NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo

4.5

on 12/28/2016 6:00:00 AM

Beautiful colour on my yellowish skin tone, colour dried to the exact colour on the tube. Unfortunately, lipsticks only last 2 hours on my lips, this product is no exception. Maybe I'm just clumsy but dark lipsticks tend to smudge and smear and I seem to get it all over my chin and nose.

I'm allergic to fragrance but thankfully I'm not allergic to Nyx SMLCs!

Also, Monte Carlo is an exact dupe for UD's Mrs Mia Wallace!

on 9/12/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just for the fact that I get compliments every single time I wear this, without exaggeration, I would repurchase it. My skin has a yellow undertone to it yet somehow this lipstick compliments my features beautifully (despite its cool tone).

The funniest thing about Monte Carlo? It makes my lips look larger (even with a lip liner) and not smaller. Somehow it defies the rules of dark lipsticks, at least for me!

The colour aside: everything else is just perfect. My dream was to find a matte liquid lipstick that wasn't extremely drying and didn't leave my shriveled lips begging for mercy (I.e.: at least a little bit moisturizing) and I have finally found it - and the best part is it's from an affordable brand!

It's long lasting. It does wear a little from eating or drinking but only slightly. I've never had a liquid lipstick that didn't transfer anyways, so yeah.

Yes, I have to apply a few coats to get full opacity but this doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's still very pigmented and its long wearing quality makes up for that. Also, it smells like vanilla! It doesn't last very long though, the smell disappears a few minutes after applying it.

NYX overachieves yet again!

on 8/25/2016 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

If you are looking for matte lipstick, this is a good buy. It's cheap, nice looking packaging (secure, doesn't ooze around the applicator), and lasts a long time. In fact, too long! Last night I went to bed 8 hours after applying this, after dinner, drinks, and reapplying some balm on top, and it was still there!

I don't think I'll be purchasing another matte lipstick---I bought this one just to test the look, and it's not for me. However, this one is relatively non-drying. When you rub your lips together, it feels a little sticky.

My biggest complaint about this product is that the color of the packaging is really misleading. At least on me, the 3 shades I tried looked completely different on the applicator than the outside of the tube--and different on my lips than on either!

This looked like a nice, deep, classic red in the tube. However, on my lips it became bright dark fuschia. I looked like I had painted my lips with a red Sharpie. Completely unnatural and no way to play it off! I have fair, yellow-toned skin, which right now is a bit tan. If you can carry off super bright lip shades, this might work for you, but I looked like The Joker!

There is a strong vanilla smell when first applied, but it fades in a minute or two. The applicator (doefoot) is slim giving you good control around the edges.

Overall, a good product - just not for me.

on 5/26/2016 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Love this blue based red color. I think it is flattering on fair and deeper skin tones. Once applied it doesn't go anywhere. It fades a bit after a few hours but my lips remain red tinted. Reapplying is not an issue. It dries completely matte which i love just be sure to exfoliate and wear lip balm beforehand.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Decided to give into the hype and I'm glad I did. Very good lip cream formula! It may go on a bit clumpy but it dries to an excellent matte finish and it barely budged when I ate strawberries and a cheese stick earlier. I find this formula better than the liquid suede. Now I know what to get as a cheap but good quality liquid lipstick as I'm trying to save money.

on 1/14/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ok this one I think is the best I've tried so far formula wise of nyx, the color is great, staying power is great, perfect nude red!

on 10/30/2015 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I own just about every shade of this line for a reason - they are amazing. This particular shade is gorgeous. WARNING - the actual shade is nothing like the color of the tube. It's lighter but if you want it deeper, simply line and fill in your lips with a dark lip liner and problem solved (FYI, I use NYX Blackberry slim lip pencil to deepen the color). The scent is heavenly, the formula, while matte, is not at all drying. Its lightweight, so you don't feel it on and it does not crack, flake, or ball up like some matte liquid lipsticks.

The price point cannot be beat - highly recommend. Love me some NYX.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

HG for me! For reference, my skin tone is NC25 and this blue-red is super flattering and makes my teeth look whiter as an added bonus.

I don't have any complaints about this product, as it isn't marketed as long-wearing, so I don't mind reapplying throughout the day. It also smells like cupcakes (yum)! It can be drying if I don't exfoliate beforehand.

I own 10-12 different red lipsticks and this is in my top 2 of ones I reach for the most.

on 10/30/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this color! I have been looking for a blue-red color (hard to find) and this one is perfect.
It goes on smooth but tends to dry lips after awhile, like with most mattes. The color stains the ;lips also so in between touch ups, it's also good. The price is also reasonable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Never been a fan of red lips on myself but thought I'd give it a try and decided to try a beloved NYX Matte Lip Cream before buying a more expensive red, like MAC. And I gotta say I'm glad I did. I wore this out shopping and got complimented on my lipstick twice! I don't know if it's just my tube or they're all like this, but it has like chunks of product that are darker but they do spread and even out when you swipe it on your lips. It's definitely red but it sort of leans pink on me, but that just might be because I have strong pink undertones. It lasted for 2 shopping trips and there was eating involved. It did fade in the center but it's easy to reapply. Overall, for $6 or $7 I would most definitely buy again.