Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35

3.4

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff sucked for me. I bought it to keep in my purse for touch-ups, as I am quite oily. Any time I used it, it felt dry, cakey, chalky and gave a whitish cast. The product itself seemed to be hard and dry and not "buttery" at all, the way a face powder should feel. I found that it went on patchy and clung to any flakes I might have. I can usually find some use or redeeming quality about most products I try, but this went in the trash. Good riddance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I just bought this after seeing the positive reviews on MUA. I've used other Physicians formula powders for my sensitive skin, and this powder is like theirs, in that it is talc-free.

First try: After wearing this at work a full day (just the powder, no foundation etc..) - I noticed about 1-2 hours in - it does NOT handle my shine very well at all, if applying it with a powder brush. I think my Physician's Formula talc-free powder does a little better job - just because it gives some coverage compared to this translucent shade, if you want to just wear powder. My nose was shiny after about an hour. My forehead handled a little better. Since wearing no base foundation, I have found that this stuff really IS sheer.

Second try: I tried this over foundation to see if it would work a bit better at controlling shine? NOPE, if applying with a brush again. I dusted some of this on my T-zone after applying light foundation all over my face to even out skin tone - and the powder on my nose lasted not even 20 minutes. I had shine right back. My forehead is okay - but my nose just didn't hold at ALL.

Third: Am trying this again using Burt's Bees BB cream (love) and this over - and it's working well. I'm applying it with a small foundation brush, just tapping the powder on the spots that need oil control. My nose is the worst - nothing ever seems to control the oil there - but everywhere else seems really good. I do love applying this powder with a small brush - its easy to touch up and doesn't leave a mess all over (like ELF).

I've also found that this isn't near as "white" over my BB cream vs. ELF's HD powder. Both are translucent, but Neutrogena's is a little better.

+++++++++
EDIT: knocked a lippy off after trying E.L.F.'s High Def powder in sheer for $6.00 (compared to the $15 I spent on this stuff) - ELF is a bit better, but cheaper, and controls my shine just as welll, but I dislike the powder mess of ELF. Up and down if I'd repurchase this because it's so $$$.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Left my skin with a strong white cast and was not at all what I would call translucent.
It did not control my oil and it felt heavy on my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried to like this stuff.. but couldn't. Its also too light for me. I wish there were some other way to use this but on my skin shade..it makes me look white. And thats not cool.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this because I wasn't interested in plunking down for MAC Blot (I remember when that stuff was $18 and now it's $26! *sadface*). I hemmed and hawed about what drugstore powder to get before settling on this one, and I just hit pan on it last week. To use it, press it into my skin with my Elf big powder brush (LOVE that thing!) after applying tinted moisturizer and concealer. The bottom line is that I like this product, and it can definitely handle the oil build-up in my T-zone, but it can get cakey around my nose and mouth if I'm too heavy-handed with it. I also think that it makes dry patches appear more dry...so moisturize those adequately if you have them! I think this powder only comes in a translucent shade, which is fine with me, but darker skins might need something more. The packaging is nice (sturdy black matte plastic compact) and the mirror is good too. As with all powder compacts, I ditch the puff right away. I think I would purchase this again, but I recently caved in to MAC again. When I come to my senses, I'll go back to the drugstore for pressed powder: I'd like to try the Rimmel Stay Matte product also.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Was really nervous about the lauroyl lysine in this product, as I usually avoid it at all costs. Been wearing for 3 days (I keep it in my purse for touch ups only) and haven't had any cystic breakouts. My pores are a little clogged, but really that could be anything with my skin.

On the upside, I think I could pour chicken grease on my face and this stuff would soak it right up. Only product that actually mattifies for me. Lasts 6+ hours! and even then! the oil breakthrough is very slight (probably not noticeable to anyone but me).

I have noticed when used on top of the Shine Control foundation and Healthy Skin pressed powder (using this as a touch up only later in the day), it looks great at first but eventually dries out the dry areas and looks patchy where it is drying up the separated foundation. Better over sunscreen/powder alone. Wish it were cheaper but after trying so many high end products that don't do half what they claim, I'll take it. I am tempted to buy more to keep in my car and bathroom!

EDIT: had to return. Getting little bumps again, and I'm too scared it's this powder (or the other Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder)...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the powder. I have used it for a while since it first came out. But lately with the past two compacts I've used, I begin to have concern. As the powder ran thin in the center and the metal plate below the powder became exposed I see a black color on my cotton pad applicator mixed in with the powder on the pad. Of coarse I suspected the exposed metal plate below holding the powder. I removed all the powder from the compact and wiped a cotton ball all around on that metal plate. the cotton ball came up with a dark thick amount of black stuff on it.
What I want to know is what is this metal plate holding the powder we put on our faces made of. Lead? made in china? What? Neutrogena company had no answer for me when I called them. I bought three 3 compacts all at the same time and they all have them same lot number on them. I am now on the second of these three compacts and fear the third will be the same.
A waste of money and scary.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Putting make up on in the morning started to depress me. Getting older has come with even more oily skin then i originally had. I dont wear foundation, but I needed something to control the shine. I have been using this powder for about two weeks. I love it in the morning. It is a transparent powder. it controls my shine. It doesnt last all day, but it does the job. I no longer am a mirrior 24/7. I definitely reccomend this product and i will be buying it again! Thanks Nutrogena!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've used it paired up with the Primer and I'm an absolute fan. My skin is medium to light and I have to make sure that I don't have residues on my face, the compact is a little lighter than what I would normally use, but a good blending technique and it integrates with my make up easily enough.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very oily skin, and this is one of the best oil-controlling pressed powders I've ever used. I have been using Estee Lauder Double Matte pressed powder for many years, and it did a pretty good job of controlling my oil for most of my day at work. When Neutrogena came out with this product, I was running very low on my EL powder, so I thought I'd give it a chance. The price is a little steep for a drugstore powder in my opinion, and I really wasn't expecting much out of this powder. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it controlled my oil and kept me shine-free even longer than my EL powder did! In my opinion, this is the best product in Neutrogena's Shine Control line; I was not impressed with the gritty foundation or primer from this line. I would recommend the pressed powder to anyone with oily skin, and I will definitely be repurchasing it for myself. The only con with this product for me is the cheap, flimsy puff that comes with it. I always end up tossing it in the trash and replacing it with a better puff.