4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 months ago

This review is for the reformulated perfect uv protector wetforce (dark blue bottle with yellow linings) spf 50 pa++++ with a multi-defense tag. When i first used it, i broke out in the initial days but after 3 days, my skin got used to it and I did not experience any subsequent break out. I apply a finger length for each cheek, since this sunscreen is rather lightweight. Cant measure how well it protects my skin (especially since nano zinc oxide reduces uva protection but there is tinosorb s and uvinul a plus included here) since its the cooler months here. Will give an update in the hotter months. So far, I have not experienced any burns or deepening of hyperpigmentation on my fair skin. It is very water resistant as water beaded off the sunscreen and will be good for swims/divings. This left a white cast on my nc15 skin as I usually dont wear makeup. Will only be using it for exercising

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

I bought this sunscreen from an airport in Asia out of curiosity because it is universally raved by Asian beauty bloggers. It is definitely the most I've ever paid for a face sunscreen. I honestly don't understand how sunscreens can be priced this much! Maybe very good sunscreens are expensive in Asia because it is viewed more as a beauty product rather than a health product like it should be as in Australia. Anyway it is not available in Australia. The actual product itself is quite lovely. The texture is very light and runny. It feels very smooth and silky on the skin, thanks to the amount of silicones in it. The finish is not greasy or shiny, more like semi matte. I didn't experience any piling nor did my skin break out and it played nice with my foundations. There is not much to fault with the formulation. It is an excellent with 6 different sunscreens and antioxidants to boost UV protection. For people who care, this does contain nano zinc but I'm not worried about it. My HG sunscreen is still La Roche-Posay's Anthelios XL Ultra Light which does all the Shiseido does but is far more affordable in Australia so it's a no brainer. However, if you live in Asia, it looks like it is only slightly cheaper than Shiseido... SUNSCREENS ARE A HEALTH PRODUCT! Stop the crazy pricing.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

EyesBlack

2.0

4 years ago

I bought this sunscreen because the finish was flattering and i was going for vacation to 2 very hot countries. I still became awfully tanned despite using this everyday. It also broke me out despite triple cleansing at the end of the day. I could see the white bits of the sunscreen stuck in my pores. The old formula in the blue bottle did not make me tan at all, although it broke me out.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

5 years ago

Living in a hot and humid climate, sunscreen is a must, even more so when you've got to put up with easily irritated skin like mine. This product just ticks all the right boxes: 1. Non-greasy - the perfect uv protector dries down to a semi-matte finish, also doubles as a nice makeup base. 2. Sufficient protection - I've been out and about town all day and I don't burn. This is without me reapplying product. 3. Breakout-free - despite it having alcohol, this doesn't break me out. My skin just takes to this so very comfortably. Need I say more? This has been a staple for over 4 years now, and they recently reformulated this and added in the WetForce technology. I think it's better than ever. Japanese brands make the best non-greasy sunscreens. Shiseido is one of them! I admit, I did stray and tried a bottle of the Impress Brightening Skin Protector, but my heart still lies with the Shiseido UV Perfector as I find it helps keep my face redness-free if I'm exposed to the sun. I go through a bottle every 1 and a half months. It's more expensive than drugstore / pharmacy branded sunscreens but it really is well worth the money. Highly recommended!

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

from

5 years ago

I bought this when I was in Hong Kong bc I knew I needed a sunscreen that would hold up in humid weather. I got it for around $28 USD and in HK there's no sales tax 😁 formula is classic shiseido sunsreen; liquidy, sheer, and demi matte finish. my only regret is not buying more when I had the chance bc I live in USA and the versions here do not have the PA++++ rating. ( it means you won't get tan (if has all 4 +). I love that extra rating bc I found it really helps my freckles / sun spots from becoming any darker

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

5 years ago

Texture: Milky white liquid with an ever so slight pink tint Pros: +Highest UVA protection available +Water Resistant +Lightweight, Non-greasy, Absorbs quickly +No white cast +Brightens and evens out complexion +Matte finish +Fantastic makeup base +Does not sting eyes Cons: -Expensive (SGD59 for 50ml) -Can be a slightly drying -Contains some potential pore clogging ingredients such as Talc and Isopropyl Myristate ******************************************************************************************************** UV Filters: Zinc Oxide, Octinoxate, Octocrylene, Parsol SLX, Uvinul A Plus, Titanium Dioxide, Tinosorb S Others: Dimethicone, Isododecane, Water, Alcohol, Talc, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Isopropyl Myristate, Polybutylene Glycol/PPG-9/1 Copolymer, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsequioxane Crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Xylitol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Trisodium EDTA, Fragrance, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Limonene, Thiotaurine, Linalool, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Nylon-12, Dextrin Palmitate, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Red 27 (CI 45410), Diisostearyl Malate, Glyceryl Diisostearate, Tocopherol

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

3.0

5 years ago

This sunscreen leaves a white cast on my face. I think it only suits very fair skin tone as bloggers with very fair skin tone claim that it does not leave a white cast. I have fair skin but not super fair which is why I get the white cast. Not only that, it becomes powdery white in certain areas after some time. It would leave white lines on my eyelid after a few hours. I wonder why others rave so much about this and don't experience these problems. I'm guessing that they do not apply enough sunscreen. Those with medium to dark skin tones get forget about using this on a daily basis unless you use foundation to balance the colour. I would use only use this when I am on a beach as I trust Shiseido sunscreens to offer superior protection.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlack

5 years ago

Love this sunblock!!! It doesn't make my skin feels greasy and dull, and it doesn't break me out. This feels so lightweight and it can protects our skin longer since it gives you higher level of SPF. I love everything abt this sunblock. Repurchase? Definitely.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

3.0

6 years ago

I understand that this is the newer version of the blue shiseido perfect uv protector. I like the fact that its spf is high. It has a runny liquid consistency which many people find it to their liking. I would love it so much myself if I could find the way to apply it properly. Unfortunately, could not find how to apply it without leaving my face too dry or too oily. 1) I applied it directly on my bare face, left it alone for 20 mins, then put on my moisturizer. The result: a dry T-zone. 2) I applied it over the same moisturizer as I usually do with other physical sunscreens. The result: an oily T-zone. Don't know how to do it right, so I have to get back to Clinique super city sunblock spf 40.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Other

EyesBlack

6 years ago

The best sun screen for face I've ever used. It's effective and makes my skin very smooth. It feels very light and comfortable. I've used it every day for over a month now. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't make my face greasy. It's perfect under makeup. Not the cheapest but definetly worth the money. If they don't stop the product I'll keep on purchasing. I also don't use it for body so it'll last for quite a long time.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age44-55