Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

4.1

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I would say that this powder is pretty good and does control oil. I wouldn't say it's omg hg because it is a little bit chalkier than I'm used to. I think the best way to appy this is BEFORE your powder foundation on your oily areas. This is so you don't have a white cast and I think controls oil better that way. Overall good powder!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I currently keep this in my work makeup bag to take care of my greasy tzone during break. Sets perfect, no caking, or settling in fine lines. Doesn't dry out my skin or make it feel parched. Good stuff for oily skin like mine,

I love love love this powder, my ultimate drug store setting powder by far. Works great for the under eye area and my concealer won't crease at all, also brightens there a bit. If i use it sparingly around my face with a powder brush it won't leave any white colour at all, then again I'm pale. If I only use a bit though it really is colorless as far as I can tell. It really leaves me matte even over the summertime and it's definitely buildable, great for quick touch ups. Doesn't cake up or settle into fine lines (for me anyway, I don't have many) but I can see how it can for more mature, dry skin. I recommend this to anyone with oily skin. This product also doesn't clog my pores or break me out. It's a bit too drying for the wintertime, which is fine because I don't need it this time of year. Overall I love this product and I like the mirror and puff pad, very helpful for on the go.

My skin oils blend with some powders after at least an hour of wear and create a nice dewy, almost poreless, look. These are the type of powders I enjoy because some others blend with my oils and become blotchy or just plain oily. Once this nice dewy look appears I get a few hours of it before it becomes just oily. However with this powder the dewy look lasted seven hours (I removed it so I don't know if it would have lasted longer) and didn't venture into greasy/oily territory. If I want to become matte again then I'll use the powder again and the dew will disappear, but I like the healthy radiant appearance dew gives to me. I apply this with a fluffy powder brush from target (Up and Up) and take a smaller travel powder brush for on the go. Using the sponge/puff provided is too difficult for me because it applies too much and it is hard to blend the white into my medium/tan skin. I imagine it would be fine if you are fair. So I have to make sure the brush I use is not to dense so that I can pick up a small amount, but it's the perfect amount for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HOLY GRAIL!! I have oily/combo/acne prone skin, and this works like a charm. No colour, no white cast in pictures, just a beautiful matte look. The packaging is so sleek and slim, I love a plain black packaging, reminds me of NARS packaging. This keeps me matte and is an amazing blotting powder when needed. Super cheap for what this is, but sadly you can't find any of the Neutrogena makeup line in Canada. Over all, amaaaaazing product, I suggest giving it a try

Let me start off by saying I have the most sensitive,acne prone, problem skin you could imagine!ive tried every setting powder on the market high end low end you name it ! And this is by far the best, my skin get extremely shiny in my tzone no matter what I put on it, mattifying primer, foundation everything always gets oily but this is a life saver. I have my makeup on from 7am-6pm and didn't even blot once! But this is great to throw in your bag just to touchup in certain areas , doesn't look cakey or change the color of your foundation AMAZING , is a little expensive for the drugstore but this is the besttttt and it doesn't break me out and EVERYTHING does get this!

I have VERY OILY acne prone skin. Not to mention I live in Florida where it's almost always hot and humid. Anyways, I wear this alone on my bare skin and in controls my oil so well. I don't need to blot till roughly 10 hours after applying. Usually I have to blot 3 hours after washing my face. LOVE this product it's a miracle worker. A bit expensive but I will forever repurchase.

Absolutely adore this translucent powder for daily touch-ups. I have an extremely oily t-zone, but my skin is also prone to dryness becasue of topical acne treatments from the derm. This absorbs the oil, leaving NO trace of white residue and doesn't dry out my skin. It doesn't alter the color or take away from whatever foundation I'm wearing. I've used this product for over a year now. I won't leave home without it if I'm wearing makeup.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm usually not a pressed powder person, after having had some disasterously cakey experiences. But As I've been slacking with my makeup this summer (i.e. not wearing foundation unless I feel like I have too), my skin has been looking pretty red, shiny, and all togther gross. I bought this on a whim at Duane Reade. I had been planning on buying a powder with some color to it, but decided on this one when I was too lazy to try and match my skin. I've used setting powders/'white' powders in the past and was somewhat wary of it, but decided to buy it anyway.

I am very pleased with the results thus far. I put this powder on in the morning after my sunscreen and I can immediately tell the difference. If I'm out for a long time or if it is particularly hot/humid I do sometimes need to reapply it after 5 or 6 hours, but it certainly isn't a constant battle between skin and powder.

Pros: Absorbs quickly, no smell, no white cast (I do make sure to double check for this though, as I have, once or twice, not blended it in properly and had white smudges around my nose), does its job, no breakouts, way less expensive than similar products I've tried

Cons: I hate the included application puff

All in all I am very fond of this product, and am happy I decided to buy it!

I rarely leave reviews but thought I would add one to rave about a product that I've used consistently for over a year, which is nearly unheardof for me. This powder is extremely good at controlling oil without overdrying skin and doesn't leave a white cast on skin although it is primarily white in color. I am on my second compact because the first one broke into a million powdery pieces without me even dropping it, so we'll see how this second one lasts. So far so good. I do not tend to go through the powder very quickly so had it not broken, my first compact could have lasted well over 6 months. I didn't hesitate to re-purchase since the price of this product is pretty reasonable, especially if you can find it on sale at your local drugstore or use a coupon at Ulta to purchase. I use this product to blot throughout the day. I keep it in my purse and apply with a retractable brush so that it doesn't look cakey. My skin is pretty normal but can get oily during the day depending on weather and humidity. As mentioned, the powder is very translucent. I am a MAC NC40-42 & have no issues with this powder changing my foundation color or making me look ghostly white. Does what it says, doesn't break me out, and is relatively cheap. Will continue to use & re-purchase until something else catches my eye. HG blotting powder!