Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

4.2

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I would say that this powder is pretty good and does control oil. I wouldn't say it's omg hg because it is a little bit chalkier than I'm used to. I think the best way to appy this is BEFORE your powder foundation on your oily areas. This is so you don't have a white cast and I think controls oil better that way. Overall good powder!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I currently keep this in my work makeup bag to take care of my greasy tzone during break. Sets perfect, no caking, or settling in fine lines. Doesn't dry out my skin or make it feel parched. Good stuff for oily skin like mine,

To Read all 72 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I just bought this after seeing the positive reviews on MUA. I've used other Physicians formula powders for my sensitive skin, and this powder is like theirs, in that it is talc-free.

First try: After wearing this at work a full day (just the powder, no foundation etc..) - I noticed about 1-2 hours in - it does NOT handle my shine very well at all, if applying it with a powder brush. I think my Physician's Formula talc-free powder does a little better job - just because it gives some coverage compared to this translucent shade, if you want to just wear powder. My nose was shiny after about an hour. My forehead handled a little better. Since wearing no base foundation, I have found that this stuff really IS sheer.

Second try: I tried this over foundation to see if it would work a bit better at controlling shine? NOPE, if applying with a brush again. I dusted some of this on my T-zone after applying light foundation all over my face to even out skin tone - and the powder on my nose lasted not even 20 minutes. I had shine right back. My forehead is okay - but my nose just didn't hold at ALL.

Third: Am trying this again using Burt's Bees BB cream (love) and this over - and it's working well. I'm applying it with a small foundation brush, just tapping the powder on the spots that need oil control. My nose is the worst - nothing ever seems to control the oil there - but everywhere else seems really good. I do love applying this powder with a small brush - its easy to touch up and doesn't leave a mess all over (like ELF).

I've also found that this isn't near as "white" over my BB cream vs. ELF's HD powder. Both are translucent, but Neutrogena's is a little better.

+++++++++
EDIT: knocked a lippy off after trying E.L.F.'s High Def powder in sheer for $6.00 (compared to the $15 I spent on this stuff) - ELF is a bit better, but cheaper, and controls my shine just as welll, but I dislike the powder mess of ELF. Up and down if I'd repurchase this because it's so $$$.

I love love love this powder, my ultimate drug store setting powder by far. Works great for the under eye area and my concealer won't crease at all, also brightens there a bit. If i use it sparingly around my face with a powder brush it won't leave any white colour at all, then again I'm pale. If I only use a bit though it really is colorless as far as I can tell. It really leaves me matte even over the summertime and it's definitely buildable, great for quick touch ups. Doesn't cake up or settle into fine lines (for me anyway, I don't have many) but I can see how it can for more mature, dry skin. I recommend this to anyone with oily skin. This product also doesn't clog my pores or break me out. It's a bit too drying for the wintertime, which is fine because I don't need it this time of year. Overall I love this product and I like the mirror and puff pad, very helpful for on the go.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Left my skin with a strong white cast and was not at all what I would call translucent.
It did not control my oil and this started to feel heavy on my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wish this worked better for me - but it does work for a few hours - maybe 2-3 max. I understand that most of these types of products aren't meant to last all day, and maybe because this isn't the only product I put on my face something else it keeping it from working for longer, but for the price I would like it to work for atleast half of my work day. Instead, I find myself reapplying every time I use the bathroom because I look in the mirror and see the shine. By the end of the day, if I've been swamped and haven't had time to reapply, I am oily to a grossness level, which sucks because I use their foundation & primer too.

Again, could be another product I'm using, but for me this only lasts a few hours at best.

This powder is amazing but with limitations, I'm a men with super oily skin in summer and combination in winter, so I understend that men's skin is even olier than womens but this powder just provided more control than others I've tried, it's almost translucent (not that translucent like MAC prep & prime transparent finish) it will leave a slighly white cast if you don't blend well with a brush, because the thin buff that comes with the product it's just a big no. But in a overall keeps shine at bay for a few hours and I need to reaply properly 3 times at day in summer after a paper blotting.
If you're a men and need some powder but don't want to look like you have makeup this is a good choice. Get yourselt a powder blush and you got it, just be gentle and don't over apply.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Very light powder that goes on translucent or "invisible" according to the packaging. This did break on me a few times in my purse so I started using it at home only and had no further breakage. It did help my oiliness stay at bay a bit and was even a good undereye setting powder. I won't buy again due to price. I think my Maybelline Matte powder or the Rimmel Stay Matte work just as well for my oil and they're cheaper.

My skin oils blend with some powders after at least an hour of wear and create a nice dewy, almost poreless, look. These are the type of powders I enjoy because some others blend with my oils and become blotchy or just plain oily. Once this nice dewy look appears I get a few hours of it before it becomes just oily. However with this powder the dewy look lasted seven hours (I removed it so I don't know if it would have lasted longer) and didn't venture into greasy/oily territory. If I want to become matte again then I'll use the powder again and the dew will disappear, but I like the healthy radiant appearance dew gives to me. I apply this with a fluffy powder brush from target (Up and Up) and take a smaller travel powder brush for on the go. Using the sponge/puff provided is too difficult for me because it applies too much and it is hard to blend the white into my medium/tan skin. I imagine it would be fine if you are fair. So I have to make sure the brush I use is not to dense so that I can pick up a small amount, but it's the perfect amount for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

What a great powder! After trying the CoverGirl Oil Control Pressed Powder and hating it, I did my research and found this gem. It comes in one translucent color for all skin tones, and costs about $12 at Ulta. I love that I can wear this by itself or over bb cream. I have VERY oily, clog-prone skin, but I trust Neutrogena and this kept the shine away and didn't break me out! I love that it's non-comedogenic. It lasts for about 4-5 hours before the shine starts coming through, but it never cakes up or gets splotchy as it breaks down. Even though it's translucent, I never get a white cast, but I'm pale so maybe that's why. I use a powder brush (not the sponge it comes with), and just swirl it on. It doesn't look chalky or powdery, and not too matte. I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase!