Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.1

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I love love love this powder, my ultimate drug store setting powder by far. Works great for the under eye area and my concealer won't crease at all, also brightens there a bit. If i use it sparingly around my face with a powder brush it won't leave any white colour at all, then again I'm pale. If I only use a bit though it really is colorless as far as I can tell. It really leaves me matte even over the summertime and it's definitely buildable, great for quick touch ups. Doesn't cake up or settle into fine lines (for me anyway, I don't have many) but I can see how it can for more mature, dry skin. I recommend this to anyone with oily skin. This product also doesn't clog my pores or break me out. It's a bit too drying for the wintertime, which is fine because I don't need it this time of year. Overall I love this product and I like the mirror and puff pad, very helpful for on the go.

This powder is amazing but with limitations, I'm a men with super oily skin in summer and combination in winter, so I understend that men's skin is even olier than womens but this powder just provided more control than others I've tried, it's almost translucent (not that translucent like MAC prep & prime transparent finish) it will leave a slighly white cast if you don't blend well with a brush, because the thin buff that comes with the product it's just a big no. But in a overall keeps shine at bay for a few hours and I need to reaply properly 3 times at day in summer after a paper blotting.
If you're a men and need some powder but don't want to look like you have makeup this is a good choice. Get yourselt a powder blush and you got it, just be gentle and don't over apply.

My skin oils blend with some powders after at least an hour of wear and create a nice dewy, almost poreless, look. These are the type of powders I enjoy because some others blend with my oils and become blotchy or just plain oily. Once this nice dewy look appears I get a few hours of it before it becomes just oily. However with this powder the dewy look lasted seven hours (I removed it so I don't know if it would have lasted longer) and didn't venture into greasy/oily territory. If I want to become matte again then I'll use the powder again and the dew will disappear, but I like the healthy radiant appearance dew gives to me. I apply this with a fluffy powder brush from target (Up and Up) and take a smaller travel powder brush for on the go. Using the sponge/puff provided is too difficult for me because it applies too much and it is hard to blend the white into my medium/tan skin. I imagine it would be fine if you are fair. So I have to make sure the brush I use is not to dense so that I can pick up a small amount, but it's the perfect amount for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HOLY GRAIL!! I have oily/combo/acne prone skin, and this works like a charm. No colour, no white cast in pictures, just a beautiful matte look. The packaging is so sleek and slim, I love a plain black packaging, reminds me of NARS packaging. This keeps me matte and is an amazing blotting powder when needed. Super cheap for what this is, but sadly you can't find any of the Neutrogena makeup line in Canada. Over all, amaaaaazing product, I suggest giving it a try

I rarely leave reviews but thought I would add one to rave about a product that I've used consistently for over a year, which is nearly unheardof for me. This powder is extremely good at controlling oil without overdrying skin and doesn't leave a white cast on skin although it is primarily white in color. I am on my second compact because the first one broke into a million powdery pieces without me even dropping it, so we'll see how this second one lasts. So far so good. I do not tend to go through the powder very quickly so had it not broken, my first compact could have lasted well over 6 months. I didn't hesitate to re-purchase since the price of this product is pretty reasonable, especially if you can find it on sale at your local drugstore or use a coupon at Ulta to purchase. I use this product to blot throughout the day. I keep it in my purse and apply with a retractable brush so that it doesn't look cakey. My skin is pretty normal but can get oily during the day depending on weather and humidity. As mentioned, the powder is very translucent. I am a MAC NC40-42 & have no issues with this powder changing my foundation color or making me look ghostly white. Does what it says, doesn't break me out, and is relatively cheap. Will continue to use & re-purchase until something else catches my eye. HG blotting powder!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Amazing product! Totally worth the price! I used this everyday in combination with the primer. It doesn't matter if I use it in combination with my MAC pro-long wear or my True Match foundation, this product has yet to let me down.

Love this product! Bought MACs blot powder and thought this worked much better than that. When applied it gives me such a nice soft matte finish. I do have an oily tzone and this kept me stay shine free for about two and a half hours until i reapply (which to me isn't a big deal, havent found a powder thats kept me shine free for hours on end). Looks great when reapplied too. Price is a little high ($12) but worth it to me

Doesn't control my oil. Too expensive for something that doesn't work. Won't repurchase

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, I have dry skin and an extremely oily NOSE ( weird I know) I have tried everything. you name it I've tried it. I finally gave in and bought it. I was a little scared because it is translucent powder and I'm black I didn't want an ashy nose. I'm glad I did because I love it. it controls the oil like no other. I keep looking in the mirror waiting for the oil to appear but nothing. I love love love it and will totally recommend this.

April 25th 2014
so I think this product worked on me just for one day. the first time used it I was completely oil free. I thought I had found the perfect powder sent to me by the almighty... oooh boy was I wrong. the next day I used this it was completely horrible didn't work at all and made me look so ashy and chalky. very horrible threw it out in anger.

black girls I don't care what anyone says about it being translucent please please stay away.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really love this stuff...this is gearing up to be HG status.
I have a very oily t-zone, and am EXTREMELY fair. I have this in the lightest shade, which when combined with my kabuki, is a seamless color match with a flawless finish. I usually get very oily with my choice of foundation (Wet 'n' Wild Coverall in 815- Fair), but this keeps the oil at bay seemingly all day. I have never been able to say this about ANY other powder. I will continue to repurchase.