Chanel May

Chanel May

4.6

on 10/1/2017 8:50:00 AM

Its a pretty bubblegum pink cream, for me, opaque in two coats and easy to manipulate on the nail. I have a gazillion pinks just like this from other more affordable brands which i also enjoy. But, hey, its a Chanel, its got a nice formula, its a nice timeless pink that you can wear to work or your grandmothers or on those days when you are in the mood for being that woman who wears pink. Its a nice polish, it self levels nicely, no complaints about the colour or formula. I didn't pay full price for this and I wouldn't as its a very generic colour and Chanel polishes cost way too much money to be chasing generic colours.

May is the perfect crème pink - not too dark, not too neon or too pastel. It applies like heaven - one coat is enough. THe wear is average - 2-3 days, but it is not a big problem to me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

May is a warm, creamy pink that echoes Pantone's Honeysuckle and Lilly Pulitzer's signature pink. This particular color has a hint of white to it, not enough to make it pastel but to give it a classy edge, steering it away from the brink of brightness. Perfect for summer toes.

on 6/24/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Easter Pink! The color of a pink ribbon around a Chocolate Bunny. If you like pink polishes you will love this. It is not a cloying Barbie pink or an obnoxious pepto pink but a vibrant Spring pink perfectly suited for April & May. I would wear a warmer Pink in the Summertime but it is a beautiful color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Simply put, I love this polish. Possibly the most perfect pink ever. It is a creme formula with no glitter or shimmer, just pink. Somehow it still seems sophisticated. It's not too blue, not too yellow, not too dark, not too light. It's the goldilocks pink. I love the formula, too. It goes on very smoothly, two coats makes it fully opaque, and each coat dries as fast as those quick-dry formulas. I love the packaging - the short, square bottle shape makes these easy to store in a drawer and difficult to knock over accidentally when using. I like that the square lid is just a topper. They don't expect you to hold that when you are applying. Under the square top is a very usable small ribbed top that actually holds the brush. I suspect that the two top setup helps prevent their polishes from drying out prematurely.

This was my first Chanel polish - my first Chanel product at all if you want the truth. But it was like a Chanel gateway drug! I now have a Chanel polish in this pink, plus a creme red, a creme coral, a metallic olive green, a metallic green/blue, a creme purple, and a metallic champagne. Yes, I am the proud owner of a rainbow of Chanel and every time I apply one it instantly becomes my favorite. I threw out all my other nail polishes. They were old anyway. We won't even get into all the other Chanel products I have purchased since the fateful day that I brought home May.

So the only thing holding me back from cleaning out my local Chanel counter and buying every single one is of course the ridiculous price. On the other hand, I have yet to be disappointed.

on 4/29/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have MANY nail polishes. This is by far one of the most flattering colors I've ever worn, and the consistency when applying is wonderful. It applies a little thickly, but has enough fluidity to quickly smooth out over the nail. After multiple applications I've seen only one air bubble.

As for the color, it's basically Barbie chewing bubble gum. The bottle appears like a cool pink, but I've found on my hands it's more neutral to warm-toned. I'd love to try it on my friends and know if it's universally flattering, but this is one I'm not going to share! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased Chanel's June and loved it enough to re-order. I decided to purchase May as well. Its a very nice color! Kind of like bubblegum pink. I am medium fair, and this color looks really good. Its a nice neutral daily pink that you can wear everywhere. I think this color is best for fair skin. It would probably not suit a darker skin, I tend to like darker polish on darker skin. My nails look beautiful, neutral, pretty and elegant.

on 7/13/2012 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is such a pretty pink colour, not too pale, not too dark, just right. My first chanel polish and I am really happy with it.

Popular Polishes