NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo

4.5

on 5/26/2016 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this blue based red color. I think it is flattering on fair and deeper skin tones. Once applied it doesn't go anywhere. It fades a bit after a few hours but my lips remain red tinted. Reapplying is not an issue. It dries completely matte which i love just be sure to exfoliate and wear lip balm beforehand.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Decided to give into the hype and I'm glad I did. Very good lip cream formula! It may go on a bit clumpy but it dries to an excellent matte finish and it barely budged when I ate strawberries and a cheese stick earlier. I find this formula better than the liquid suede. Now I know what to get as a cheap but good quality liquid lipstick as I'm trying to save money.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/14/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok this one I think is the best I've tried so far formula wise of nyx, the color is great, staying power is great, perfect nude red!

on 10/30/2015 1:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I own just about every shade of this line for a reason - they are amazing. This particular shade is gorgeous. WARNING - the actual shade is nothing like the color of the tube. It's lighter but if you want it deeper, simply line and fill in your lips with a dark lip liner and problem solved (FYI, I use NYX Blackberry slim lip pencil to deepen the color). The scent is heavenly, the formula, while matte, is not at all drying. Its lightweight, so you don't feel it on and it does not crack, flake, or ball up like some matte liquid lipsticks.

The price point cannot be beat - highly recommend. Love me some NYX.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

HG for me! For reference, my skin tone is NC25 and this blue-red is super flattering and makes my teeth look whiter as an added bonus.

I don't have any complaints about this product, as it isn't marketed as long-wearing, so I don't mind reapplying throughout the day. It also smells like cupcakes (yum)! It can be drying if I don't exfoliate beforehand.

I own 10-12 different red lipsticks and this is in my top 2 of ones I reach for the most.

on 10/30/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this color! I have been looking for a blue-red color (hard to find) and this one is perfect.
It goes on smooth but tends to dry lips after awhile, like with most mattes. The color stains the ;lips also so in between touch ups, it's also good. The price is also reasonable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Never been a fan of red lips on myself but thought I'd give it a try and decided to try a beloved NYX Matte Lip Cream before buying a more expensive red, like MAC. And I gotta say I'm glad I did. I wore this out shopping and got complimented on my lipstick twice! I don't know if it's just my tube or they're all like this, but it has like chunks of product that are darker but they do spread and even out when you swipe it on your lips. It's definitely red but it sort of leans pink on me, but that just might be because I have strong pink undertones. It lasted for 2 shopping trips and there was eating involved. It did fade in the center but it's easy to reapply. Overall, for $6 or $7 I would most definitely buy again.

on 8/31/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have a bunch of NYX lip creams, lipsticks, lip butters and everything they make, but I just noticed that this is the best one - absolutely perfect. It's a soft red that makes my lips look like they are perfectly shaped and actually does dry to a flawless matte finish without feeling dry. It doesn't last forever on the lips but it can be reapplied without ruining it. Of course I love the dark browns, purples, bright reds, nudes, but they do not give me this perfected look - they look like "she's wearing some lip product that failed." This one looks like "a Hollywood makeup artist stopped by and did her lips." I just love this shade which reminds me of Dragon Girl lip pencil by Nars. But that is a pencil that is harder to apply whereas this flows on with the brush and looks absolutely sculpted but natural. I've got to go and get another as this is almost gone - there wasn't very much in it even when it was new. But it is perfection and I am already wondering when they will discontinue it. The packaging gets a low score because the inner cap was loose from the outer cap even when it was new, and there is so little product in there.

Still, it has a brush that works. This is very much like my old holy grail, L'Oreal Rouge Pulp. It is impossible not to notice how good this looks, especially since I've been using browns for several days because I love them but they seriously do not brighten the face like this!!

Update April 4/16: This is currently my holy grail lipstick. I have bought several backups of this for the day when they delete it. There is no lipstick as good as this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

At first, I was worried about this color that it would look too plummy for me. Once I put it on my lips it felt like heaven gave birth to another heaven: the heaven of perfected makeup. This color is a berry toned red, but its bright in different lights. White lights show it as a true red color but in yellow it's like a berry toned. I love it. It feels matte and stable. The smell is so-so.
The packaging is simple and chic. Sadly, the smell is a bit off putting.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely love this lip color! Such a beautiful dark red, like others have mentioned very build able and doesn't dry out the lips. It doesn't bleed out of your lips and lasts awhile if you're not eating or drinking. The texture is "moussey" but very comfortable. The smell is sweet, similar to cake batter. This color is gorgeous and I feel would work for many skin tones and for every season! For 6 dollars you really can't go wrong!

Popular Lips Products