E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow-ALL

E.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow-ALL
E.L.F Baked Eyeshadow in PixieE.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow - Burnt PlumE.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow - Burnt PlumE.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow in ToastedE.L.F. Baked Eyeshadow in Toasted

3.8

on 12/3/2017 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was given to me as a gift. At first, I was entirely disappointed in the low color payoff, and then it hit me: use Elf's glitter eye shadow applicator. That was game changing. Now, the colors are soft, that's just how they're made, and you can get more vibrancy using them wet, but IMO, the best results come via the glitter eye shadow applicator. It picks up color and it sticks to the applicator really well, allowing for much better color payoff in a more vibrant, glowing way. I've used wet and dry, dry is better for me (personally). Would purchase again, that soft glow is lovely!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I own several of these eye shadows and when I got them I was super excited to try them, based upon just how very pigmented they looked online, as well as in their individual eyeshadow compacts, after getting them home as well. However, upon application, they don't all go on very pigmented, nor very evenly as well. I have to keep packing on more and more of the eyeshadow when it comes to the lighter shades especially, in order to really get the individual,colors to stand out. I know that you can wet them, however, I don't care to do that at all with any eyeshadow that I own.

I honestly haven't used these eye shadows in a long time, as they are just okay, nothing truly special about them at all. I'd honestly rather stick with regular eye shadows, as the baked eye shadows definitely aren't my favorites. And, I definitely don't plan to purchase anymore of them ever again!

I have the Baked Eyeshadow Palette in 'California'. First of all, the packaging is a bit big and bulky and isn't great for traveling. I really like the color selection that gives you a nice bronzy eye, great for Autumn time. The formula isn't great. I would recommend using your fingers with this product or the E.L.F 'C' Eyeshadow Brush. Good for the price, you just have to make it work with the formula.

on 10/16/2017 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Elf Baked Eyeshadow Trio in Brown Bonanza has the best golden/copper shade. The other two shades aren't noteworthy however. But the bronze is so beautiful and creamy. It's worth purchasing the trio for $3 just for that one bronzey shade. Love it!

on 4/13/2017 5:09:00 PM

Well, it is pigmented BUT it's way too glittery for day use and it creases like crazy (even with primer)
So...Not worth it for me.

on 12/3/2016 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I can't say enough positive things about this - especially in the color Burnt Plum, which is a beautiful shimmery eggplant with reddish tones. I wear it with the UD eye primer, and the pigmentation and wear are perfect. I wear it on its own for dramatic impact, or I'll use it as a liner with a shimmery plum shadow just to give it some oomph. Either way, this is one of my very favorites, and I get so many compliments when I wear it (including from makeup artists, who are always surprised when they hear what it is). I have tried similar colors in MAC and Chanel, and I found them to be far less dramatic than this $3 item. There is nothing glam about the packaging, but it does the trick - and at this price, I am very happy with what I get!

on 1/25/2016 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have one of these so far (Burnt Plum) and I love it!!
I was looking for a nice deep purple for a long time, and to find the perfect shade for just $3 is a complete steal.
I love wearing this over eyeliner, smudging and blending upwards. It created the most beautiful subtle, sultry purple smokey eye. Perfect for day or night (I even wore it this way to church with subtle makeup everywhere else and got tons of compliments)

The packaging is perfectly minimal. I love that there is no extra bulk and is so easy to travel with (Be careful though, as baked products shatter more easily than pressed products)

The formula is beautiful. Never powdery but pigmented. Used wet, it's incredibly intense.
I would definitely pick up more shades

Highly recommend

Hope this helps!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't need more eyeshadow I admit as I have the elf 144 neutral, a bunch of elf Disney books, a few palettes & every single UD Nakeds palette for eyes (1/2/3-basics1/2-on the run-smoky) & a bunch of Clinique/MAC/EL palettes/misc other e/s but I sub to the elf Play Beautiful subscription box so I was sent this in Burnt Plum & I love it! I use UDPP usually & this product is fairly pigmented. It makes me want to rush out & buy them all which I plan to go do an order when I get paid. Overconsumerism at its finest! More like I'm filled w overcomsumption...Ha!! This shadow wears pretty well. It is a taupe eggplant on me it certainly must be some kind of MAC dupe not sure what? I have CA & TX palettes also which I lurve...lurve me some elf e/s!! I like to do this w a nice nude lip like the elf Natural/Nude lip pencil is perf for this. U can also pair it w the elf e/s-liner pencil duo that is purple. I usually go for neutral eyes so this isn't too kray kray on me. Elf has their eye on the trends. I am always surprised on that coz they are so cheap (read: affordable). Don't got to spend a fortune to look good! I can have all of the shadows in the collection vs. 2 MAC e/s & still have a few nickels left over ...nice!!

I bought this eyeshadow in Enchanted and Pixie, the two lightest shades. Both look quite metallic and very shimmery.

I don't have any previous experience with baked products, but what really stood out with this (both of them) is that the pigmentation depends so much on the lighting! Maybe this is the deal with baked shadows, but I feel like if the light is just a tiny bit dimmed the color doesn't show up at all it's just shimmery. But in direct lighting and sunlight this is super bright.

I will however say that regardless of lighting this always shows up more shimmery than pigmented/colored (if that makes sense?) This is not great for me because I dont really like using super shimmery eyeshadow in the daytime and in the nighttime I feel like the color would hardly show up at all.

These two blend very well with each other (and I guess with the rest of the colors as well), but I find they don't mix with my non-baked, less shimmery eye shadows at all. This is also super sad because I have hooded eyes and doing an all shimmer eye shadow look will never be my thing.

It goes on very smooth but I have noticed that when I get close to the mirror it looks kind of patchy, but on a very "microscopic level". Like I said it goes on smooth and doen't look patchy at all from a distance, but when you look really close it's like there are very, very small chunks all over the lid where the product/color/shimmer is very concentrated. It's very hard to explain, but I guess I would say it makes it look like a cheaper, lower quality eyeshadow on the lid.

This wasn't really the right product for me because of the amount of shimmer and the fact that it can't be blended with matte shadows. I won't repurchase but if you are prepared for the shimmer shock and don't expect the highest of quality (it is E.L.F after all) this might work for you. The metallic shimmer really is gorgeous when the lighting brings out the pigment.

on 5/9/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This was my first baked eyeshadow. At $3 a pop, I had to try it! The packaging is a little flimsy, but I don't use it for travel anyway. I have the color Toasted, a metallic copper. I love that it's not too red on me, as so many coppers are. Using the shadow dry (over Fergie primer) lasts me about 8 hours before starting to fade. I get minor creasing, but that's after 12+ hours of wear. It doesn't last as long if I use it wet. A lot of E.l.f's baked shadows (like the ones in the baked palettes) aren't that pigmented when used dry, and can be very chalky. Toasted is actually creamy and pigmented with a hint of shimmer if used dry, and turns into a metallic copper if used wet. I definitely want to try more of these singles for the great price!