Skinceuticals Blemish + Age Defense

No Image

3.4

Salicylic Acid 1.5%. Alcohol Denat., Water, Methylpropanediol, Glycolic Acid, Diisopropyl Adipate, Octadeceneioic Acid, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Thane Sulfonic Acid, Citric Acid, Capryloyl Alcicylic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Polyquaternium-10

on 1/14/2017 10:43:00 AM

I keep trying alternative less expensive products but always come back to this and nothing helps my skin more. I've struggled with hormonal acne the last couple years and this is the best thing to clear it up and I see results fast. It is very strong and expensive so I only use on problem areas (for me my jawline) every other night. And you must use with a moisturizer. Highly HIGHLY recommend this and sample size is pretty generous so recommend trying a sample first.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a very strong product and made me feel very unconfortable in the first weeks, but after, my skin finally started to be used to it. I tried this one because I wanted to find a substitute for the LIERAC PRESCRIPTION anti-blemish mattifying fluid & anti-blemish mattifying concentrated gel, which is not available in Brazil. I've been using this for 6 months, always at night. I really prefer Lierac to this SC, especially regarding the acne scars, but SC is better as an 'age defense'.

on 12/21/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's irritating, really irritating! My skin is pretty high tolerant, and I didn't have any bad reaction to any skincare products before, until this one! Like other reviewers, I had many small red zits all over my face after just one or two days use. It looked like allergy, and it's itchy. I had to go my dermatologist to solve it problem. Do NOT recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Applied all over my skin cried in agony from being sucked dry of moisture. Applied as a spot treatment on active acne with a q-tip....absolutely awesome. Luckily I received a very generous sample of this as I don't see myself making a full-size purchase as it contains a large percentage of alcohol and its evident when you open the bottle (the scent hits the nose like a ton of bricks).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was given this product by a esthetician for my acne prone skin. Instead of helping my skin it gave me lots of little pimples/bumps everywhere I applied it, but especially on my forehead. It broke me out in places I never even get breakouts and didn't seem to calm my skin or help my existing acne.

I have a feeling it's because of the high alcohol content, but my skin is pretty tough and can handle 5 or 10% benzoyl peroxide with no issues -so this was very disappointing. As soon as I stopped using it my skin when back to normal. Luckily I got this for free, happy I didn't actually spend money on this product.

on 3/16/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have combo-oily, sensitive (among others, my skin takes the habit of breaking out in hives when it doesn't like something I eat or put on my skin), SD/PD-prone skin. OSPW. Fitzpatrick IV.

I got a slew of Skinceuticals samples from local aesthetic clinic. I had high hope on this given the rave review, simple ingredients list and price tag.

I have been wary to try using salicylic acid due to past bad experience with Olay Anti Wrinkle Toner with Vitaniacin. But, I thought it was just the formulation and was hoping that SkinCeuticals's formula would fare better on my skin.

Wrong.

I put it on one night, there was very minor tinglong, but immediately some little red bumps popped out along my nose bridge, just like with Olay toner. I thought it may be a fluke and my skin felt alright. The next day, in addition to the aforementioned red bumps, I woke up to a few real itchy hives, weird small zits above right corner of mouth and back left jaw. The small zits occurrences were weird because those spots are the last place I would ever get break out. I couldn't stop scratching my face the whole day.

I stopped it immediately and slathered my face with Skinoren and SebaMed Clear Face Care Gel and my face calmed down pretty immediately. I presumed my use of Olay Regenerist Night Elixir the following night and my face recovered after 2 days.

Obviously enough, I won't repurchase or even finishing the sample, at least not on my face.

This expensive piece of crap broke me out like crazy. Wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.

For my skin this is too strong to apply all over regularly. I use this as a gentle exfoliator for problem areas. If you have ingrowns or areas on the body that you need clear ( back or chest), this is fantastic. The dead skin just rubs off the next day. Careful if using all over the face if you have sensitive skin.

on 10/7/2014 2:58:00 AM

Firstly a bit about my skin. I'm prone to acne, I have acne scarring, and my skin gets really oily in the t-zone. I'd probably say my acne is mild but persistent now. Over the years, I've used everything to get rid of my acne. I've used dermatologist prescribed treatments such as doxycycline, minocycline, differin, epiduo, isotrex, retin-a, retin-a micro, tazorac and skinoren. I've used many skincare lines such as Jan Marini, estee lauder, clinique, neostrata, obagi, paula's choice and make up artists choice. Basically, you name it, I've tried it! These products either didn't work at all for me or they were just ok, but didn't produce the results I was after.
I've finally come to the realization that I've been pretty hard on my skin. I've used so many exfoliating products at the same time that I now believe have probably done more harm than good.
I'm now thinking that acne prone skin is sometimes sensitive skin, and using too many harsh products just exacerbates the problem. I know the more I strip my skin, the more my skin produces oil to compensate. And the more oil, the more blocked pores I get. I believe my skin is dehydrated from all the products i've used, and whilst some exfoliation is important, there's such as thing as too much.
Anyways, on to this product. I felt it helped my skin feel smoother, and did help to reduce acne. However, I also found my skin becoming excessively oily! I also thought my skin looked dehydrated, lacklustre and older.
I know this product has alcohol as a main ingredient and from my research there is conflicting information as to whether alcohol is good or bad. I certainly have used other products which contain alcohol, but usually it's much further down the list.
Everyones different, but I think alcohol doesn't agree with my dehydrated, over processed skin these days. I think it makes my skin over produce oil, and makes it look worse for wear over time.
So, because of this, I would not repurchase this product.

on 8/27/2014 9:17:00 PM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! I have been using it for over a year because I have a very oily T-zone and am prone to blemishes and blackheads. This product controls oil and diminishes blackheads.