Shiseido Perfect UV Protector SPF 50+ PA++++ Very Water-resistant

Shiseido  Perfect UV Protector SPF 50+ PA++++ Very Water-resistant

4.3

on 6/1/2016 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this sunscreen because the finish was flattering and i was going for vacation to 2 very hot countries. I still became awfully tanned despite using this everyday. It also broke me out despite triple cleansing at the end of the day. I could see the white bits of the sunscreen stuck in my pores. The old formula in the blue bottle did not make me tan at all, although it broke me out.

Living in a hot and humid climate, sunscreen is a must, even more so when you've got to put up with easily irritated skin like mine.

This product just ticks all the right boxes:
1. Non-greasy
- the perfect uv protector dries down to a semi-matte finish, also doubles as a nice makeup base.

2. Sufficient protection
- I've been out and about town all day and I don't burn. This is without me reapplying product.

3. Breakout-free
- despite it having alcohol, this doesn't break me out. My skin just takes to this so very comfortably.

Need I say more? This has been a staple for over 4 years now, and they recently reformulated this and added in the WetForce technology. I think it's better than ever.

Japanese brands make the best non-greasy sunscreens. Shiseido is one of them!

I admit, I did stray and tried a bottle of the Impress Brightening Skin Protector, but my heart still lies with the Shiseido UV Perfector as I find it helps keep my face redness-free if I'm exposed to the sun. I go through a bottle every 1 and a half months. It's more expensive than drugstore / pharmacy branded sunscreens but it really is well worth the money. Highly recommended!

To Read all 11 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/23/2015 2:42:00 AM

I bought this when I was in Hong Kong bc I knew I needed a sunscreen that would hold up in humid weather. I got it for around $28 USD and in HK there's no sales tax 😁 formula is classic shiseido sunsreen; liquidy, sheer, and demi matte finish. my only regret is not buying more when I had the chance bc I live in USA and the versions here do not have the PA++++ rating. ( it means you won't get tan (if has all 4 +). I love that extra rating bc I found it really helps my freckles / sun spots from becoming any darker

on 5/10/2015 3:40:00 AM

Texture:
Milky white liquid with an ever so slight pink tint

Pros:
+Highest UVA protection available
+Water Resistant
+Lightweight, Non-greasy, Absorbs quickly
+No white cast
+Brightens and evens out complexion
+Matte finish
+Fantastic makeup base
+Does not sting eyes

Cons:
-Expensive (SGD59 for 50ml)
-Can be a slightly drying
-Contains some potential pore clogging ingredients such as Talc and Isopropyl Myristate

********************************************************************************************************

UV Filters: Zinc Oxide, Octinoxate, Octocrylene, Parsol SLX, Uvinul A Plus, Titanium Dioxide, Tinosorb S

Others: Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Alcohol, Talc, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Isopropyl Myristate, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsequioxane Crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Xylitol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Trisodium EDTA, Fragrance, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Limonene, Thiotaurine, Linalool, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Nylon-12, Dextrin Palmitate, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Red 27 (CI 45410), Diisostearyl Malate, Glyceryl Diisostearate, Tocopherol

This sunscreen leaves a white cast on my face. I think it only suits very fair skin tone as bloggers with very fair skin tone claim that it does not leave a white cast. I have fair skin but not super fair which is why I get the white cast. Not only that, it becomes powdery white in certain areas after some time. It would leave white lines on my eyelid after a few hours. I wonder why others rave so much about this and don't experience these problems. I'm guessing that they do not apply enough sunscreen.

Those with medium to dark skin tones get forget about using this on a daily basis unless you use foundation to balance the colour. I would use only use this when I am on a beach as I trust Shiseido sunscreens to offer superior protection.

on 2/7/2015 10:05:00 AM

Love this sunblock!!! It doesn't make my skin feels greasy and dull, and it doesn't break me out. This feels so lightweight and it can protects our skin longer since it gives you higher level of SPF. I love everything abt this sunblock. Repurchase? Definitely.

on 2/23/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I understand that this is the newer version of the blue shiseido perfect uv protector. I like the fact that its spf is high. It has a runny liquid consistency which many people find it to their liking. I would love it so much myself if I could find the way to apply it properly. Unfortunately, could not find how to apply it without leaving my face too dry or too oily. 1) I applied it directly on my bare face, left it alone for 20 mins, then put on my moisturizer. The result: a dry T-zone. 2) I applied it over the same moisturizer as I usually do with other physical sunscreens. The result: an oily T-zone.

Don't know how to do it right, so I have to get back to Clinique super city sunblock spf 40.

on 11/6/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The best sun screen for face I've ever used. It's effective and makes my skin very smooth. It feels very light and comfortable. I've used it every day for over a month now. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't make my face greasy. It's perfect under makeup. Not the cheapest but definetly worth the money. If they don't stop the product I'll keep on purchasing. I also don't use it for body so it'll last for quite a long time.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Sunscreen is a big issue especially when it comes to summer and this time, I dropped my long time favourite Anessa (another line made by Shiseido) and bought this one.

Here are my major reasons of switching:
(1) The Anessa sunscreen is so freaking difficult to be removed thoroughly unless using a cleansing oil, which is a big issue if you this on your other body parts as well. The Anessa sunscreen I used was "Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++", which is an older version. Just for your reference, they have reformulated it last year.
(2) According to the sales lady, this is even more water resistant, yet a lot easier to remove. I'm not sure about the water resistant part as I haven't done the pool test - will update sooner. As for the removal part, I still use cleansing oil for face but only soap and water for my body. The sunscreen is removed easily without leaving a powdery film on my skin like the Anessa.
(3) This provides PA++++ protection - yes, one extra +! This provides the strongest protection among all Shiseido sunscreen products. [UPDATE Aug 11 - The latest Anessa one offers the same protection as well.]
(4) This offers basically the same finish and touch, which is dry and matte, without drying out my skin though this takes longer time. With aging, I need to choose less drying / more moisturizing products.

I suppose the only downside is the fragrance. Anessa is unscented.

Back to the product itself, this is a runny milky white liquid that has to be shaken well before use, just like most of the Japanese brand sunscreen. It has a light floral scent just like the sunscreen line in a blue bottle made by Shiseido as well (eg. Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion SPF 33 PA++). I actually have a feeling that Shiseido is fading out that line.

This goes on skin evenly and smoothly, leaving a matte finish. It actually dries off decently quickly, so it won't stay greasy or sticky on skin. While this also kept the oilies at bay, it doesn't dry out my skin. Fyi, I have normal to dry skin. This works even better as a makeup base than my Sofina Beaute Whitening Day Protector SPF 50 PA+++ (not water resistant if you're wondering - awesome stuff for daily use btw!).

For the price HK$320 for 50ml, it's actually fair when compared to other brands like Sofina.

For the packaging, I don't really have any comment. Just an ordinary opaque white bottle with a twisting cap and snoozle opening. Travel-friendly design as the cap is unlikely to be opened accidentally and cause spillage in your bag.

To sum up, this is an amazing sunscreen that works better than Anessa on me. I'll definitely recommend this to those with drier skin type.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Love this. It's one of the sunscreen that doesn't broke me out (I am very sensitive to sunscreen products). It has a nice floral fragrance that doesn't bother my sensitive skin, but if you don't like fragranced product, don't worry because it doesn't linger that long.

It's actually formulated for face and body, but I only use it for my face because great body sunscreens are everywhere, it's not often you come across great face sunscreen.

It has a runny liquid texture, I use it by patting it softly on my face. within a few seconds, the white cast dries up and leaves a really smooth (because of the silicone), no white cast matte finish. I wore this for a whole day alone and my face didn't even turn oily. After you clean it off, you will notice that your skin is softer and brighter than before.

Amazing product. The price is rather high, I bought this for 45$ (50 mL) in my home country (because of the tax and stuff) but you can find this at ebay (trusted sellers of course) and sasa.com, but for a great sunscreen that you can wear alone and under make up, and you only need a little each application, the price is reasonable. For oily and sensitive, acne-prone skin, this might be your HG sunscreen!