrogena powder with a brush once I shine up and I'm good for rest of the day. If i apply it first thung n morningthen i usually reapply once during the day. I'm so glad I bought this on a whim and for $12 it's such a great deal. Use a brush for best application or the oil on the pad will gunk it up.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin. 10 minutes after I put on my makeup, my skin is oily. I have to constantly blot and reapply powder throughout the day which is very annoying. Until I found this powder! I love it!! I've tried tons of powders, and this is by far the best one if you have really oily skin like mine. I'm so glad I found this. I put this on once in the morning, and that's it. I don't need to constantly reapply it throughout the day like I found myself doing with other powders I have purchased in the past. I really hope Neutrogena never discontinues this product. Best thing ever for oily skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great oil controlling powder for people with oily skin. It instantly mattifies your face, and minimizes your pores. I've tried MAC blot powder on one side of my face, and this on the other. Although it came pretty close between the two, I thought this powder did a slightly better job at controlling oil, at least for 4 hours, but maybe variable depending on how oily your skin is. I've also tried Maybelline's dream matte powder and shine control powder, but those didn't mattify as long as this powder did. There is also no fragrance, which is important for me.
In terms of packaging, it comes with a foamy white sponge and a large mirror. I do like the sleek black packaging, which is more attractive than other drugstore pressed powders, especially since the cap isn't clear.
The only con I can think of is if you layer it on too heavily at once, it can leave a white cast, but as long as you blend it out, it's translucent.
Overall, this product is worth a try, and I will be purchasing again!