Neutrogena Shine Control Pressed Powder

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.3

Mica, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate, Silica, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Silica Silylate --- may contain (CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

I would say that this powder is pretty good and does control oil. I wouldn't say it's omg hg because it is a little bit chalkier than I'm used to. I think the best way to appy this is BEFORE your powder foundation on your oily areas. This is so you don't have a white cast and I think controls oil better that way. Overall good powder!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I currently keep this in my work makeup bag to take care of my greasy tzone during break. Sets perfect, no caking, or settling in fine lines. Doesn't dry out my skin or make it feel parched. Good stuff for oily skin like mine,

I love love love this powder, my ultimate drug store setting powder by far. Works great for the under eye area and my concealer won't crease at all, also brightens there a bit. If i use it sparingly around my face with a powder brush it won't leave any white colour at all, then again I'm pale. If I only use a bit though it really is colorless as far as I can tell. It really leaves me matte even over the summertime and it's definitely buildable, great for quick touch ups. Doesn't cake up or settle into fine lines (for me anyway, I don't have many) but I can see how it can for more mature, dry skin. I recommend this to anyone with oily skin. This product also doesn't clog my pores or break me out. It's a bit too drying for the wintertime, which is fine because I don't need it this time of year. Overall I love this product and I like the mirror and puff pad, very helpful for on the go.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wish this worked better for me - but it does work for a few hours - maybe 2-3 max. I understand that most of these types of products aren't meant to last all day, and maybe because this isn't the only product I put on my face something else it keeping it from working for longer, but for the price I would like it to work for atleast half of my work day. Instead, I find myself reapplying every time I use the bathroom because I look in the mirror and see the shine. By the end of the day, if I've been swamped and haven't had time to reapply, I am oily to a grossness level, which sucks because I use their foundation & primer too.

Again, could be another product I'm using, but for me this only lasts a few hours at best.

This powder is amazing but with limitations, I'm a men with super oily skin in summer and combination in winter, so I understend that men's skin is even olier than womens but this powder just provided more control than others I've tried, it's almost translucent (not that translucent like MAC prep & prime transparent finish) it will leave a slighly white cast if you don't blend well with a brush, because the thin buff that comes with the product it's just a big no. But in a overall keeps shine at bay for a few hours and I need to reaply properly 3 times at day in summer after a paper blotting.
If you're a men and need some powder but don't want to look like you have makeup this is a good choice. Get yourselt a powder blush and you got it, just be gentle and don't over apply.

Absolutely adore this translucent powder for daily touch-ups. I have an extremely oily t-zone, but my skin is also prone to dryness becasue of topical acne treatments from the derm. This absorbs the oil, leaving NO trace of white residue and doesn't dry out my skin. It doesn't alter the color or take away from whatever foundation I'm wearing. I've used this product for over a year now. I won't leave home without it if I'm wearing makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

To be honest, I find myself having difficulty reviewing something like powder because I always wear it in conjunction with liquid foundation and vice versa, ALWAYS, so I can never tell if it's the powder or the foundation that's doing the job. Let me start with the packaging. I love that it does come with a mirror so it's great for on the go touch-ups. I'm fair-medium in skin tone and the color of the powder actually fits me really well, even though, yes it's supposed to be 'invisible'. I like that it covers my pores and keeps me shine free for a good chunk of the day, I would say. I can be pretty heavy handed with my application of powder and I like that it doesn't look obvious when I tend to go overboard with my powdering. I also like that it feels lightweight on the skin. I have nothing bad to say about it, so yeah, I think I like this product and would considering buying it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

For a long time I was torn on this powder. I have combo skin and during the summer it didn't control my oil at all and I hated it. But then winter came and I decided to give it another go. Suddenly I loved this powder. I gives my foundation the prettiest natural matte finish which really was nice in dry winter months. Also, because my skin was less oily, it kept me shine free. Other positives: I love a pressed form. I hate messy loose powders. I love that it's talc free. I'm quite sensitive to talc in face powders; they all make me itch like crazy. It lasts quite a while. It's easy to find and easy to get on sale (I feel it's a little pricey when not on sale for a drugstore powder).
So I guess my too cents would be, if you have super oily skin it may not control your oil enough. If I use with with urban decay deslick it holds up much better. But this powder is continuing to grow on me so once I use up the rest of my powders I can see repurchasing this.
edit 9/8/14 this has grown quite a bit on me. I really love the finish, kind of a natural soft matte. upping my rating from 4 to 5 and definitely repurchasing.
8/23/17 Still using this! Still haven't found anything better!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product, I have dry skin and an extremely oily NOSE ( weird I know) I have tried everything. you name it I've tried it. I finally gave in and bought it. I was a little scared because it is translucent powder and I'm black I didn't want an ashy nose. I'm glad I did because I love it. it controls the oil like no other. I keep looking in the mirror waiting for the oil to appear but nothing. I love love love it and will totally recommend this.

April 25th 2014
so I think this product worked on me just for one day. the first time used it I was completely oil free. I thought I had found the perfect powder sent to me by the almighty... oooh boy was I wrong. the next day I used this it was completely horrible didn't work at all and made me look so ashy and chalky. very horrible threw it out in anger.

black girls I don't care what anyone says about it being translucent please please stay away.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

HG blotting powder that actually does what is advertised CONTROLS OIL. Makes my foundation look fabulous and not cake up! I am getting pretty sick and tired of all the cosmetics and skincare products that say they do something that they do not do! This is powder is amazing and cheap, what more could you ask for?!