Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

4.1

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff sucked for me. I bought it to keep in my purse for touch-ups, as I am quite oily. Any time I used it, it felt dry, cakey, chalky and gave a whitish cast. The product itself seemed to be hard and dry and not "buttery" at all, the way a face powder should feel. I found that it went on patchy and clung to any flakes I might have. I can usually find some use or redeeming quality about most products I try, but this went in the trash. Good riddance.

Doesn't control my oil. Too expensive for something that doesn't work. Won't repurchase

I bought this to try a new light powder that I could wear in the summer by itself. It was absolutely horrible! My skin broke out more than usual. It didn't do anything to control oil and my pores were huge, bigger than they had ever been. I'm very disappointed in Neutrogena for making a product that doesn't live up to its major claims and actually makes your skin worse instead of better. I've had other issues with their products before which is seriously making me question buying anything from them in the future.

I had high hopes for this powder especially given I like the shine control primer but I just didn't like this! It was thin, white, and it didn't work. I've had similar bad experiences with other rice powders as well. What a waste of $12!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Left my skin with a strong white cast and was not at all what I would call translucent.
It did not control my oil and it felt heavy on my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried to like this stuff.. but couldn't. Its also too light for me. I wish there were some other way to use this but on my skin shade..it makes me look white. And thats not cool.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, I have dry skin and an extremely oily NOSE ( weird I know) I have tried everything. you name it I've tried it. I finally gave in and bought it. I was a little scared because it is translucent powder and I'm black I didn't want an ashy nose. I'm glad I did because I love it. it controls the oil like no other. I keep looking in the mirror waiting for the oil to appear but nothing. I love love love it and will totally recommend this.

April 25th 2014
so I think this product worked on me just for one day. the first time used it I was completely oil free. I thought I had found the perfect powder sent to me by the almighty... oooh boy was I wrong. the next day I used this it was completely horrible didn't work at all and made me look so ashy and chalky. very horrible threw it out in anger.

black girls I don't care what anyone says about it being translucent please please stay away.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the powder. I have used it for a while since it first came out. But lately with the past two compacts I've used, I begin to have concern. As the powder ran thin in the center and the metal plate below the powder became exposed I see a black color on my cotton pad applicator mixed in with the powder on the pad. Of coarse I suspected the exposed metal plate below holding the powder. I removed all the powder from the compact and wiped a cotton ball all around on that metal plate. the cotton ball came up with a dark thick amount of black stuff on it.
What I want to know is what is this metal plate holding the powder we put on our faces made of. Lead? made in china? What? Neutrogena company had no answer for me when I called them. I bought three 3 compacts all at the same time and they all have them same lot number on them. I am now on the second of these three compacts and fear the third will be the same.
A waste of money and scary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Pros: great packaging. slim, not chunky, nice sized mirror
doesn't look cakey or ashy on my dark skin
Cons: made my face itchy and i had to stop using it cause of that.
didn't control the oil as much as i expected and i dont have excessively oily skin. just t-zone oil
a little pricey for drugstore, cost me about 13 bucks.

All in all, I would have liked this a little more if I didn't have such a weird reaction. Made my face red and itchy and had to wash it off after like 15 mins of it being on my face. Stopped using it and my face was ok after that. I prefer my Neutrogena mineral sheers powder more cause it works better with my skin, controls the oil and also gives me a little bit of coverage. I would definitely not repurchase this one though. Sorry! :(

This is just a regular translucent powder. It does control shine well BUT its very chunky and doesnt blend very well on my skin, making it feel dry and look flaky. Its also pretty expensive for a drugstore powder..

I wont buy again.