Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.9

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff sucked for me. I bought it to keep in my purse for touch-ups, as I am quite oily. Any time I used it, it felt dry, cakey, chalky and gave a whitish cast. The product itself seemed to be hard and dry and not "buttery" at all, the way a face powder should feel. I found that it went on patchy and clung to any flakes I might have. I can usually find some use or redeeming quality about most products I try, but this went in the trash. Good riddance.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very light powder that goes on translucent or "invisible" according to the packaging. This did break on me a few times in my purse so I started using it at home only and had no further breakage. It did help my oiliness stay at bay a bit and was even a good undereye setting powder. I won't buy again due to price. I think my Maybelline Matte powder or the Rimmel Stay Matte work just as well for my oil and they're cheaper.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

What a great powder! After trying the CoverGirl Oil Control Pressed Powder and hating it, I did my research and found this gem. It comes in one translucent color for all skin tones, and costs about $12 at Ulta. I love that I can wear this by itself or over bb cream. I have VERY oily, clog-prone skin, but I trust Neutrogena and this kept the shine away and didn't break me out! I love that it's non-comedogenic. It lasts for about 4-5 hours before the shine starts coming through, but it never cakes up or gets splotchy as it breaks down. Even though it's translucent, I never get a white cast, but I'm pale so maybe that's why. I use a powder brush (not the sponge it comes with), and just swirl it on. It doesn't look chalky or powdery, and not too matte. I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

To be honest, I find myself having difficulty reviewing something like powder because I always wear it in conjunction with liquid foundation and vice versa, ALWAYS, so I can never tell if it's the powder or the foundation that's doing the job. Let me start with the packaging. I love that it does come with a mirror so it's great for on the go touch-ups. I'm fair-medium in skin tone and the color of the powder actually fits me really well, even though, yes it's supposed to be 'invisible'. I like that it covers my pores and keeps me shine free for a good chunk of the day, I would say. I can be pretty heavy handed with my application of powder and I like that it doesn't look obvious when I tend to go overboard with my powdering. I also like that it feels lightweight on the skin. I have nothing bad to say about it, so yeah, I think I like this product and would considering buying it again.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm a guy so who loves to perfect my skin, and this does that. It has an extremely natural and blendable color, because I put it on and it covers up my acne and dark spots, which I thought was weird for non makeup. My skin is oily and this lasts long enough to last through 2 hours of intermediate exercise (I sweat a lot) and a remaining 6 hours of school. Which I thought was astonishing, and I only only spend like 5 minutes a applying it. The only bothering things in my opinion which I find about is: 1. The mirror sucks and it's better to use another one 2. The cotton pad it comes with clumps the powder up on my skin and makes it all horrible and very difficult to fix, so I use a makeup brush instead3. You need to be close to a window to get natural light because I noticed it leaves excess powder over your face which I couldn't see until I got close to a window. But overall the problems are fixable and I absolutely love this product (sorry for the long review).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

All I can say is HG, HG, HG!! I love this product. I can't say enough good things about it. I have oily skin and find that most powders don't last on me and I get oily by the end of the day. However when I use this powder, just applying to where I get very oily, I stay matte the whole day. You only need a little bit and it can last you for quite a long time! I've had mine for about 6 months and I haven't hit pan yet even though I use it everyday. I would recommend this to anyone with oily skin. Holy grail.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have oily skin and wanted a powder to take that away without make me break out or look cakey. this product is amazing. it does everything it says. I'm not sure if it last for 8 hours but I'm pretty sure its somewhere close to that. definetly will buy again!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love this product it's amazing. Had to be reapplied in the middle of the day. Way too expensive

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is an update. This powder is my holy grail!!! This is a dupe for Urban Decays De-slick oil control powder, I believe. The compact is so sleek and comes with a nice mirror. I do wish the packaging had more color though. I am going to bring it with me to a full week of camp starting tomorrow in the hot weather and ill see how it preforms, so ill post another review the end of next week. On a day like every day, it controls oil for a good bit! I am very tan and this stuff is truly invisible. matte, soft focus finish. Apply it using a brush, and you'll be good to go! (Only use the puff it came with in emergencies when u hav nothing else!) will repurchase. This is my second compact of this wonderful stuff.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Putting make up on in the morning started to depress me. Getting older has come with even more oily skin then i originally had. I dont wear foundation, but I needed something to control the shine. I have been using this powder for about two weeks. I love it in the morning. It is a transparent powder. it controls my shine. It doesnt last all day, but it does the job. I no longer am a mirrior 24/7. I definitely reccomend this product and i will be buying it again! Thanks Nutrogena!