Avon Lip Ink

Avon Lip Ink

3.3

on 12/26/2008 5:26:00 PM

This is way TOO drying, and it feels like a wet marker when you apply it. The one I purchased did not have the gloss duo, but a gloss significantly shortens the staying power of the lip ink. When worn alone, it lasts throughout the day, but my lips are so dry that tears come to my eyes when I speak.

on 2/25/2005 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't like this product as much as I like Revlon's OverTime or Max Factor's Lipfinity; I found that Lip Ink peels, flakes, and crumbles the worst of these three, and is drier in feel.
It is transfer-resistant, however, and it looks fine for a while, until it starts to peel, flake, and....
I have Lip Ink in the shade Romantic, a medium-to-dark plum shade. The color is fine, but I decided to go back to OverTime's Perennial Plum, which looks much the same, is less dry, and wears somewhat better.
HOWEVER, I have a friend who recently bought several Lip Inks and adores them, so it is possible that I may give this product another chance eventually.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I liked this lip ink!! I'm not a lip stick wearer but my girlfriend apply the "soft raisin" color to my lips and I swear I've gotten so many compliments from co-workers. This color stays put for hours without smudging or coming off. (its more of a "stain" than a funny tasting lip stick) Easy to apply, and I didnt find it all that drying, but you can always apply a lip gloss on top if needed. For the price, cant wait to try other colors.

on 8/20/2004 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Oh I love this in silent red. I've got another one too, sort of a nude color--but I love the red because it gives the perfect stain. A little dry, but I can live with that, because it doesn't come off. And you can put gloss over it, which solves that problem.

on 6/23/2004 5:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I was dissapointed in this product. It doesn't stay on for anything, and it's pricey for the junk that it is. This color flaked and rubbed right off. Save your money and use it to go buy a decent lipstick, like Revlon.

on 4/10/2004 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very disappointed. I got this in Merlot and it didn't stay on for 15 minutes. I use Outlast and it works great - I thought this would be the same, but it's not. I didn't even get a chance to put the gloss over it. In the 15 minutes I waited for the ink to dry, it was already gone from the corners of my mouth and balling up. Thumbs down.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I have a love-hate relationship with this. I bought it in Twig and sometimes I like the color and other times it looks too orange to me. The lip color is very, very drying, and the gloss that comes with it is really slick. The gloss doesn't stay on for long. I'm going to give this another shot tomorrow, but with Rosebud Salve on top, and see what happens.

Someone gave me a couple of these (probably because they didn't like them...) and both shades are impossible. This ink is difficult to apply, smells odd and really doesn't last anyways. The colours are too dark or too pale. There is a top gloss you can apply over it but then the ink won't last at all and will make a big mess. The ink is drying and goes on uneven...No plus really except it's matte with I like.

What a mess!!! I bought this in cotton candy.I applied this on my bare lips and it ran all over the place!!! Deffinitly a disapointment from Avon!

I find the product a bit drying, but some gloss or lip balm usually does the trick. Doesn't disappear altogether when I eat, just fades a bit. But otherwise, I'd recommend. You can usually find it on sale so you can stock up.