Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin- Melting Gel Cleanser Normal/Dry

Boots  No 7 Beautiful Skin- Melting Gel Cleanser Normal/Dry

3.6

Isononyl isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (water), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sweet Almond oil, Sucrose stearate, Sucrose myristate, Isostearyl isostearate, Tocopheryl acetate, Rosehip oil, Parfum (fragrance), Sodium PCA, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene glycol, Magnesium PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc PCA, Biosaccharide gum-1, Manganese PCA, Potassium sorbate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This took off my makeup well with a washcloth, but within two days I had dry skin and breakouts from it. I most likely reacted to the fragrance in it and was really disappointed since it said it was hypoallergenic. The consistency was also a thick gel, so even if this would have worked I don't think it would last long since a lot was needed to remove makeup. I ended up returning it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Unfortunately this stuff broke triggered my rosacea. I got weeping sores on my face. It's a shame as it removed my makeup well. The scent is a bit strong, so if you react to that this stuff isn't for you.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

If you are not sensitive to fragrance then you'll probably like it. It works really well, and genuinely melts off make up easily and without irritation.

However, unfortunately for me, it broke me out. I rarely have this problem, so I didn't realise it wasn't just hormonal for quite a while.

Shame really because it's easy to get and reasonably priced (especially with the vouchers Boots gives out all the time) but just not for me.

If you aren't prone to breakouts this is a great product. I, however, am one of those unfortunate soulds who break out incredibly easy. This product leaves skin smooth and soft with being greasy. Unfortunately, it made me break out so badly after using it for 5 months or so. At first it was wonderful but as time went on the breakouts got worse and worse and being the only product in my routine that I've changed in the past 2 years, I know this is the culprit. Sigh.....

on 8/31/2017 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm impressed with how it CANNOT stay on my face - it began to disappear before I even started to massage and was completely GONE when I added water (to make it more spreadable). It comes out as a yellowish gel with thin consistency but not sticky and turns into a white liquid when washed - a tiny bit of water is already enough for it to be washed off, not sure if that's a pro or con- But that happens in milliseconds so I couldn't work it into my skin for it to cover my face full of makeup, a pea size without water is definitely not enough for this cleanser to do its job and if you use it effectively it will be used up in a month or so. Not going to repurchase simply because I don't feel it cleanses even in my double cleansing routine. It simply stays on my face not long enough for me to do MY job. Probably works as a morning cleanser for dry skin, unsure about the makeup removing part (if I remember correctly it was advertised that it takesmakeup off as well). If you don't wear makeup and have dry skin you can try but with this price, many others are available

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

While I liked this, I don't think I would repurchase at this time. It is a little too greasy for my taste, even when my skin is more dry. However, it is really effective at removing makeup due to the slightly oily gel consistency. You do need a decent sized dollop to remove a full face, but it does take everything off. As a first step in a double cleanse it is very nice, especially for long-wear products. On its own it left my skin feeling too oily, and a lot of the time I don't have the patience or the time to do a double cleanse every night. The packaging is plain but decent, and the tube allows you to get out most of the product inside. It can be a little expensive at Target in the US, but they do run sales on the Boots lines, so if you have very dry skin and wear a lot of long wear products, this might be worth checking out when you can get it on sale.

on 1/15/2017 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

LOVE this. I just realized my 'combination' skin is not dry/oily, it's dehydrated! At 32 I had terrible skin texture and my previous trusty bb cream wasn't hydrating enough anymore. Oils and thick creams did nothing for me.

This cleanses my face without stripping it and leaves my face feeling soft.

I finish with a bit of Boots hydrating mask as my moisturizer (you're supposed to rinse it off, but I just leave it).

My skin is slowly recovering its smooth texture and looks hydrated all day. I actually left the house only needing a touch of concealer for the first time in a long time. I love everything about these two (this and the mask)

on 3/23/2016 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I usually use DHC cleansing oil, but decided to give this product a try, because of the lower price. And I learned you really do get what you pay for. I used as the instructions stated on the back of the tube, but found I still had traces of foundation on my face after using. It also does absolutely nothing to remove mascara (even if it isn't waterproof). I would not recommend this to anyone.

This feels heavenly on my face! My skin sounds very similar to the reviewer below: combination with a tendency to be more oily in the summer and drier in the winter. My skin can easily get dried out by products. Since this is aimed at normal/dry skin, it leaves my face feeling fresh and smooth. The texture is sort of an oily cream-gel, if that makes sense. It really does feel as if it's "melting" into your skin. The directions say to apply it to damp skin, but I prefer to use it almost like a cleansing oil and massage it onto my face, including my eye area to remove makeup, then add just a smidgen of water to slightly emulsify it, then rinse off. The fragrance reminds me of baby oil. I have repurchased a couple of times and I use it year round.

on 3/20/2017 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

VERY GENTLE!!! Love this cleanser for a morning time cleanse. I think it's a dupe for the algenist melting cleanser. I even like it better than the algenist cleanser because I feel it washes off better. Doesn't leave a film like alegenist. Very light clean smell. Awesome.