Peter Thomas Roth Titanium Dioxide Sunblock SPF 30

3.1

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Flaky whitening ghost cream. I only use this when I am desperate.

I really wish that I could use this product. It contains 12% Zinc Oxide and 5% Titanium Dioxide, which offers pretty darn good UVA protection, for a U.S. sunscreen. I really would prefer to use a physical sunscreen rather than a chemical one on my skin and this is probably the best protection you can get from a physical. But unfortunately, this is a very pastey, whitening sunscreen. Due to the high percentages of the physical filters, it imparts a very white cast to the skin and is extremely difficult to blend in. It also accentuates flakeys and dry areas and is just not cosmetically acceptable for face. I have large pores on either side of my nose, and the white filter particles collect in my pores and are impossible to blend. I totally envy those gals who have poreless, pale skin, because they are the only people I can see using this sunscreen on their face with success.
Update 6/17/07: This product is now discontinued, which is really sad because it was probably the most protective physical sunscreen on the market. Its opacity may have not been very cosmetically elegant, but it enabled great protection to be achieved, protection that I am not sure is taking place with all of these sheer physical blocks. I'm sure there are people out there who will miss this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product was advised to me by my derm. I have VERY sensitive skin and was rec'd to use a titanium block. You don't need that much for coverage, it goes on REALLY thick though and you have to really rub it in - but it does the job. When it says you won't tan, you WON'T tan hehe! It does its job. I would like to tan with titanium block but that's not possible but since i need to protect my skin, this is great.

I've been on a hunt for a great sunscreen ever since my old one started to break me out, and summer is already here, so I decided to try PTR's physical sunscreen version. I've been steering away from chemical s/s because I have sensitive skin (and acne-prone AND oily--a triple whammy!!), and the avo/oxybenzone in it is irritating. The Sephora skin consultant steered me to this one and gave me a generous sample to try out. Lemme just say one thing: this is THICK as PASTE! It is so hard to blend, and when I was finally done, I seriously looked like a friggin GEISHA! The titanium dioxide left a VERY noticeable white cast on my skin that didn't start to go away until my oil glands kicked up later in the afternoon and it "settled." Yuck. Plus, this accentuates all my dry spots on my face, making me look more "flaky" than I am. I am so disappointed because this offers great protection.....too bad it makes me look like I have white foundation on.

Its very thick so I use a very little amount. A tiny blob is enough for face and neck. Because its so creamy and difficult to blend, I suggest using your fingertips to dab and pat gently. Otherwise, like another reviewer said, you might end up with a 'whitish' face. Good thing abt this is I can go out immediately in the sun, no need to wait! I won't repurchase bec of its difficulty to blend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I think I have found my HG sunblock. It does not protect the way that Anthelios does, but it also does not contain synthetic chemicals or cause acne. I find it slightly difficult to blend, but not nearly as difficult as DDF's matte SPF 30.

It's a great sunblock, that leaves you a very white face after each application. So, make sure you got a mirror handy when you're applying it.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Blends well considering -- 10% zinc oxide. However, I'll be looking for other sunscreen that's as effective but easier to blend.