Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

4.1

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I freaking hate this product. It amplified my pores, gave me a chalky look, and clung to random patches on my face. I hate wasting products, but I didn't even hit pan before I tossed this.

Hard pass.

This is a great powder for my aging oily skin. I put it on after my setting powder and it keeps me fairly matte for several hours. It is comparable, if not better for me than MAC's blot powder and is about half the price. Don't leave the house without it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff sucked for me. I bought it to keep in my purse for touch-ups, as I am quite oily. Any time I used it, it felt dry, cakey, chalky and gave a whitish cast. The product itself seemed to be hard and dry and not "buttery" at all, the way a face powder should feel. I found that it went on patchy and clung to any flakes I might have. I can usually find some use or redeeming quality about most products I try, but this went in the trash. Good riddance.

I would say that this powder is pretty good and does control oil. I wouldn't say it's omg hg because it is a little bit chalkier than I'm used to. I think the best way to appy this is BEFORE your powder foundation on your oily areas. This is so you don't have a white cast and I think controls oil better that way. Overall good powder!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I currently keep this in my work makeup bag to take care of my greasy tzone during break. Sets perfect, no caking, or settling in fine lines. Doesn't dry out my skin or make it feel parched. Good stuff for oily skin like mine,

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I just bought this after seeing the positive reviews on MUA. I've used other Physicians formula powders for my sensitive skin, and this powder is like theirs, in that it is talc-free.

First try: After wearing this at work a full day (just the powder, no foundation etc..) - I noticed about 1-2 hours in - it does NOT handle my shine very well at all, if applying it with a powder brush. I think my Physician's Formula talc-free powder does a little better job - just because it gives some coverage compared to this translucent shade, if you want to just wear powder. My nose was shiny after about an hour. My forehead handled a little better. Since wearing no base foundation, I have found that this stuff really IS sheer.

Second try: I tried this over foundation to see if it would work a bit better at controlling shine? NOPE, if applying with a brush again. I dusted some of this on my T-zone after applying light foundation all over my face to even out skin tone - and the powder on my nose lasted not even 20 minutes. I had shine right back. My forehead is okay - but my nose just didn't hold at ALL.

Third: Am trying this again using Burt's Bees BB cream (love) and this over - and it's working well. I'm applying it with a small foundation brush, just tapping the powder on the spots that need oil control. My nose is the worst - nothing ever seems to control the oil there - but everywhere else seems really good. I do love applying this powder with a small brush - its easy to touch up and doesn't leave a mess all over (like ELF).

I've also found that this isn't near as "white" over my BB cream vs. ELF's HD powder. Both are translucent, but Neutrogena's is a little better.

+++++++++
EDIT: knocked a lippy off after trying E.L.F.'s High Def powder in sheer for $6.00 (compared to the $15 I spent on this stuff) - ELF is a bit better, but cheaper, and controls my shine just as welll, but I dislike the powder mess of ELF. Up and down if I'd repurchase this because it's so $$$.

I love love love this powder, my ultimate drug store setting powder by far. Works great for the under eye area and my concealer won't crease at all, also brightens there a bit. If i use it sparingly around my face with a powder brush it won't leave any white colour at all, then again I'm pale. If I only use a bit though it really is colorless as far as I can tell. It really leaves me matte even over the summertime and it's definitely buildable, great for quick touch ups. Doesn't cake up or settle into fine lines (for me anyway, I don't have many) but I can see how it can for more mature, dry skin. I recommend this to anyone with oily skin. This product also doesn't clog my pores or break me out. It's a bit too drying for the wintertime, which is fine because I don't need it this time of year. Overall I love this product and I like the mirror and puff pad, very helpful for on the go.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Left my skin with a strong white cast and was not at all what I would call translucent.
It did not control my oil and it felt heavy on my skin.

This powder is amazing but with limitations, I'm a men with super oily skin in summer and combination in winter, so I understend that men's skin is even olier than womens but this powder just provided more control than others I've tried, it's almost translucent (not that translucent like MAC prep & prime transparent finish) it will leave a slighly white cast if you don't blend well with a brush, because the thin buff that comes with the product it's just a big no. But in a overall keeps shine at bay for a few hours and I need to reaply properly 3 times at day in summer after a paper blotting.
If you're a men and need some powder but don't want to look like you have makeup this is a good choice. Get yourselt a powder blush and you got it, just be gentle and don't over apply.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wish this worked better for me - but it does work for a few hours - maybe 2-3 max. I understand that most of these types of products aren't meant to last all day, and maybe because this isn't the only product I put on my face something else it keeping it from working for longer, but for the price I would like it to work for atleast half of my work day. Instead, I find myself reapplying every time I use the bathroom because I look in the mirror and see the shine. By the end of the day, if I've been swamped and haven't had time to reapply, I am oily to a grossness level, which sucks because I use their foundation & primer too.

Again, could be another product I'm using, but for me this only lasts a few hours at best.