Essence Maximum Definition Volume Mascara

Maximum Definition Volume MascaraMaximum Definition Volume Mascara

3.6

on 1/25/2017 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

UPDATE: It made my lashes fall out! 😭

I will forever purchase! I don't know why have I ever bought any expensive mascara. This is so good.

The formula is neither wet nor dry. It stays on all day without smudging or flaking. It perfectly defines every lash and that's what I want. No spider legs or something. It goes off easily with micellar water. And best of all, it's dirt cheap!

on 5/11/2016 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great cheap everyday mascara, it does exactly what it's name suggests - it gives volume (Not much lenght!) and it defines and seperates eyelashes BEAUTIFULLY.

It doesn't clump if you layer it ontop of itself and with multiple coats it can make a pretty good dramatic mascara aswell if needed.

The packaging isn't everyone's cup of tea but I truly love slim vibrant colored mascaras, they're very easy to carry around. The wand is long and slim with rubbery bristles which grab and coat every lash.
It's not completely carbon black but it is quite dark.

After wearing it for a longer time it may smudge slightly snd start flaking a teeny tiny bit, however it's hardly noticable and it easily wipes off.

Give it a try if you need a versatile mascara, it's dirt cheap after all!

on 4/21/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This mascara comes out too dry! But, maybe I left it in my drawer too long, to be fair. Wouldn't repurchase anyway though because I wouldn't trust it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i found this formula to be very wet and it made my lashes very clumpy. i also found it bothered my eyes throughout the day (burning) and it smudged badly underneath my eyes. would not repurchase.

Best everyday mascara! Would repurchase again!

on 1/9/2016 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very good basic mascara that gives decent results and doesn't clump. I often use it when I want to apply something quickly and I'm not in the mood to bother with slow and careful application in order to avoid the dreaded spider lash effect. It's also dirt cheap, which is a big plus.

on 7/24/2015 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a nice enough mascara and it does give a nice natural look to the eyelashes. I found this at HEB, but sadly, my store no longer carries Essence cosmetics since the revamp of the cosmetics last spring. Happily, Ulta now carries the brand. This has a really nice brush which is very slender and it separates and coats every lash individually. Every lash. This really accentuates all my lashes and wow I didn't know I had so many! This does not give volume though although it does give maximum definition of every single lash.This little beauty does not clump, flake off, or have any fall out during the day. It stays put. This is exactly like Cover Girl Clump Crusher only with a different wand, but if you like that one you'll like this. I didn't care for that one and while I really like the application and lash definition on this, I prefer much more volume and it really doesn't do that for me. I don't have time to do multiple coats of mascara and this just takes too long to build up. I will continue to use this up for those I'm not wearing makeup looks and it's a fine product, but I really like thicker more luscious lashes and would rather have fewer of them wider and darker than more that are thinner. I don't know that I would get this again simply for that reason. It is a decent mascara and if you like a natural I don't have makeup on look this is the perfect product for that! I like the skinny wand and the way it separates every single lash and enhances them. This is perfect for the lower lash line and much preferred for that over my other heavier mascaras. Overall, It's a decent mascara, it simply isn't my style.

on 7/18/2015 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Awful

on 7/5/2015 11:28:00 AM

On term of claims this mascara indeed applies very nicely, defines lashes and doesn't clump but isn't really volumising. The real problem though is that it starts flaking and smudging after 3-4 hours. Also it's tricky to remove, after cleansing with micellar water I always find black string-like residues inside my eyes which I have to remove with a swab; I hadn't encountered this problem before with any other mascara however cheap.

This is the second Essence mascara I have tried. Unfortunately this one also smudges badly. It's such a shame because when first applied, it looks amazing. A couple of hours after application, its an entirely different story.

Popular Mascaras