Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by age: 36-43

4.3

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I rarely leave reviews but thought I would add one to rave about a product that I've used consistently for over a year, which is nearly unheardof for me. This powder is extremely good at controlling oil without overdrying skin and doesn't leave a white cast on skin although it is primarily white in color. I am on my second compact because the first one broke into a million powdery pieces without me even dropping it, so we'll see how this second one lasts. So far so good. I do not tend to go through the powder very quickly so had it not broken, my first compact could have lasted well over 6 months. I didn't hesitate to re-purchase since the price of this product is pretty reasonable, especially if you can find it on sale at your local drugstore or use a coupon at Ulta to purchase. I use this product to blot throughout the day. I keep it in my purse and apply with a retractable brush so that it doesn't look cakey. My skin is pretty normal but can get oily during the day depending on weather and humidity. As mentioned, the powder is very translucent. I am a MAC NC40-42 & have no issues with this powder changing my foundation color or making me look ghostly white. Does what it says, doesn't break me out, and is relatively cheap. Will continue to use & re-purchase until something else catches my eye. HG blotting powder!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've had oily skin since for 30 years. This is hands down the best powder I've ever bought. I apply ulta double duty foundation and then apply neutrogena powder with a brush once I shine up and I'm good for rest of the day. If i apply it first thung n morningthen i usually reapply once during the day. I'm so glad I bought this on a whim and for $12 it's such a great deal. Use a brush for best application or the oil on the pad will gunk it up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This trully does control shine for several hours.You cant use this alone.Its pretty whitening so I use this in combination with a bronzer.
One of the best shine control products out there.Just use a brush to touch up any oily areas throghout the day if even necessary.

HG! I press the powder into my T-zone with a sponge, then brush away the excess with a powder brush. My oilies are kept at bay for hours! I am pretty tan and this looks invisible on me. This works just as well as my Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed powder. I also like the Neutrogena better than the MUFE HD powder. The MUFE made my skin feel a little itchy. The Neutrogena feels better on my skin.

I had high hopes for this powder especially given I like the shine control primer but I just didn't like this! It was thin, white, and it didn't work. I've had similar bad experiences with other rice powders as well. What a waste of $12!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

AMAZING product, and I like that the packaging is an elegant basic black color too! Much better than MAC Blot, I don't mind paying a little more for a good quality product. I have used so many products that let me down that when I find a good one I am so excited and feel it is money well spent. I don't use this for touch ups only as a base, I don't wear foundation only sunscreen and powder and this works well and looks great on.